mattflow

My Descent Collection - Painted, Foamcore, the works

You're painting very well :)

The shadow dragon deserve some more details, like highlights and stuff, but don't take my comment as an unaproval. It's just cause all the others looking so good ;)

Fantastic job on all of those minis. The color selection is great and everything looks bright, clean, and vibrant. The Heroes are probably my favorite, but the Ettins, Shadow Dragons, Arachyura, and Valandra really steal the show.

Fantastic job on all of those minis. The color selection is great and everything looks bright, clean, and vibrant. The Heroes are probably my favorite, but the Ettins, Shadow Dragons, Arachyura, and Valandra really steal the show.

Thanks Guys,

My attitude is the Heroes are Heroes, naturally they get more attention and detail because my players connect with them.

Monsters are well, monsters. In a few cases they're painted by my sons or just painted to be game ready.

Large monsters however give you some real room to get detail in and I have to make them look good. (that's the reason I'm hanging back on purchasing Visions of Dawn, I really want to do that set well)

Also trying to paint Kobolds at the moment but there are just

SO

DANG

MANY 

OF 

THEM!!!!!!

P.S FFG, I'd really love a playable hero that could be a 1x2 or even 2x2.  After all you've just released the Bantha in IA. (Yes i understand the implications in Descent, but it's still a wish!)

Edited by mattflow

You're painting very well :)

The shadow dragon deserve some more details, like highlights and stuff, but don't take my comment as an unaproval. It's just cause all the others looking so good ;)

Thanks leewroy, I'll have to redo the photo, that one doesn't do them justice. They're a very reptilian smokey white and grey and always, always make people notice when they're on the table.

Top notch stuff!! Really like to quality of your work.  Wish I could play a game with the pieces. 

Thanks BenOverlord, I'm in the land downunder but always up for a sitting or two.

Painting them and putting the effort in just makes me want to play them more. I love having new and existing players ooh and ahh when they sit down to play, or cringe when they see a dreaded foe hit the table. It makes it all worthwhile.

Just a minor question. I'm not remembering the card on the middle tray (left) of the picture on post 19, I mean the red one, with a skull and +2 heart. What is it again? :unsure:

By the way, loved the colours on the fire imps :)

Just a minor question. I'm not remembering the card on the middle tray (left) of the picture on post 19, I mean the red one, with a skull and +2 heart. What is it again? :unsure:

Tainted cards from the Mists of Bilehall expansion.

Tainted cards from the Mists of Bilehall expansion.

Ah, that's the reason I don't know. Thanks!

Thanks leewroy, was my first time and I had to learn how to 'paint' fire. 

For anyone that hasn't seen it before this has to be the best online guide on it -> HERE!