Sign in to follow this  
The Silver King

Rebel Veterans Content (Repaint Color Scheme and Pilot Choice)

I'm going to bet on a Rouge One release for a veteran's pack as well. Most likely a T65 and an Y wing. I expect a few named and un-named pilots that will match with rouge one characters to be introduced. I figure it will be the Y instead of the E due to the Rouge One movie. Unless the E gets retconned into prequal prototype status like the B and all the bloody A's showing up in Rebels (which is so disappointing... they should be Z95's)

I also would hope for some additional cards to help other ships ala the Scum and Villany kit.

Rogue one is a groundpounders show tho - not a starfighter show despite its name. Its going to have more ground combat than space combat scenes. There's at least rebel 1 starfighter in it (an X-Wing or Z-95) and TIEs of some sort. Maybe they'll make a HWK - the groundpounders do need to get around and the Zs Rebel commandos used under Madine might not work well for the film.

I'm expecting the Rogue one stuff to be a totally seperate and unannounced release however - like the TFA core set (Maybe Force Friday becomes an Annual event now that the movies are more or less always going to be in December), with another release coinciding with the launch date of the movie. Rebel Vets I'm expecting to be spoilt months ahead like the Imp Vets, with a second announcement close to street release date. I'm just guessing however. I have no inside info on any of this.

Rogue one is a groundpounders show tho - not a starfighter show despite its name. Its going to have more ground combat than space combat scenes. There's at least rebel 1 starfighter in it (an X-Wing or Z-95) and TIEs of some sort. Maybe they'll make a HWK - the groundpounders do need to get around and the Zs Rebel commandos used under Madine might not work well for the film.

I'm expecting the Rogue one stuff to be a totally seperate and unannounced release however - like the TFA core set (Maybe Force Friday becomes an Annual event now that the movies are more or less always going to be in December), with another release coinciding with the launch date of the movie. Rebel Vets I'm expecting to be spoilt months ahead like the Imp Vets, with a second announcement close to street release date. I'm just guessing however. I have no inside info on any of this.

Exactly what he said. I don't know why people keep saying we will get ships to match Rogue One, which will have little-to-no space combat in it. The movie has been said to be a "heist" movie, with ground-based combat and infiltration being the main thing in the movie, not space combat.  If any game is getting Rogue One stuff, it would be Imperial Assault, not X-Wing.

None of these guys really looks like a fighter pilot to me, but I think they would be perfect for Imperial Assault.

rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1536x864-521514

Edited by The Silver King

Well the z95s are widely used by rebel commandos in EU legends (eg tala squadron), and while the y-wing shuttle was used more by rebel diplomatic corps, the commandos have used them for paratrooper missions.

Ywing and Ewing, I'd imagine. More pilots for the former, a fix for the latter. The T65 just got a fix, so I don't know if we will see another one so soon.

That, and I don't know if they want to bury people in Xwings when they have other product to move! :P

The X-Wing needs better distribution however - and Y-s got boosted in wave 6 (BTL-A4 Y-wing, Bomb Loadout), Wave 7 (Extra Munitions, Twin Laser Turret), Wave 8 (Dorsal Turret, Guidance Chips). Y-wings do need new rebel aces tho - the current ones are a bit meh.

I'm just hoping IA comes with the reb Vets - dun really need more X-wing pilots really.

Alternatively, since all the craft use astros in the first place, the an solid non-unique astro could fix up the X, Y & E at the same time.

An Ewing only card that takes you're droid and sensor slots makes the most since. Something like as long as you have an evade token you can change 1 focus on defense. Also make it 1 point.

This would be good; in particular it would probably be good to make non-Corran ones better without affecting Corran himself who REALLY adores his FCS and regendroid.

Very good thought.

How do we know that Rogue One will not have any space combat?

We don't, but given the apparent plot (heist movie to steal the original Death Star Plans) it seems a little unlikely.

I'll be very pleased if I'm wrong, though.

How do we know that Rogue One will not have any space combat?

It probably will. Just not much. They need to get away with the goods with the Empire chasing to start a new hope right?

It's going to be more tesb than ahn or rotj.

More likely we will see this from Rogue One

300C07FA00000578-3394413-image-a-55_1452

WANT.

Also, I would like to see the Corsec X-wing and Whistler in the game. Beyond that, I would not like to see any of the ridiculous stealth-X drivel that came from the ugly end of the EU or any of the Wraith randomness for that matter.