Sign in to follow this  
Sciencius

TLT-Regen-Bomb-fun

Hello fellow star wars ace pilots!!!

I need you help, store Championship is comming up soon, so I am playing around with the following rebel list:

Miranda Doni + TLT + C-3PO      38pt

Gold + TLT + Bomb loadout + Extra Munitions + Proton Bombs + R5-P9   34pt

Gold + TLT + R2-D2   28pt

Idea behind the list: 

TLTs to deal damage (4 would be ideal but that list is boring) so 3. The lack of fire-power is compensated by allowing ALL 3 ships ways to regenerate. Miranda pr her ability and the two Y's through the rebel stable regen-droids. One of the y-wings carry two proton bombs to deal damage to swarms or the ace attempting to pursue and get inside the donout-hole. 

I have been switching the bombs back and forth between the Y and the K's, but really do not want Miranda to become too hot a target. Also contemplating converting the last (non-bomb) Y into a Stress-hog.

Thoughts/Improvements?   

Edited by Sciencius

Noone? Then I guess this is the best list you have every seen, so none of you will comment but simply steal it for yourself, and I will be flying mirror-matches througout the entire day ;-D ;-D?

disclaimer: sarcasm may appear..

Edited by Sciencius

Intresting list, but don't know how good it's vs huge ships. For example vs 3 Jumpmasters that will probably become Meta.

TLT does to little damage for that. Bombs are nice of course. But do you get good use of bombs with Y-Wing dial?

Regenerating Y-wings is nice idea. To be honest, did not see that :)

Usually it takes a bit longer than 20 minutes for answers to start appearing :P

My big problem is that, for 34 points, you can instead get Poe with R5-P9. While he isn't fully loaded, even just that loadout allows you some solid, reliable, regeneration that doesn't have a ship holding onto a focus for no benefit.

You could then still convert the last Y into a stresshog (actually netying you two more points for VI or auto thrusters on Poe), I think that you'd have a very solid list, as the K can still attack in its donut hole, Poe and Miranda will split targeting priority, and the stresshog will make their life miserable.

Intresting list, but don't know how good it's vs huge ships. For example vs 3 Jumpmasters that will probably become Meta.

TLT does to little damage for that. Bombs are nice of course. But do you get good use of bombs with Y-Wing dial?

Regenerating Y-wings is nice idea. To be honest, did not see that :)

Thanks for the nice comment.

I am actually no too worried about hugeships. 0/1 agility ships like Decimator, Falcon, YV-slaver will melt under focused TLT-fire. But sure the 2 agitily huge ships will only recieve 3 hits per turn and melt sloower, but they will melt eventually. If I manage to keep regenerating, and avoid focused HLC+crackshoot brobot fire and keep them alive, it will be a war of attrition, but with carefull astroid placement I think it can be done.

Yes, the Y-wing dial is bad, and I really do not forsee them delevering much damage output but are more there as a psykological threat, keeping aces from getting too close. With the exception of swams, you can always hit swarms with bombs ;-D 

Edited by Sciencius

My big problem is that, for 34 points, you can instead get Poe with R5-P9. While he isn't fully loaded, even just that loadout allows you some solid, reliable, regeneration that doesn't have a ship holding onto a focus for no benefit.

You could then still convert the last Y into a stresshog (actually netying you two more points for VI or auto thrusters on Poe), I think that you'd have a very solid list, as the K can still attack in its donut hole, Poe and Miranda will split targeting priority, and the stresshog will make their life miserable.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Poe is certainly a beast, in the proper capable hands, and my hands are not those hands ;-D ;-D I have never been able to fly either the T-65 or the T-70, I need that 1 hard turn to be efficient. As a side note I slaughtered VI+autothrusters+Poe+R5-P9 with VI+Flechette+Talonbane in a recent matchup.

I am not to worried about holding on to a focus, the TLT really do not need it to deal some damage. Due to the limited greens on the Y R5-P9 is more reliable for regeneration.

But interesting that you prefer the last Y as a stress-hog. That will make target decisioning difficult, which is key.

Why i keep getting seeing, if people as for opinion about a different list, what they get in the end, is Meta list1,2,3. :D For example. really nice idea Y-Wing regen, maybe it will not work. But the lost you suggested, Miranda, Poe and Y-Stress is good yes, but it's Meta list, that is used a lot :) I start seeing the need of more list expermenting. And if people report back how did the list do, maybe we find new builds and not stuck with same ones :D

Thanks for the suggestion.

Poe is certainly a beast, in the proper capable hands, and my hands are not those hands ;-D ;-D I have never been able to fly either the T-65 or the T-70, I need that 1 hard turn to be efficient. As a side note I slaughtered VI+autothrusters+Poe+R5-P9 with VI+Flechette+Talonbane in a recent matchup.

I am not to worried about holding on to a focus, the TLT really do not need it to deal some damage. Due to the limited greens on the Y R5-P9 is more reliable for regeneration.

But interesting that you prefer the last Y as a stress-hog. That will make target decisioning difficult, which is key.

How did you put a Flechette torp on Talonbane?

A regenerating Y-Wing is an interesting idea, but with only two green maneuvers (1 straight and 2 straight) I don't know that it would be very effective with R2-D2. On top of that, regeneration is typically best when you can take damage is spurts, regenerate, and then come back. A Y-Wing is going to have trouble first of all avoiding taking a large amount of damage, and secondly getting out of arcs to regenerate effectively. 

Regen on a Y is like entering a dogfight with a sign that reads "Go away nasty man!", in that it's about as effective. A single defence dice between you and hot laser death isn't much. Regenerating one shield per turn on a ship behind that single dice might (and I emphasise might) buy you a single turn of life, but that's about it. To sink 7 points into that is tough to justify. You're better putting those points to aggressive use and drag as much value out of your Y's as possible. R3-A2 is an obvious choice, because it's bloody powerful. R7-T1 is an underrated pick on a Y, giving it a free boost that could get it out of arc of an attacker, while still giving it a target lock for it's TLT. Alternatively, you could ditch it all and take a Bandit as a blocker.

Basically, what I'm saying is there's far more value and power in getting extra damage potential out of the Y, than trying to give it a shield here or there. The best defence, in this case, really is a good offence.

Consider this:

Miranda w/ TLT and C3PO (38)

Gold w/ TLT, R7-T1, Proximity Mines, Extra Munitions (32)

Gold w/ TLT, R3-A2, Seismic Charges, Extra Munitions (30) (BTL-A4 optional)

It's the same basic principle, but considerably more threatening. Miranda is a late game monster, where the other two are putting in the donkey work from the start. Sticking BTL-A4 on the Y to go full stress hog leaves it's ass exposed, but that's covered by seismics and your buddy Y-wing. Not taking it lets it cover it's own ass, and still have the option of throwing a stress forward at a PTL'd Soontir, or a T-roll'd Poe - either way, the seismics are still handy, or can be swapped for equally useful Ion Bombs. Proximity mines give the other Y some more area control, closing doors in asteroid fields as it goes, and some beautiful repositioning from the boost/TL combo.