Sign in to follow this  
patox

Who wants to believe?

I don't understand what the theory is even...

The theory appears to be that if Kylo Ren can use the force to stop a blaster bolt in mid-air then maybe he used the force to adjust his lightsabre blade to bypass Han when he was stabbed, appearing as if Han was killed but actually wasn't. Except that there was nobody watching the confrontation that would need to be fooled into thinking Ren had killed Han, also why would Han react like he was impaled when he wasn't and lastly, there was also a massive drop that would have finished the job even if the lightsabre hadn't! So sorry to be cynical but I'm pretty sure he is dead.

From a story point of view I would find it much more dramatic and satisfying if Han had deliberately let himself be sacrificed as a final effort to make Ren regret his actions and turn back towards the Light Side, eventually...

Yeah, besides the fact that he fell hundreds of feet, then probably was unable to move after the fall (if he even survived). And, while he was (probably) paralyzed, the whole planet exploded around him, with Han unable to move a muscle. And then Han was probably caught in the explosion.

But he definitely didn't die. :P

Edited by bcons

It'd be more plausible if Kylo would use the force to catch him on the way down, slow the fall all the way to a garbage disposal where Phasma was waiting.

The saber wound cauterizing itself and the human body capable of surviving huge amounts of trauma...

Han is my favorite character in all of SW, and I was sad that he died. But if somehow, he didn't actually die after being stabbed, falling hundreds or thousands of feet, and then the whole planet blowing up around him, I'll be very angry with Disney. Come on fellow fanboys, Han Solo is dead! RIP Han Solo 1977-2015.

Kylo Ren was overcoming the temptation of the Light Side to do the right thing, so I don't really think that fits in with what was going on there at all. Han just didn't understand what Kylo Ren was babbling about before he got Old Ben'd, hence his lack of caution when trying to take the lightsaber.

Even though Han is definitely dead, the saddest part is that the next generation of children that watch this movie will just think "Well, he was just an old man, whatever"

Although, we kinda said the same for Obi-wan...

Han is my favorite character in all of SW, and I was sad that he died. But if somehow, he didn't actually die after being stabbed, falling hundreds or thousands of feet, and then the whole planet blowing up around him, I'll be very angry with Disney. Come on fellow fanboys, Han Solo is dead! RIP Han Solo 1977-2015.

I PRAY YOU ARE RIGHT.

Han needs to go to further the storyline.

It would be too cheesy to have him survive. My biggest issue with Clone Wars was the return of Darth Maul. I felt it was a lame attempt at trying to bring fans of the Sith to the show. He should have stayed dead also.

The whole theory is funny. Just like Boba escaping the sarlac pit.

I actually do not mind the Boba/Sarlacc Pit theory. The Mandolorian was in armor, with fully functional weapons and an oxygen supply.

Still a better theory than Maul.

I PRAY YOU ARE RIGHT.

It would be too cheesy to have him survive. My biggest issue with Clone Wars was the return of Darth Maul. I felt it was a lame attempt at trying to bring fans of the Sith to the show. He should have stayed dead also.

Maul for me was more of an instance of fixing what TPM missed out on. Maul is an awesome character design, but he doesn't get to be a character. I am fine with that instance of fanboyism, because it helped to actually make a character. Han on the other hand already is amazing and fleshed out, returning him from the dead would add nothing and rather detract from the whole picture.

I PRAY YOU ARE RIGHT.

Maul for me was more of an instance of fixing what TPM missed out on. Maul is an awesome character design, but he doesn't get to be a character. I am fine with that instance of fanboyism, because it helped to actually make a character. Han on the other hand already is amazing and fleshed out, returning him from the dead would add nothing and rather detract from the whole picture.
while I disagree about bringing Maul back, I will agree that G.L. completely messed up by killing him off so soon.

I had read a theory that Han, himself, activated the lightsaber that killed him. We see a tug of war between Ben and Han, and then a change of perspective and The blade emerging out of Han's back.

What if Han sacrificed himself, by igniting the blade, so that his son couldn't do the thing that would propel him down the dark path. There is a certain aspect that appeals to me. Kylo will tell Snoke that he did it, but it will eat him up inside and cause a conflict within, as he didn't have the strength to do it, but his father did.