Sign in to follow this  
mattflow

My Descent Collection - Painted, Foamcore, the works

Monster Storage box (Ikea and foamcore!) - The more money I save on not buying storage goes towards more expansions!!!

Bottom Layer - Large monsters

Middle Layer - Normal Sized

Top Layer - Just more space for future monsters (under construction)

Lid - sealed

Nice, You actually inspired me to use same box (if you used TENJA from Ikea) to create "whole game in one box" set of inserts. I searched for ideas of storafe solution amd saw this thread some time ago and remembered only the mention about Ikea box with inserts in it and instantly started drawing sketches.

Monster Storage box (Ikea and foamcore!) - The more money I save on not buying storage goes towards more expansions!!!

Lid - sealed

Nice, You actually inspired me to use same box (if you used TENJA from Ikea) to create "whole game in one box" set of inserts. I searched for ideas of storafe solution amd saw this thread some time ago and remembered only the mention about Ikea box with inserts in it and instantly started drawing sketches.

Absolutely used the TJENA. But no the largest model, I may need to perform an upgrade though thanks to all my new Large monsters from the last visit to my FLGS.

Edited by mattflow

Lid - sealed

Absolutely used the TJENA. But no the largest model, I may need to perform an upgrade though thanks to all my new Large monsters from the last visit to my FLGS.

Yeah, I bought the biggest one and all expansions (without LT pack figures and Hero monster collections fit just nicely. On the other hand I used 2mm cardboard, because kappa is really expensive where I live. By the way really nice work on pant job. Do you use acrylic or revells (oil based I think)?

I use Vallejo Acrylics & Game Workshop Inks/washes

However I'm going to try the Bane spiders with some Revells (oil based) and see if they come up with that sickly insect like shine.. Fingers crossed

Good luck. I tried revells (I actually tried them at my friend´s place, he builds vehicle plastic models) and messed up my razorwings. Hope you´ll be luckier.

Good luck. I tried revells (I actually tried them at my friend´s place, he builds vehicle plastic models) and messed up my razorwings. Hope you´ll be luckier.

While I'm up for trying things (I would love to airbrush something too just to give it a go)

The Bane spiders are a bit bigger, but don't want to destroy or mess things up. How badly did they come out? 

Maybe I'll stick to the Acrylics and some good Gloss varnish to bring out the wet look? 

Let us know how it went, I would like to know. perhaps gloss varnish is the safer option..or Vallejos fluorescent colors, had some good experience with yellow (that can be mixed easily to get e.g. green). But I guess what you want is more a shiny chitin armor. I figure that with a extreme highlight transition from very dark to almost white, similar to the NMM technique, you could achive a shine effect with normal colors..

Trial and error, thats the way to go I suppose...maybe Revells turn out splendid in the end, who knows!

good luck :) 

Doors - 

Got so bored after painting the Kobolds, I had to ease back in with some Door action. (and Portcullis') 

iRKF67V.jpg?1

Are these doors in a similar scale to Descent default doors?

When i try to use the image and then use the link from imgur it comes with the message

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

When i try to preview. What am i doing wrong?

Open directly image. You are probably trying to link imgur page link here. You need to insert link that ends with .jpg (or other picture extension)

When i try to use the image and then use the link from imgur it comes with the message

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

When i try to preview. What am i doing wrong?

Responded by PM