Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Yet another store championships list

Hi guys

With another champs coming up looking at one of three new lists. What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards number 1

1. (97)

Han Solo (64) - YT-1300

Predator (3), Luke Skywalker (7), C-3PO (3), Millenium Falcon (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

Jake Farrell (33) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Proton Rockets (3), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

2. (99)

Poe Dameron (38) - T-70 X-Wing

Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (24) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Tala Squadron Pilot (13) - Z-95 Headhunter

3. (98)

Jake Farrell (28) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Lieutenant Blount (22) - Z-95 Headhunter

Assault Missiles (5)

1st list: a 'tried-and-true' tourney winning build.  Not easy to fly though, but if you feel very comfortable keeping your 2 ships alive, then you can do well. 

2nd list: not bad, although the tala is a bit out of place (not being able to keep up).  Personally, I would rather have Ello than Poe, since he is not stuck on focus all the time (so can safely boost more often) and he can be potentially more unpredictable.

3rd list: I don't think this is a good list.  Blount needs deadeye, Jake needs an initiative bid, and without prockets he hits like a wet noodle...

1st list: a 'tried-and-true' tourney winning build.  Not easy to fly though, but if you feel very comfortable keeping your 2 ships alive, then you can do well. 

2nd list: not bad, although the tala is a bit out of place (not being able to keep up).  Personally, I would rather have Ello than Poe, since he is not stuck on focus all the time (so can safely boost more often) and he can be potentially more unpredictable.

3rd list: I don't think this is a good list.  Blount needs deadeye, Jake needs an initiative bid, and without prockets he hits like a wet noodle...

The tala is only really on the second list as couldn't afford a prototype but a switch from Poe to Ello would make it do able. As for list 3 should probably just switch Blount for a proto and whack some prockets on Jake. I'm thinking list 1 for tomorrow though and just try not to crash and burn.

Ok, so went with list 1 and it got smashed to bits. My rolling may not have been great but really struggled to get damage through high agility ships with Han and all too often was only doing one at a time to B and Y wings. I may have been gambling too much on the Han re-roll. Also I think my play style is more suited to small base ships.

You did, and it wasn't. One of those where you know it's not the best idea but you want to try anyway

Its still useful to try this type of list.  Even if you don't end up liking it, you have the 'inside' perspective (knowing what the list wants to do and what moves are likely).  Makes it easier to beat when you have to go up against it (or something similar)