Sign in to follow this  
DagobahDave

Price Check: M3-A Interceptor Pilots

Continuing our series where I'd like us to re-evaluate the points costs of cards, one category at a time. Just copy the list and insert your own point values. Let's get to it. 

M3-A INTERCEPTOR PILOTS

Cartel Spacer 14

Tansarii Point Veteran 17

Laetin A'shera 18

Serissu 20

Too much! But seriously, I've only flow tansarri (sp?) point vets, with HLC, Stealth Device, PTL, and the title and it was great fun with a little glass sniper running around.

While I own 5 of them, due to lack of foresight, I've only ever flown 2 at a time, both being TPV, like I mentioned above. It definitely needs help, almost like the advance, defender, and interceptor fixes, all put together, all for a negative point cost, but that's too dramatic. I'm patiently waiting for FFGs resolution, they haven't let us (me) down yet!

spacer: 13 title included

vet: 17 is fair, only with title included

laetin: 15

serissu: 19

Edited by ZoraTheHutt

Drop all of the pilots by a point, and make the title free or 1 point (or give the title another benefit), and that would do a lot for the Scyk.  Laetin having an EPT would be neat as well.  The Scyk is a neat little ship, but really fragile for its point cost.

It would be cool if Serissu's ability could affect herself.

The thing it really needs though is a green one forward. It's a cannon platform that can't slowroll, which really hurts it. Or give it the green turns it desperately wants and make it a solid interceptor-type ship with PtL Tansariis.

The cost isn't what's really wrong with the ship, which is a problem because that's the easier fix.

I really think a single point drop on all of them is all it really takes.  Maybe a point drop on the title.  I don't think they are as terrible as people think, but I agree that they are overcosted by a smidgen.  

If Laetin had an EPT, he would be played A LOT more often.  

The title is too expensive - make it free, but you can't use your primary weapon. If this ship discards its last primary weapon, discard the title.

Better yet, make the title free but the ship is then UNABLE to use it's primary weapon.  The cannon becomes its primary.  There is a draw back to this.  Yes, you've fielded a HLC for 21 points, but your opponent is rolling an additional die at range 3.  Of course, there is a benefit to R1 attacks.... if the Scyk doesn't spontaneously combust from being too close to a real fighter...

I expect they will get a fix eventually. In the meantime, the simple solution is to just give them all a 2 point discount.

Cartel Spacer 12

Tansarii Point Veteran 15

Laetin A'shera 16

Serissu 18

The title should not be free. The basic ship should be usable. I do think the title ought to be re-worked, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Edited by Daniel Beaver

The title is too expensive - make it free, but you can't use your primary weapon. If this ship discards its last primary weapon, discard the title.

Better yet, make the title free but the ship is then UNABLE to use it's primary weapon.  The cannon becomes its primary.  There is a draw back to this.  Yes, you've fielded a HLC for 21 points, but your opponent is rolling an additional die at range 3.  Of course, there is a benefit to R1 attacks.... if the Scyk doesn't spontaneously combust from being too close to a real fighter...

At least word it like the Outrider title, otherwise you'd never see missile carrying Scyks. ;).

While you have a secondary weapon equipped, you cannot perform primary weapon attacks.

Your upgrade bar gains a <upgrade of choice icon>

And add Illicit and bomb and system upgrade titles. Make it really unique.

Yeah that was the intention.  Bombs don't work thematically, nor does system really - but a syck with a system would be fun. Dun like the idea of making the secondary a primary weapon - could break a lot of missiles/torps or support cannons.

Yeah that was the intention.  Bombs don't work thematically, nor does system really - but a syck with a system would be fun. Dun like the idea of making the secondary a primary weapon - could break a lot of missiles/torps or support cannons.

Ah you don't make it a primary weapon, the HLC on Dash isn't a primary weapon either after all. 

And give the Scyk titles for ALL the slots, make it the game version of the TIE Ugly, a kitbashed collection of Frankensteined weaponry.

If Laetin had an EPT, he would be played A LOT more often.  

Same as Guri that would have been the queen of bdsm if she had PS8 

Some things need to come together to work properly.

Laetin's ability means he wants an EPT. But he's unluckily a PS6 EPTless looser.

PS5 EPT Generic

and PS6 EPTless unique is a S&V Trend

Yeah that was the intention. Bombs don't work thematically, nor does system really - but a syck with a system would be fun. Dun like the idea of making the secondary a primary weapon - could break a lot of missiles/torps or support cannons.

Ah you don't make it a primary weapon, the HLC on Dash isn't a primary weapon either after all.

And give the Scyk titles for ALL the slots, make it the game version of the TIE Ugly, a kitbashed collection of Frankensteined weaponry.

I was responding to stone37 reply to my post. A hlc has its own weakness already. No need to make it even worse Edited by Hantheman

I find them not too bad really.

Last night I ran the following and had a blast.  If it wasn't for the brobots unbelievable green dice against torkil I would have won with a decent mov.  One brobot was left with 1 hull and the other with 2 hull.

Serissu+crackshot

Tansari Point Veteran+crackshot x 3

Torkil+tlt

100 points for a Scum and Villainy crackshot mini swarm with torkil.

It would be cool if the title had a reduction in the price of ordnance.  I mean, if I'm spending 2 pts for an upgrade, I'm going with a cannon!  Keep the title 2 pts, but maybe reduce the price of a Missile or Torp by 2 pts?  That would keep it reasonable.  Well....maybe!  

M3-A INTERCEPTOR PILOTS

Cartel Spacer 14

Tansarii Point Veteran 17

Laetin A'shera 18

Serissu 20

They trade a shield for an agility die relative to Z-95 and get a dial upgrade. They're also one native PS higher.

Cartel Spacer gets a point reduction of 1 point. Z-95s remain competitive for their upgrade slots and greater reliability, plus Black Sun Soldier wins on pilot skill.

Dirt cheap ships get two pilot skill per point generally. Tansaari pays 3 points to go to PS2 -> PS5 and gain an EPT, which in practice has proven to be too much, although the high base cost of the M3A has probably played into that. +3PS and an EPT for 2 points is Academy to Black Squadron Pilot, so for a similarly dirt cheap ship this seems completely reasonable.

Cartel Spacer 13 (-1)

Tansarii Point Veteran 15 (-2)

Laetin A'shera 16 (-2)

Serissu 18 (-2)

This gives Scyk Aces a comparable cost to TIE aces. Their ship is slightly better but their abilities are weaker, so I believe this balances out.

Spacer 13

TPV 15

Laetin 15

Serissu 17

Both named have aweful pilot abilities. Even going full bore with Serissu + title + crackshot+ HLC + hull shouldn't be above 30. That's 1pt less th an autothrusters+ title + juke Inquisitor. Same HP, same PS, similar damage, but Serrisu allows allies to be defensive and the inquisitor is more defensive himself.

Laetin really needed an EPT. Were they really that worried about him turtled up with PTL/elusiveness and a stealth device protected by Serrisu? Graz and every other PS4-6 without one is in the same boat.

As it stands there is pretty much no reason to use them without the title.  As filler the Z-95 already covers most of the same territory although it locks the 1 turns and long 5k but does get the 3 turns.  If you want to bring the base generics into use the price would need to see a decrease.

After that something needs to be done about the title.  Were it free I think you might see some M3-As getting used as cannon ships but not with the weapon's surcharge.  If the base price was lowered one I think lowering the title cost one would be enough.

Now in all fairness a "fix" to the ship probably should utilize a new title that gives more and/or costs less.