Sign in to follow this  
Hoffburger

Rihkxyrk - Will it be made for Scum?

I haven't seen that R-Thing until recently and I really like the look of it - looks a bit like it is a heavier K-Thing. Maybe make it a 4 attack X-Wing-ish ship? What did it do in the lore?

in the lore Kihraxz was a LIGHT assault fighter

and this beast was HEAVY >_>

They even had a middle brother, Vaksai, seen to the sides of the Ryhk

Ixiyen

I haven't seen that R-Thing until recently and I really like the look of it - looks a bit like it is a heavier K-Thing. Maybe make it a 4 attack X-Wing-ish ship? What did it do in the lore?

in the lore Kihraxz was a LIGHT assault fighter

and this beast was HEAVY >_>

They even had a middle brother, Vaksai, seen to the sides of the Ryhk

Don't forget the Ixiyen. The Rihkxyrk's actual little brother with the same side rails at the front.

I used the Rihkxyrk extensively in SWG. Here's what I remember:

• It was fast (in a straight line). Its 0.97 in-game speed modifier was among the best -- especially for anything that heavy -- and it had the capacity to take powerful engines.
  • It's turning capability was... well, did I mention it was fast in a straight line?
  • It could equip good firepower and strong defenses. I often used mine for mining asteroids because it could equip a tractor beam and a mining laser in addition to a standard gun.
  • It had a small frontal cross-section. (It was a little longer and a little thinner than a Y-wing.) Combined with its other characteristics, this made it a great jouster.

Maybe something like this...

IEr2mEQ.png

Even though I was a dumb jerk who didn't do much neutral flying in Galaxies, I'd be up for it.  (You couldn't sell me on anything unless it could have an astromech plugged into it.)  Unfortunately, unless they radically redesign the mini to fit into a small package, it's very likely to be in the Punisher/K-wing class of ship.  (Forgive me, but I think all three of these ships are... not very nice to look at, so that kind of makes sense too.)  Fantasy Flight has done a good job improving on poor designs and making pretty decent-looking models, though, so I'm confident they'll make something nice if and when they do.

EDIT:  Either way, I'd rather see the Krayt first.  Those things rocked.  HARD.

EDIT II: EVEN EDIT-IER, AGAIN:  Crap, I meant the Kimagola, but they were both pretty cool. Neutral ships still confuse me to this day with their weird naming conventions and it always makes me giggle just a little.

Edited by Superunknown

Before it gets out of hand. Pronunciation: Rick-zurk.

People see X's and lose their mind because English is very poor at describing what it's letters actually do. In most cases, just like khiraxz and syck, it's really simple. (Keer-axe and seek)

Edited by nikk whyte

Before it gets out of hand. Pronunciation: Rick-zurk.

People see X's and lose their mind because English is very poor at describing what it's letters actually do. In most cases, just like khiraxz and syck, it's really simple. (Keer-axe and seek)

Seek?  That's wierd. Shouldn't it be Psych?

and the Kee-axe has been renamed to the khrisa;dacnubafagubxxws via the forums therefore the name is khrisa;dacnubafagubxxws. We plebes with no understanding of the english language have gotten bae officially entered as a part of the language. Tell us not proper pronunciation nor proper usage of words for our voices are legion and as intelligent as Minions.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/bae

The Vaskai would just be a Kiraxz with boost because that's basically what it was in the game. The Rihkxyrk would probably be something like a punisher for defensive stats, boost, and a dial but with faster maneuvers. For firepower it would probably be a 3 or expensive as 4 based on the firepower in the game. Personally I'd love to see them both in X-Wing at some point.

I used the Rihkxyrk extensively in SWG. Here's what I remember:

• It was fast (in a straight line). Its 0.97 in-game speed modifier was among the best -- especially for anything that heavy -- and it had the capacity to take powerful engines.
  • It's turning capability was... well, did I mention it was fast in a straight line?
  • It could equip good firepower and strong defenses. I often used mine for mining asteroids because it could equip a tractor beam and a mining laser in addition to a standard gun.
  • It had a small frontal cross-section. (It was a little longer and a little thinner than a Y-wing.) Combined with its other characteristics, this made it a great jouster.

Maybe something like this...

IEr2mEQ.png

making a dial that's DERPier than HWK and Defender is something xD