Sign in to follow this  
rich22

Imperial Aces list for new player

Good evening everyone.  I just bought the TFA Core Set recently and so far have only bought a TIE Phantom and a K-Wing.  My wife called dibs on Rebels because she loves Poe so I guess I'm going with Imperials for a while.

Anyways I put this list together after a little research and loving the Phantom.  Let me know what you think, please!

TIE Interceptor - Soontir Fel - 27

Push the Limits - 3

Royal Guard TIE - 0

Autothrusters - 2

Stealth Device - 3

TIE Phantom - Whisper - 32

Veteran Instincts - 1

Fire Control System - 2

Advanced Cloaking Device - 4

FO TIE - Omega Leader - 21

Juke - 2

Comm Relay - 3

Total Points - 100

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Looks good. I've built that exact build myself. Pretty standard loadouts for those three. If you ever get a Lambda shuttle, sensor jammer on Whisper is good also.

Tried him with Sensor Jammer and was kinda underwhelmed. his damage output really suffers, as you will usually roll unmodified dice (I usually barrel roll out of arc and if that's not possible, take Evade, so after shooting I have cloak, evade and focus).

@OP - I keep flying this list with mixed success. It has a lot of punch and can be difficult to take down, but if you screw up your maneuvers, you lose. It is very fragile and really depends on arc dodging for survival.

Good evening everyone.  I just bought the TFA Core Set recently and so far have only bought a TIE Phantom and a K-Wing.  My wife called dibs on Rebels because she loves Poe so I guess I'm going with Imperials for a while.

Anyways I put this list together after a little research and loving the Phantom.  Let me know what you think, please!

TIE Interceptor - Soontir Fel - 27

Push the Limits - 3

Royal Guard TIE - 0

Autothrusters - 2

Stealth Device - 3

TIE Phantom - Whisper - 32

Veteran Instincts - 1

Fire Control System - 2

Advanced Cloaking Device - 4

FO TIE - Omega Leader - 21

Juke - 2

Comm Relay - 3

Total Points - 100

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Very solid list, I've done pretty well with it in a number of tournaments, but Soontir and Whisper both take a lot of practice to fly well, and are both pretty unforgiving of mistakes.  Don't be discouraged if you mess up and they die a lot.

Good list, although I prefer 35pt Vader with VI over Soontir for this one. He'll be able to hunt things that a PS9 with no initiative bid can't.

I prefer swapping out Whisper for Vader and using the spare points for a Stealth Device for OL, personally, but I should experiment with Whisper, OL and Vader.

Good list, although I prefer 35pt Vader with VI over Soontir for this one. He'll be able to hunt things that a PS9 with no initiative bid can't.

The thing with Vader is I really don't want to get the Raider set just for TIE/X1.

Can he be good without TIE/X1?

The thing with Vader is I really don't want to get the Raider set just for TIE/X1.

From what, I've seen, yes but not necessarily cost effective.  With TIE/X1 (and the corresponding Advanced Targeting Computer) Vader's damage increases dramtically.  Throw on an engine upgrade and he becomes as slippery as a Rancor is ugly.

From what, I've seen, yes but not necessarily cost effective.  With TIE/X1 (and the corresponding Advanced Targeting Computer) Vader's damage increases dramtically.  Throw on an engine upgrade and he becomes as slippery as a Rancor is ugly.

In all fairness, I'm sure that Fluffy was adorable when Malakili picked him out of the box in front of the Tatooine Wal-Mart, but no pet stays cute for long.

For right now, what you've got looks good, but everloving Sith is Vader nasty with the TIE/x1 and Adv. Targeting Computer. More punchy than Soontir and less reliant on fickle greens for defense. 100% great, would recommend. If you don't want to buy the Raider, you can generally pick up the TIE/x1 title and Adv. Targeting Computer as a pair on eBay for $10-$15 dollars.

The thing about the Raider is that yeah, it's very expensive, but it comes with another TIE/AD, Emperor Palpatine (who is SICK good) along with four of the title and upgrade - and when will you ever want to run more than two, letting you sell on the unneeded ones to those who want Vader in all his glory. I'm playing the game on a strict budget myself, and after doing the math I decided to go for the Raider and use Vader as my Ace over buying Imp. Aces, TIE/IN, and Starviper. Nearly the same price after selling the unneeded titles on. 

But it is awfully pricey, and your wife might rather you buy something else. Like a Millennium Falcon.

Also! While you can, you might want to pick up one of the C-3P0 "championship" cards on eBay for her half of the game; the tournament packs will be running out soon and once they do the price will probably go back up to $25+. And the only other way to get it is in the Tantive IV Epic ship, which comes with NOTHING else for standard play. R2D2 crew versus the astromech, that's it.

Several people sell TIE/x1 and ATC as a combo on ebay. That's the route I went to get mine. 

After reading up a bit, I think I will definitely go with Vader, VI,  X1, EU, ATC.

The cost difference won't be terribly bad either, especially if I can sell 2 X1 and ATC cards.

Will just have to buy FO Tie, Slave 1, Millenium Falcon, TIE Advanced and Raider Pack.

My wife will be really happy to fly Chewie as well!

I really appreciate the feedback everyone.  Thank you a ton!

Edited by rich22