Sign in to follow this  
SDCC

Was I right to buy a second Kihraxz?

I've got a second Kihraxz (never know if I'm spelling it correctly), despite not seeing many being used.

Is there a prevailing opinion on them? Is Talonbane all he's cracked up to be? Are the PS2 pilots useful?

My brother compared them to X-Wings, in that they're just solid throughout. 

I'm thinking of pairing two PS2's with Boba. Looks nice as a squad, but are they good wingmen?

Just want to get an idea with them really. Thanks

I own 4 and I don't regret it one bit. A very solid ship. It could have used an extra Hull (or Shield) to make it stellar, but it has great maneuverability (got to love that 1 turn!).

And yes, you spelled it right. Supposedly, it's pronounced "kee-raz".

Lots of useful upgrades in that pack. Crack, Glitter and Predator, right? Besides, the Aces will be great for mindlinking. 

I think so yeah. I'm not thinking any further than March for Store Champs, so I'm more interested in if they're good to use now. Obviously everything can be good if flown right, but I'm not sure what that way is for them yet!

I bought 5. So yeah...

You like them a little bit then?

Have you ever ran 5 Marauders?

I like them a lot, and have had reasonable success with them. :)  At 20 points they're reasonably cheap, although I'm a little more of a fan of the Black Sun Ace, as 24 points gets you a hard-hitting PS 5 ship with Crack Shot.

Talonbane is great when he works, but will usually be target #1 for your opponent.  Predator + Engine Upgrade are good on him, but don't expect him to survive more than a turn or two of shooting.  A budget Crack Shot + Glitterstim build also works quite well if you're embracing his likely imminent demise...

I own 4 and I don't regret it one bit. A very solid ship. It could have used an extra Hull (or Shield) to make it stellar, but it has great maneuverability (got to love that 1 turn!).

And yes, you spelled it right. Supposedly, it's pronounced "kee-raz".

That's how I've been saying it! It's such odd spelling, I always wonder if I'm saying it correctly.

Just been thinking about two Marauders with Glitter and Hull, then I've got 50 points to spend on a Firespray or YV-666.

I'm still struggling a lot with the lack of a 1-forward to get as much use of them as I'd really like, though I do really enjoy Cobra's crash-and-burn style.

I will be trying a Jumpmaster Scout/2x Kz/2x Pirate list at some point though, to see if buying two of them was the right call as much as anything else!

Have 5 as well, although not got around to test 5 Cartel Marauders.

Graz is imho a bit expensive for what (s)he does.

Black Sun Aces are decent, solid on their own. Can be used to help out and flank Talonbane, who is amazing, but dies so fast due to the BIG target sign on his back. Meanwhile the BSA hits the one(s) concentrating on Talonbane.

2 of the PS2's with Fett seems like a solid choice. I've been flying 3 of them (not with Fett) and enjoying it. I've found that the combination of the 1-turn and the 5-K seems to add some unpredictability as their are many times that either maneuver will put my arc where I want it, but put my ship in very different positions.

Edited by WWHSD

I think someone placed in the past week or two with a bunch of them at a Store Championship.  I can't recall the list, but why not?

I think they suffer from people not trying them enough.  People say the T-65 is broken and this is the Scum T-65.  Then again, with Integrated Astromech, I've seen a bunch of people getting in Top 4 at SC's with T-65's.  Even generics.  So, I say try to fly it and see if it works for you.   If it does, then what's bad about it?  I think that there are a lot of ships people just haven't tried.

I've also seen people fly 3 Kihraxz Fighters and 2 Heavy Scyks.  I've seen them use 2 Ion Cannons, but I think it might be better to go with one with Tractor Beam when it comes out.  

I haven't flown a lot of these, but I'm happy with them the times I have.  I really liked the 1 sharp turn, which has been said to be the best move in the game.  

I still want to try Graz the Hunter in a list.   Have a flanker, but use Graz as the centerpiece to your anvil/distraction.  Give him something like Homing Missile.  Get him at optimal range and suck down Glitterstim.   Fire your missiles.  Hopefully people fire at him.   Maybe have everyone else just out of range?  Do it just as your flanker comes in?  Maybe?

My 10 year-old son has some reasonable success with three PS2 Kihraxz's's and a PS2 YV-666.  Nice cheap way to spam 3-dice attacks.

I too have five but have not tried the 5K list yet.  Mostly because my son is always flying three of them...  And no, I refuse to own 8 of anything except the original Tie.

I think someone placed in the past week or two with a bunch of them at a Store Championship.  I can't recall the list, but why not?

I was at a 32-player SC 3 weeks ago when a 5x Marauder list placed 2nd. And the 3rd-place team at the UK Team Championships a couple of months ago featured 4x Crackshot Aces as its Scum list.