Sign in to follow this  
James001

Vehicle Silhouetts

hello there. does anyone know where i can find any star wars vehicle silhouettes images online to use In my own vehicle sheets? the ones I have from oggdude are fine but I want some more.

I think just about everyone takes a standard top-view picture and then applies a little image editing to create the silhouette in question.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what OggDude does.

Yeah, pretty much.  Sometimes it's a challenge to find a top-down view, though, so I have to create my own.  I also customize a lot of the portraits as well, clipping ships from one image and adding it to a spacey background.  I've even colorized a few if all I could find were line drawings.  It's one of the more time-consuming parts of doing a release.

There’s a good top-down view at http://deckplans.00sf.com/Marincic/Marincic_Firespray.gif

Using that image, I was able to quickly create the top-down silhouette at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79813707/SW-EotE/Ships/Firespray/Marincic_Firespray_top_silhouette.png

Here’s a preview of what that top-down silhouette looks like:

Marincic_Firespray_top_silhouette.png

Edited by bradknowles

I opted for a top-down when landed, as opposed to flying, just because you can better tell it's a Firespray :)

FIRESPRAY.png

The more popular the ship, the better chance there is that someone's already done-up a deck plan, or schematic, or something similar that can be used to make a silhouette.  And since everyone's in love with Boba Fett and the Slave 1, there's quite of few of them out there.