Sign in to follow this  
Darthmoose74

Was there a preview of wave 9 at the NY toy fair?

Doesn't look like it, but they revealed some new figures and some new lego kits which look not bad.  The white and blue T-70 is kinda neat, but I bet it will be the same basic kit as Poe's x-wing.  The Darth Vader vs A-wing set is kinda cool looking too, not often they have two ships in one box.

The Darth Vader vs A-wing set is kinda cool looking too, not often they have two ships in one box.

It's too bad the A-Wing looks dumb as can be. 

I'm wondering if the blue T70 will fix the rubber band issue of Poes

Got super excited when I saw a couple of pretty cool looking Lego models of new ships I had never heard of...

And then I found out they are going to be showcased in a Lego Star Wars animated series on Disney XD... sigh...

I mean, ships from Rebels are fine. But, a ship that appears as Lego in its on screen appearance would be a pretty big stretch to make it into X-wing I'm pretty sure.

Do we know if these ships will make appearances outside of the Lego animated show? They look pretty sweet, and I'd appreciate it if they showed up elsewhere as well.

For those intrigued- http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-star-wars-the-freemaker-adventures-animated-series-coming-to-disney-xd-this-summer

Edited by Kdubb

Got super excited when I saw a couple of pretty cool looking Lego models of new ships I had never heard of...

And then I found out they are going to be showcased in a Lego Star Wars animated series on Disney XD... sigh...

I mean, ships from Rebels are fine. But, a ship that appears as Lego in its on screen appearance would be a pretty big stretch to make it into X-wing I'm pretty sure.

Do we know if these ships will make appearances outside of the Lego animated show? They look pretty sweet, and I'd appreciate it if they showed up elsewhere as well.

For those intrigued- http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-star-wars-the-freemaker-adventures-animated-series-coming-to-disney-xd-this-summer

Ok, so the "StarScavenger" appears to be the protagonists' family ship. What else is part of that show? I don't recognize the Eclipse Fighter, or Naare, or why Dengar is hanging around with him (her?), but I am admittedly not up-to-date on all the new TV and comic stuff.

- H8

There is most likely some concept art already floating about somewhere of how these ships would look in the not lego universe.

If the show's popular there will defiantly be fan art at least. And FFG has a good art team so yeah Star scavenger and Eclipse fighter confirmed for wave 9. :P

Its probably going to be a Lego Star Wars continuity show like the Yoda Chronicles. Won't turn up in X-Wing unless FFG decides to negotiate with Lego (which is currently pointless - since lego star wars has like 4 ships currently?). It's most likely based on some existing ship however - one of the Ships from Yoda Chronicles looked like an E-Wing.

I worked on the Lego show and I am pretty sure, we won't see these things elsewhere. If you have seen other Star Wars things made by Lego you know their funny spin on the universe and unless the fans fall so much in love with the Freemakers family that people demand stories with them outside the Legoverse, I don't see the Freemakers ship making it into our game. 

As to why Dengar is hanging out with Naree, he is a bounty hunter, he can be hired ;)