Sign in to follow this  
exinfris

How to check loaded dice

Yes, there is enough evidence. If you spend time reading the reasons why in all the many previous posts they are just about impossible to make. the dice are just too small and uncommonly shaped with a difficult pattern and color to get loaded. I have actual experience with this and know there are not real looking X-wing loaded dice out there to the tune of a million to one. It is just too darn difficult and time consuming. People need to stop propagating myth.

Trust the system. Trust the dice. Trust in your fellow X-wing players. Anyone with the skills and time to load those small little dice are doing other things with those hundreds of hours. The small d8 just can't be loaded. You would have to use tungsten and be able to machine plus have the blending resin skills to cover it up. You would still have lines where the old plastic mets the time consipuming task of matching the resin color. The color of resin with dye in it changes as it dries so it would take a 75--500 attempts getting just the darn dried color right. There are always people out there that I'll believe in the wildest conspiracies. They tend to see conspiracies everywhere to support the mentality of being a conspiracy theorists. I witnessed the decline of once conspiracy theorists and it starts small and snowballs.

Now I am seriously done...there are just too many people out there who will believe in anything even to the point of ruining the integrity of this game. I don't even play in the tournaments but to see some of you add this layer onto the human element of this game is disturbing and .....sad, frankly just sad.

I am starting to think you were the sore loser who made the claim and left after making the claim of loaded dice and are here to validate your terrible behave with poor halfwit comments. You're not setting any record straight...so let's get that straight.

The guy didn't count jack in his head. It was made up in all probability. No one is going into a match thinking ok there might be loaded dice so let me start remembering the die rolls. If the guy was super lucky, it would reason that he would not even think something was up until half way through. If he had suspected earlier, it just adds to the probability the guy was a sore loser. Again, why would someone enter a game thinking this is the one guy in millions with the loaded dice unless the guy suffers from paranoia. And since you are defending a guy for making baseless accusations, you might either be just getting kicks stirring the pot or were the ill mannered person who stormed off after having a temper tantrum or the person suffering from paranoia. There are no loaded X-wing dice ....period--for all the many reasons outlines that make the idea of their existence akin to a Bruce Wayne X-wing player putting his "shop on it."

The record is now straight and with nothing left for you to talk about oddballE8. Just answer this question to yourself--no need to reply. OddballE8 do you believe in ghosts and aliens as well? They are about as probable as load specialized X-wing dice.

unfortunately, there are now going to be people at tournaments wondering deep down if peoples's dice are loaded when people get hit streaks and blame their loss on dice vs luck and skill. All this talk of yours does disservice to the community of X-wing is all by planting illegitimate/conspiracy stuff into impressionable young minds.

I am certainly removing myself from this crazy, ridiculous post. Man where are the Myth Busters when you need them?

You sure do seem to take this personally. You have a very aggressive tone when writing your posts here.

And you also seem to jump to conclusions very easily.

I'll put some "facts" straight first (and I say "facts" because this is not first-hand information, this is just what was told by the OP either in posts in this thread or in his PM's to me).

1: "The guy didn't count jack in his head." This is very true. As the OP mentions on page 2 of this thread "He sat and watched this guy play several games over a month time frame, and recorded his rolls (he did it under the guise of writing a blog on tactics, which he did)"

So he wasn't counting the rolls in his head. He was recording them (presumaby by writing them down).

2: "No one is going into a match thinking ok there might be loaded dice so let me start remembering the die rolls." This is also very true. Because this was someone that seems to (have) regularly play with their group, since the OP refers to him as "We have a player in our group that rolls hits/crits and evades 90-95% of the time.

"

So it doesn't seem like it's a case of someone just showing up and immediately doubting the opponents dice. This certainly seems like it's something that's been building up over time.

3: "There are no loaded X-wing dice ....period" Says who? You? Why should I take your word for it? What proof do you have that there are no loaded x-wing dice in existance? I mean, there's plenty of loaded dice of all shapes and colours in other games (as has been proven in plenty of other games' major tournaments), so what makes the x-wing dice impervious to tampering?

4: "The record is now straight and with nothing left for you to talk about oddballE8. Just answer this question to yourself--no need to reply. OddballE8 do you believe in ghosts and aliens as well? They are about as probable as load specialized X-wing dice."

The record is straight? Because you blabbered a bit about your thoughts on the matter? Wow, you certainly hold yourself in high asteem. As for comparing the existance of loaded dice to aliens and ghosts, that's just laughable. You do know that there ARE loaded dice in the world, right? And not just six sided ones.

5: "unfortunately, there are now going to be people at tournaments wondering deep down if peoples's dice are loaded when people get hit streaks and blame their loss on dice vs luck and skill. All this talk of yours does disservice to the community of X-wing is all by planting illegitimate/conspiracy stuff into impressionable young minds."

Oh, really? I'm singlehandedly responsible for people doubting opponents dice? That's fresh... especially since this has happened way before this thread was even started. But sure, you go ahead and blame me for that.

All it does is make it sound like you play with loaded dice.

You sure seem to be on the warpath against anyone even contemplating the possibility of it existing.

PS. As for me being the person who made the claim (and by that I assume you're implying that the OP and me are one and the same), this thread was started on Feb 19th 2016. My account was created on July 25th 2015. That's some incredible forsight to create an alternative account half a year in advance just to make this claim  :rolleyes: 

Makes me wonder which one of us it really is that believes in aliens and ghosts  :P 

Oh and PPS: great work on removing yourself from the thread... *sigh*

Trust the system. Trust the dice. Trust in your fellow X-wing players. Anyone with the skills and time to load those small little dice are doing other things with those hundreds of hours. The small d8 just can't be loaded. You would have to use tungsten and be able to machine plus have the blending resin skills to cover it up. You would still have lines where the old plastic mets the time consipuming task of matching the resin color. The color of resin with dye in it changes as it dries so it would take a 75--500 attempts getting just the darn dried color right. There are always people out there that I'll believe in the wildest conspiracies. They tend to see conspiracies everywhere to support the mentality of being a conspiracy theorists. I witnessed the decline of once conspiracy theorists and it starts small and snowballs.

You do realize that you only have to weigh down the point of the dice, since in the x-wing dice that would influence the dice to roll one set of results more often than another.

So if you weight the correct "point" of the hit dice, you'd get a chance of getting either hit, focus, crit or empty. Suddenly you have a 1 in 4 chance to get a crit rather than a 1 in 8.

Same with the evade dice, if you weight the correct "point" of the dice, you have 2 evades, one focus and one blank instead of 3 evades, three blanks and two focus, greatly increasing your chance of getting an evade or a focus.

Loading an 8 sided dice doesn't ensure that it lands on the same result all the time, just that it favours 4 of the sides instead of all 8.

(oh and you wouldn't drill a hole in the red/green part of the die, you'd drill in one of the symbols. White is really easy to paint to the same hue)

Edited by OddballE8

After the turn of wave three armada I don't give a crap about FF anymore. They wasted 1k of my money right down the toilet by killing that game. Some X-wing. After the finally 5 ships arrive I am done with that to. All my friends are blow away by what they did to Armada we are all done with netrunner everything. Two of us who ordered rebellion cancelled. We won't be playing that.

As to your argument, ah you win...I don't care anymore.

After the turn of wave three armada I don't give a crap about FF anymore. They wasted 1k of my money right down the toilet by killing that game. Some X-wing. After the finally 5 ships arrive I am done with that to. All my friends are blow away by what they did to Armada we are all done with netrunner everything. Two of us who ordered rebellion cancelled. We won't be playing that.

Whoa!  You REALLY didn't like wave 3! 

What are you going to play then?

How did they kill Armada with Wave3?

To me it looks like they released a new interesting mechanic for it.

How did they kill Armada with Wave3?

To me it looks like they released a new interesting mechanic for it.

I don't play Armada, but obviously it was something that didn't mesh well with the way he played, and instead of adapting he just sulked and threw a hissy fit.

He was expecting the super star destroyer I am guessing, it was what people were speculating and hoping for.  Personally I think Wave 3 armada is going to change the game in ways people haven't thought.  Also there is a chance that their maybe two more ships announced, but there's always those who have a knee jerk reaction.

I wasn't expecting the super star destroyer just **** captial ships year. Instead two dinky add on . I think the SSD is a terrible Idea. i wasn't asking for the moon, just didn't want to be crapped on. The release makes it look like Armada is done anyways. Please do post crap that puts world's in people's mouths. A single capital ship was a reasonable request for an entire year. And there a tons of people unhappy about it.

@grand mod opinions are trolls. Just because it was a length rant doesn't make it trolling especially when clos to a majority was meh about the entire thing. Sling your insults elsewhere.

He was expecting the super star destroyer I am guessing, it was what people were speculating and hoping for.  Personally I think Wave 3 armada is going to change the game in ways people haven't thought.  Also there is a chance that their maybe two more ships announced, but there's always those who have a knee jerk reaction.

I wasn't expecting the super star destroyer just **** captial ships year. Instead two dinky add on . I think the SSD is a terrible Idea. i wasn't asking for the moon, just didn't want to be crapped on. The release makes it look like Armada is done anyways. Please do post crap that puts world's in people's mouths. A single capital ship was a reasonable request for an entire year. And there a tons of people unhappy about it.

@grand mod opinions are trolls. Just because it was a length rant doesn't make it trolling especially when clos to a majority was meh about the entire thing. Sling your insults elsewhere.

So from reading your ridiculous pages of text and listening to your arguments no one is putting words in your mouth.  You have spoken your own words on the subject and your displeasure.  Why spill this anger into X Wing, you want to vent why you hate a company because of one release then you need to find something that will make you happy.  Wave 2 came out at the end of 2015 so you haven't been waiting a year for ships.  You haven't even had a year of using the Wave 2 ships.  Wave 3 is it a complete wave, I don't know, you don't know, and the only people who can answer that question have NDA's that don't allow them to answer it.

You can either decide that you want to be part of this game or you can moan about the fact that something didn't go your way.  You can boycott the company, come over to Roseville Minnesota and get a sign that you can write the words of your displeasure on and march back and forth (in the boulevard).  You can continue these long threads and hijack threads.  If I hate something as much as you are proclaiming, then I move on.

I didn't someone brought up why I must be salty about an X-wing issue an attributed it to Armada. I mere said what I was frustrated about to set the record straight. I have no intention of mention the A word again on here.

Does that suit you good sir?

One of the guys I often play against has incredible dice luck. On important rolls, he hardly ever doesn't get what he needs, or at least is very close. It's uncanny how well he rolls, really. He is also such a nice, kind and fair player that I couldn't possibly imagine him cheating. Some people really do just roll very well....

One of the guys I often play against has incredible dice luck. On important rolls, he hardly ever doesn't get what he needs, or at least is very close. It's uncanny how well he rolls, really. He is also such a nice, kind and fair player that I couldn't possibly imagine him cheating. Some people really do just roll very well....

The problem here was that everyone else rolled really (incredibly) well with his dice as well.

And when they did switch his dice, he rolled average instead.

Edited by OddballE8