Sign in to follow this  
masterchief7390

how to create a Superman?

I believe someone mentioned Mutants & Masterminds. That actually has stats for Superman in the DC Adventures books. It could also quite easily be used to make a Force user or a highly skilled "normal" person(Batman).

If you're bound and determined to use the F&D rules what your probably looking for is more XPs. As I recall someone did a Starkiller write up as FR4 or 5? Give a search. Good luck.

As for magic, I don't think its magic so much as psionics/mentalism. But hey, that's just my interpretation.

Edited by Vexous

Superman, assuming playing completely by raw, would largely be unable to outright ignore a lightsaber, but his soak might be enough to block some of the damage after accounting for breach. That being said, superman himself is a fairly extreme factor, considering he can gain power by going inside a sun, pull planets and crazy stuff.

I assume a degree of compensation from both universes are required to bring them firmly into line.

I assume a degree of compensation from both universes are required to bring them firmly into line.

Yes, I thought that was assumed by my question  ;)

But I didn't mean to start a separate "how would the rules work" conversation. I'm saying, DC Comics Superman shows up in a Star Wars film, on a planet that has a yellow sun, and Luke Skywalker stabs him with a lightsaber. Ditch the game mechanics. What happens? 

Same thing happens as when Qui Gon tried to get through that bulkhead door. The lightsaber did pierce the door with effort. So, if Supes just stands there and takes it, he gets pierced, if you swing the blade at him like normal, only a minimal effect. Unless of course you happen to be super powered yourself, but thats a whole different ballgame.

For a "superman" like character I would give him a scale shift to planetary so his Soak would be x10, and so would his wounds. As far as lifting objects I'd use the example of Move, so that if his Brawn were say a 6 he could lift move or otherwise manipulate objects up to Silhouette 6 also. I'd say all of his relevant powers could simply be handled with a scaleshift from personal scale to planetary scale. imagine a punch doing 70 points of damage to a normal character! ouch!