Sign in to follow this  
Malev Da Shinobi

Malev [Repaints] T-70 Black One

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm humbled..  But don't ever stop painting ! Let the splashing(of paint) commence!

Here is a less in your face uber high contrast image... (also resized for message boards)

91ItD4C.jpg

Much peace, 

Malev

Edited by Malev Da Shinobi

This is the minorist of complaints and really a testament to how awesome this thing is. But, the grey molding on the face of the intakes or whatever they are is a little too flat. I'm sure at a distance no one would ever even notice. Maybe a highlight up top or a dark gradient leading from the bottom and this thing would be flawless.

Every one of these I've seen has the stripes on the wings done free hand. Yours are so crisp and relatively uniform. It's almost like they were printed on (I assume you used masking), it's fantastic. The orange highlights are really effective at making the thing pop in the non-zoomed image. And of course, BB-8 is delightful. 

But, the grey molding on the face of the intakes or whatever they are is a little too flat. I'm sure at a distance no one would ever even notice. Maybe a highlight up top or a dark gradient leading from the bottom and this thing would be flawless.

Every one of these I've seen has the stripes on the wings done free hand. Yours are so crisp and relatively uniform. It's almost like they were printed on (I assume you used masking), it's fantastic. 

good eye !! Honestly, it was only then when I was looking at that massively blown up image did i think "huh i didn't shade those intakes.." owell.. the exchange has been made and all is happy. I'll def keep an eye on that for the future. 

and also, a secret ! No masking tape. It does require a stead hand, but the trick is to start with the slim side of the wing, and not the top. Since they do trail to the backside of the wing, it's smaller surface allows for easier placement for which to drag the longer strokes across the top of the length of the wing: 

FPkVDCe.jpg

Once those are there, then the orange panel laid over the top will hide them. (provided one thins paints effectively). 

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I'm stoked to read them !

Bonus picture showing the grey panel on the other side:

Th4fePk.jpg

Much peace, 

Malev