Sign in to follow this  
MrDodger

So who do we need to bribe for an Art book?

I noticed there's a book coming out called "World of Android" for the Android Netrunner setting.  From the product page:

A beautiful, 272-page hardbound setting guide and art book, The Worlds of Android features full-color art, stunning gatefolds, and a polyphony of narrative voices that convey the immense diversity of human experience in the rich, fictional universe made famous by Android: Netrunner and the Android board game.

Now obviously the Star Wars RPG lines are renowned for their awesome artwork. But being a fan of artwork, and owning all of the Star Wars Art books, I've long thought that between the RPG, LCG, X-Wing, Armada & Imperial Assault there is a ridiculous amount of fantastic artwork that would make for a beautiful coffee table book like the Android one.

Who's with me?

I agree, there's a lot great art work done by ffg. The problem for it happening may be copyright and who owns what. Ffg may have the rights to only do game material. Books may have to be passed by Disney / lucks first and they may want a bigger fee if they feel ffg are making more money out of them.

I'm very picky when it comes to art, and I don't think the SW art presented in FFG's books is of a consistent quality. Not just theirs, but many RPGs have the same issue, IMO. You can't expect greatness in everything, certainly, but quite a bit of shite art makes it into these publications, and I'm quite relieved my imagination doesn't require art to fuel it. I've purchased 40k art compilations second-hand because I refuse to pay full price for something I know is going to be 30% John Blanche scribbles with a dog vomit color pallet.

It's my opinion many of the "filler" (smaller) pieces in FFG's SW RPG publications are actually throwaways, the "audition" examples you might say. Net Runner artwork, while not my cup of tea, is at least of a consistent quality. Put out a book with that kind of production value and I could get behind the idea, but I'm almost certain you'll get more crud than quality.

Edit for spelling error.

Edited by Alekzanter