Sign in to follow this  
mattflow

My Descent Collection - Painted, Foamcore, the works

Hi FFG Descent Forum dwellers,

First off - Long time reader, first time poster. I've been sitting here on the sidelines for way too long. Reading, absorbing, planning and plotting.

Now, I'm super nervous but I really want to share the game that brings so many smiles, arguments and high-fives to our family dining table. My boys love this game, so do our friends and I've collected so much in the way of miniature painting, storage (Foamcore!) and more. So many figurines, so much painting, so many hours, but it's all worth it.

I can only hope I inspire someone out there too.

So here goes, I'll attach a few hero group shots to start off but as we go on I'll add more and more.

*If anyone has a great way to add/link images - I'm more than open to suggestions*

Edited by mattflow

Hey Atom! Thanks for visiting the thread, I'm honored.

The Elementals are such great little beasts and I didn't want have a different paint job. I couldn't figure a better way to make them different other than by the old red ring on the base..

It started with Order of Gamers and rolled from there. Foamcore is great if you have a few minutes to put aside to make some really great custom inserts.

I have one large expansion for Heroes, one for the Overlord, one for everything else and a nice little IKEA storage box with foamcore inserts for the monster minis. All my map tiles are bagged by number (thanks for the tips Indalecio)

Setup of games is super fast and the specific trays come in super handy for neatening up the game play.

Overlord Play Tray -

8dQFmQE.jpg?1

The Elementals are such great little beasts and I didn't want have a different paint job. I couldn't figure a better way to make them different other than by the old red ring on the base..

I know what you mean, i'm still thinking about an alternate version myself :)

I know what you mean, i'm still thinking about an alternate version myself :)

They're pretty straight up, intimidating and I really couldn't bear to change them too much. Every other beast is easy peasy though. :D

Oh wait .. There is the Merriods  (but they got the red circle treatment too..)

Edited by mattflow