Sign in to follow this  
The Silver King

Rebel Veterans Content (Repaint Color Scheme and Pilot Choice)

Hello,

So I was wondering what everyone thought would be FFG's choices for the color schemes and pilots for the Rebel Veterans pack, since they have used alternative paint schemes in their previous ace/veterans packs and I would hope that they did the same for this one. I am going under the assumption that it is going to contain an E-Wing and a T-65 X-Wing, since that is what I see most of the community is guessing it is going to be, as well as the two Rebel ships most in need of some strengthening. Personally I got no idea what color scheme they can paint the E-Wing, since the only canon alt-color scheme that I could find is one seen on the cover of the book X-Wing: Mercy Kill, and even then it was of a "rogue" faction that turned traitor to the New Republic, so they can't really use it. I can't really think of any "named" pilots that use the E-Wing either. (I got a side remark/question relating to that, which is if Corran Horn ever used an E-Wing in any Star Wars media, because I don't remember him ever doing so).

As for the new X-Wing pilots and new color scheme of the ship, here are my two wishes. (I should note that I don't want both, just one or the other)

-CorSec-colored X-Wing (Green, Black, White) with Corran Horn (PS Level 8-9) as one of the two named pilots and his trusty R2 droid "Whistler" as an astromech upgrade card.

When I first got into this game, I was slightly ticked-off that I could not play as one of my favorite SW characters of all-time, Corran, in the ship that I traditionally think of him flying in, the X-Wing. Since FFG seemed to be limiting pilots to one ship, I lost hope that I would ever see Corran in a X-Wing until I saw that FFG was going to re-use Maarek Stele as one of the new TIE Defender pilots in the Imperial Veterans pack. Since then I have hoped that FFG would re-use Corran in a similar fashion, giving him his X-Wing and maybe paving the road for his droid buddy Whistler to join him as an upgrade.

-Stealth X-Wing (muted Dark-Grey/Black) with Jaina and Jacen Solo (PS 8-9 for Jaina, and PS 7-8 for Jacen) as the named pilots

Now as part of the "fix" or upgrade that I would be giving the X-Wing via this expansion, I would be giving the players two "Stealth X" titles in the box. These titles would give the X-Wing whatever fixes that the FFG developers feel that they need to be playable once more (being a mostly Imperial player and only having one T-65 in my collection, I don't know its drawbacks well enough to say what the titles need to include).

I would love to get the Solo Twins as pilots, but if that is not doable, then we can always use like Kyp Durron or Lowbacca or Corran (get him his darn X-Wing FFG!) or some other Jedi pilot.

Here are the two X-Wing color schemes, for those of you that aren't familiar with them.

Corran's CorSec X-Wing

corsec_x_wing_corran_horn_by_lorcan13-d5

Edited by The Silver King

There WILL be a Rebel Veterans Pack?

Good question. There is a contradictory attitude on this forum; on the one hand we expect every faction to be distinctive, on the other hand all expansions are assumed to mimic those of the other factions.

I think there will be a 'Rebel Veterans', but seeing is believing.

which other ships you think need a fix when talking about the Rebels?

E-wings seem to be underwhelming apart from Corran himself so I would not be surprised to see that in there.

As, Ys, Bs and K-wings seem to have their respective niches and perform solidly. I guess we will have to wait and see.

E-wings seem to be underwhelming apart from Corran himself so I would not be surprised to see that in there.

As, Ys, Bs and K-wings seem to have their respective niches and perform solidly. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Yes I forgot about the E-Wings. Its all Corran only. But Corran is so strong that you need to find a fix that won't make him better. I think this is tricky.

While the HWK could use a better gun - if FFG would bring a card that would add +1 firepower for 0 points they would just prove that there is no place in this game for attack 1 ships.

The HWK imho should remain as a support ship. And yes, you could fix any ship by reducing its costs.

So Rebels, choose the contents of your Veteran Rebels Pack:

A) X-Wing + E-Wing

B) X-Wing + HWK

C) E-Wing + HWK

I think the StealthX should be a new ship and not a title, considering the fact that only Force Users could pilot them. Here's a whole expansion I designed for the Reddit Custom Ship contest.

StealthX

3/3/2/2

Dial: same as the X-Wing, but add 1turns and subtract 3turns

In keeping with Rebels, this ship will be more survivable than its Imperial counterpart with the higher agility, although I have been considering trading one agi for a hull point.

Actions: Focus, Target Lock, Cloak

Upgrades: Astromech, Torp, Tech

It's an Advanced X-Wing, so it gets an X's upgrade bar with Tech upgrade.

Pilots:

PS 3 Jedi Knight

"Developed during the Yuuzhan Vong War, the StealthX was a highly modified X-Wing designed to be invisible to sensors. The lack of active sensors meant that only Jedi could pilot them."

22 points (19 for jousting value, +1 for Cloaking, +1 for Astro, Tech, +1 for Pilot skill, -1 for dial (coming soon)), no EPT.

PS 6 Jacen Solo

The first time each round you are dealt damage, assign a focus and an evade token to this ship.

Jacen's whole "thing" was turning his pain into power. It's a good ability for a mid PS ship, because you'll probably take an attack or two before your turn to fire.

24 points, no EPT.

PS 7 Mara Jade Skywalker

You may attack while cloaked. If you do, you must immediately decloak if able after the attack is resolved.

Mara Jade Skywalker, former Emperor's Hand, draws on her assassin training to invisibly stalk her target and attack from stealth.

26 points, EPT.

PS 9 Jaina Solo

When the defender rolls defense dice, if you have a target lock on the defender, skip the "Modify Defense Dice" step.

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9). Jaina in the novels is a relentless hunter who focuses on her target until they go down.

31 points, EPT.

Thoughts on pilot abilities and pricing are welcome.

Upgrades:

Shadow Bomb

Torpedo Upgrade

StealthX only

Instead of attacking, you may discard this card and spend a Focus token to choose a ship at range 1 and roll 2 attack dice. The chosen ship suffers 2 damage for each [hit] or [crit] rolled.

4 points

Shadow bombs are undetectable and loaded with explosives, hence why the defender doesn't get to roll greens.

R9 Astromech

Astromech Upgrade

Defending ships cannot add their range combat bonus.

2 points

The cautious R9 unit likes it when you stay at Range 3.

•"Sneaker"

Astromech Upgrade

When you decloak, you may acquire a target lock.

2 points

Jaina's personal Astro, Sneaker works best with her but is a valuable addition to any StealthX.

Sensor Baffling

Tech Upgrade

Action: Discard this card to assign a reinforce token to this ship.

2 points

This is just a really cool effect I'd like to see on a small ship.

Outmaneuver

Cool Hand

Stygium Particle Accelerator

Edit: I made this in October and predicted both Red Ace and Omega Leader! Also got a lite Inquisitor with the R9 as well.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

I think the Rebel Veterans pack will be tied into Rogue One... which is releasing next November.  I'd like to see Y-Wings and HWK's, but it'll be closely tied to the ships we actually see in the movie. (X-Wing with black chevron).

I think we will see a Scum Aces or Veterans pack too. I'd expect to see a Scyk and StarViper in there.

I think the Rebel Veterans pack will be tied into Rogue One... which is releasing next November.  I'd like to see Y-Wings and HWK's, but it'll be closely tied to the ships we actually see in the movie. (X-Wing with black chevron).

I think we will see a Scum Aces or Veterans pack too. I'd expect to see a Scyk and StarViper in there.

I found this in the net and instantly thought:

Why shouldn't the best Black Sun pilot be in a StarViper?? Its only natural:

felUd21.jpg

There WILL be a Rebel Veterans Pack?

I said it in different post.  This is Star Wars: X-Wing a living game.  If there is an Imperial Veterans then I'm sure there will be a Rebel Veterans expansion as well.  Just looking at the other topics that asked this question, people have said the X-Wing, K-Wing, E-Wing, Y-Wing, Hwk-290 are all among the ships that need fixing.  Of course not everyone agreed that all of them (Y-Wing for example) are truly in need but this is what some are asking for.

The question really is what ships will FFG put in the package.  Of course I could be wrong but based on Fantasy Flight's marketing model in the past I would be very surprised is this didn't come out.

The weakness in thinking there will be another T-65 is that we already have three sources for them of which only the lowly, but mighty, TIE Fighter can claim the same.  Not that I wouldn't want to see the X-Wing in some of those alternative paint schemes I just don't think it is very likely to happen.  A repaint of the T-70 would seem more likely to me.

A new E-Wing is something I could see happening.  It is supposed to be what replaces the X-Wing and what I'd consider closest to the Defender when it comes to ability.

Now I don't think the HWK really belongs in any discussion about a Rebel Vets pack simply because it is hard to associate such a weak ship in that category especially when it also flies with the Scum.  That Scum connection also makes me question the chances of seeing a Y-Wing or Z-95 in a Vets pack although I would like to see more rebel pilots for either of them. 

I like the CorSec Xwing idea, but the Stealth X will never happen. There is no design space now between the T65,T70, and Ewing. All "advanced" new Republic designs are done. And I know Jacen and Jaina will never be in the game. They are gone. Disney killed the entire EU because of them. Disney won't let them into a game at this point.

Yes I forgot about the E-Wings. Its all Corran only. But Corran is so strong that you need to find a fix that won't make him better. I think this is tricky.

You mean like Darth Vader before the X/1 fix?

I can see an argument for Poe's black and orange X-Wing being in a Rebel Aces pack ... solely for the repaint. I can't see a need for it to be in there to improve the game/ship though.

After flying a T-70 I really struggle to see the T-65's worth. Yes, they are different, but the T-70 has access to the same 'fixes' that the T-65, has a more maneuverable dial and post movement actions to help re-position. I don't want to reignite the stale X-Wing need a fix debate but I'd like to see it a little more elevated still. 

I argue we will see a Scum Pack and nothing for the Rebels until the new movies.

Luke in an E-wing, 

A consideration that we overlook due to our fandom at times. 99.99% of SW fans recognise Luke in an X-Wing. It is one of those many things that are iconically SW. That small remaining fraction have read the relevant EU material to appreciate other alternatives. 

I argue that FFG has to make these considerations when designing the game. They have to keep enough iconic SW on the table to ensure that it remains 'Star Warsy' for those that that haven't read every comic or book, played every game, scoured the wiki, attended conventions, etc.

Accordingly, we will not see Luke in an E-Wing. If we do see an E-Wing in an Aces Pack it will be with characters drawn from the EU or fabricated.

I think we will end up with a Rebel Veterans pack that includes a X-wing and a E-wing, the game is named X-wing so giving it one more release is possible in my mind. Maybe we will see Wedge put in an E-wing and Corran put in an X-wing. Though if we do get an X-wing I really hope that we get Ace Azzameen so that we have the protagonist pilot from all of the X-wing series of games. Of course I would like to see Thane Kyrell added to the game too, but that's just because I really enjoyed Lost Stars and doubt we will get another Tie Interceptor expansion that could include Ciena Ree. 

I can see an argument for Poe's black and orange X-Wing being in a Rebel Aces pack ... solely for the repaint. I can't see a need for it to be in there to improve the game/ship though.

Even releasing it solely for the repaint wouldn't make much sense: Poe is in the game already and there is a standard T-70 on his card (which he flew almost twice in the movie).

And the most important reason: I don't like this paintjob.

Apart from the X-Wing, which is good with IA imho,

Scums have at least 2 underperforming ships, so yes, I think we will see a Scum themed fix pack next.

Khiraxzs and Scyk for sure.