Sign in to follow this  
Bayard91

Nexus of Power ETA

Someone rang ;) ?

There are a couple of things to look at for determining when it's gonna hit stores: the average time it takes for Region books to go from announcement to release, the average time for Force and Destiny books for the same, and how long between the status changing to "Shipping Now" and the release.

The first two are easy, although they suffer from a relatively small data pool: for Region books specifically, we have an average of 177.33 days (139.5 if we ignore Strongholds of Resistance, which is the biggest outlier of the entire game system). Since Nexus was announced on 11/02/2015, those numbers put us between 03/21 and 04/27 for release.

Looking at Force and Destiny books, the average for the entire line so far is 180.67 days, or 185.5 without the CRB. That gives us dates between 05/01 and 05/06.

But of course, those are only averages; books can (and, as shown by Strongholds of Resistance on the high end and Lead by Example on the low end, do) break those limits. So another important detail to look at is what is the soonest it could possibly be? The shortest time-frame for a book was 92 days, for Beyond the Rim. That Time-frame is off the table, as that would have put NoP out on 02/02, so let's look at something else: if NoP were to change to Shipping Now today, when's the soonest it could get here? A couple of things go into that (now, I have to admit I don't have as accurate of days for this bit): for the past year, every book has been released on a Thursday, and no book had been released the week it's status changes. Two of the past five have been released the week after, the other three two weeks after. So if the book changes status this week, we would either see it released on 03/03 or 03/10. If it changes next week, we would see it either 03/10 or 03/17.

Right now, I'm betting on 03/17 for the announcement of its release, at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling we're not going to see the status change this week, and as its a bigger book, it'll probably take longer to ship.

Edited by Absol197

To add to this. It typically takes about 8 weeks on the boat. Sometimes 5 weeks sometime s 10 weeks.  But this is subject to factors FFG has no control over. Like last springs dock workers strike put a HUGE delay in the on the boat time. As books went on the boat then spent weeks waiting to get into port... as in they steamed all the way across the pacific then got in line waiting to be unloaded then go through customs then be shipped to FFGs warehouse. I think in the end the on the boat time for 4 or 5 books was like 20 weeks then they all kind of came out right on top of each other and made our wallets cry. Nexus of power went on the boat 1/18. so we are a little over 4 weeks into that time. so likely another 4 weeks give or take for boat time. Shipping time is about a week. so likely 5 or 6 weeks for nexus of power give or take...

Boat time I believe includes loading on to the boat, sailing, offloading, customs. I am not sure if shipping includes time from customs to FFG or if that is part of on the boat. 

Amazon is a poor standard for release dates.

I've seen facebook/twitter posts that the writers have already received notifications that their contribution copies have been shipped. So the general public cannot be too far behind.

Edited by kaosoe

Ah well, so much for my hopes and dreams of Nexus and Special Mods shipping in the same crate. . . . .

since they went on the boat a week apart not likely...does however mean next week or so should see that book go from boat to shipping.

Nexus of Power about to drop in the states and the UK stores haven't even gotten Lead by Example yet...get it together FFG.

That is likely not FFGs fault. It takes another boat ride to get books to the UK. 

See, the last few books have gotten here at around the same time, and to be fair, if they are going to start having release dates, then they better start sticking to those release dates, particularly since asmodee, the European based company are the ones pushing for them to stick to release dates.

Nexus of Power about to drop in the states and the UK stores haven't even gotten Lead by Example yet...get it together FFG.

That is likely not FFGs fault. It takes another boat ride to get books to the UK. 

See, the last few books have gotten here at around the same time, and to be fair, if they are going to start having release dates, then they better start sticking to those release dates, particularly since asmodee, the European based company are the ones pushing for them to stick to release dates.

This sounds more like a distributor  issue .... in that the distributor isn't getting the books to the UK on time. Having a release date and global distributor  having the books are two separate matters.