Sign in to follow this  
Bayard91

Nexus of Power ETA

Do the Gungans have subspecies and do they have the primitive ability?Also what do the Aleena and Devaronians get?Also what are the relic items?

Why would the Gungans get Primitive? From the evidence in the movie, they are pretty technologically advanced, with underwater force field bubbles, giant energy shields, what seems to be Ion based bombs and grenades and personal energy based shields.

I will paraphrase a quote SWTPM for you so you see my point "Are armies are poised to begin searching the swamps for the primitives...". Also primitive in Star Wars refers to not having space travel or blaster technology, are the Gungans more advanced than Ewoks yes, are they more advanced than Wookiees or Humans no.

When Wookies create plasma shields and underwater cities that keep the water away with powerful Force fields then I'll consider them the equal of Gungans. Wookies could only hope to be as "primitive" as Gungans. 

I will paraphrase a quote SWTPM for you so you see my point "Are armies are poised to begin searching the swamps for the primitives...". Also primitive in Star Wars refers to not having space travel or blaster technology, are the Gungans more advanced than Ewoks yes, are they more advanced than Wookiees or Humans no.

Right, we should put stock in the word of an elitist jerk like the guy from the Trade Federation.

Look at all the other stuff they had - those energy ball things, subs, tasers on really long sticks, and shield generators. Hell, building an underwater city alone is a pretty goddamned significant feat of engineering. That's before you add in all the support systems like lights, life support and those mater permeable barriers that let people in but kept water out.

So yeah, primitive? Hardly.

Edited by Desslok

Do the Gungans have subspecies and do they have the primitive ability?Also what do the Aleena and Devaronians get?Also what are the relic items?

Why would the Gungans get Primitive? From the evidence in the movie, they are pretty technologically advanced, with underwater force field bubbles, giant energy shields, what seems to be Ion based bombs and grenades and personal energy based shields.

And I will paraphrase the now equal to movie canon Clone Wars TV series back at you.  "What aquatic race is there nearby with a standing army that can help us save the Mon Calamari?"   And in come the Gungans, with a shockingly high tech underwater army.  It was pretty cool.

Edited by Dulahan

It was pretty cool! But I couldn't help watching that scene and thinking, "Wow, hopefully they gave all those gungans vaccinations, because they're being introduced to an entirely new and very complex ecosystem, there's GOT to be some nasty diseases in that water they're not adapted to..."

I think about things like this. So sue me!

It was pretty cool! But I couldn't help watching that scene and thinking, "Wow, hopefully they gave all those gungans vaccinations, because they're being introduced to an entirely new and very complex ecosystem, there's GOT to be some nasty diseases in that water they're not adapted to..."

I think about things like this. So sue me!

Well, given how frequently you see individuals traveling from one world to another, it's likely that SW medicine has advanced to such a point that vaccinations are a trivial matter, possibly even akin to taking a multi-vitamin, and thus not worth showing on the screen.  After all, we see Luke and Rey having lived their entire lives on a desert planet to traveling to other worlds with different atmospheric conditions and be none the worse for wear.  Heck, Rey went from a blistering hot desert world to a forested planet to an ice planet, and never got so much as a sniffle.

I think it's fair to assume that this early in the existence of the universe, certain things would be quite different than our time (and space). Considering sound in space, it is fairly safe to assume that space is not an empty void (yet), but actually still filled with some left over medium from the big bang that can produce sound waves. Following on this, it's not too far fetched to assume (in such a space operaficated world) that basic illnesses have either not evolved yet (despite or maybe because of the multitude and variety of life in that galaxy) or the immune systems of the inhabitants of the Star Wars galaxy are so strong that most illnesses have negligible effects (or they live in some sort of symbiotic relationship ... midichlorians anyone?). Or, as Dono points out: vaccinations against all but the most extreme and lethal diseases are common and cheap. Either spread through processed foodstuffs, drinks or other ways.

The sound thing is actually explained. Apparently most ships in the Star Wars galaxy are equipped with an audio feedback system of sorts, which extrapolates sound from what the sensors pick up happening around them and broadcasts the result into the cockpit or gunner seat so the pilot/gunner can have real-time feedback on what's happening nearby. So, the sound is space we hear is, if this explanation is to be believed, meant to be from the perspective of a pilot using such a system.

So some things I have noticed... You can be in space without a vac suit. You can't breath. But you can with a simple helmet or breath mask...They don't seem to have airlocks really. Just doors. Whatever space is it does not seem to be vacuum in star wars.  

This is all explained in the very first line of all the films ... or the intro text: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. The big bang was basically not so long ago (so space was still at somewhat of a premium :blink: ), therefore the universe was filled with a lot more gasses everywhere. :ph34r: Less void and vacuum. You know it makes sense ;):P Perhaps the galaxy has it's own kind of magnetosphere that keeps gasses within it (or is it the forceosphere? :o)

Edited by Jegergryte