Sign in to follow this  
Nyxen

How long do you hold your tongue?

You see the Spoiler, everyone's talking about it but no one sees the combo. X new card with Y old ship and Z old upgrade, its going to take worlds by storm!

So how long do you hold on to this before blabbing to your buddies and the general population?

You see the Spoiler, everyone's talking about it but no one sees the combo. X new card with Y old ship and Z old upgrade, its going to take worlds by storm!

So how long do you hold on to this before blabbing to your buddies and the general population?

Depends.  If you go to local tournaments, I would say hold your tongue until the first tournament after release and take it to that :P

Clearly I don't wait very long at all.

If you see something I haven't yet reported...

​If you want to test its veracity before taking it to a tournament, PM me, and I'll get back at you, and keep it a secret for you as well.

Edited by DraconPyrothayan

Most people that go to large tournaments at least lurk the forums. Most things you think you might of created, someone already did, they just aren't vocal about it. Sharing knowledge isn't a bad thing in this game, and if you think having an "unexplored" combo is the way to win, you have a long ways to go.

Whatever combo you discovered has already been discovered by the playtesters. You know FFG 'employ' some of the greatest X-Wing players as testers, right?

Yeah but they didn't post it online before us so tough titties :)

Also playtesters don't think of every combo they can't we don't all think alike.

Look at PWT they made it through playtesting without them realizing it screwed interceptors, same with fat Han.

People playtesting are human they make mistakes same as everyone.

If you couldn't play an interceptor because of PWT before AT, you were just bad, sorry, it wasn't hard.

Well most of the play testers aren't "employed" and they range from some of the top players to some of the people that just have ins.

If you couldn't play an interceptor because of PWT before AT, you were just bad, sorry, it wasn't hard.

Well most of the play testers aren't "employed" and they range from some of the top players to some of the people that just have ins.

Hear that competitive players he's saying you suck, you gonna take that?

Whatever combo you discovered has already been discovered by the playtesters. You know FFG 'employ' some of the greatest X-Wing players as testers, right?

Actually, I've heard the testers here in the twin cities are some really filthy casuals ;)

It has to be the article writers!

This is one of my favorite idiosyncrasies of x wing players, everyone wants to keep thier list a secret. People go on about thier fantasy teams or battle reports or collections, those are all boring, but I want to hear the exact combination of stuff that you think will win you a tournament. I learn more about you and the game that way, and there's not enough in x wing that constitutes a counter to other builds imo to really hurt yourself by talking.

This is one of my favorite idiosyncrasies of x wing players, everyone wants to keep thier list a secret. People go on about thier fantasy teams or battle reports or collections, those are all boring, but I want to hear the exact combination of stuff that you think will win you a tournament. I learn more about you and the game that way, and there's not enough in x wing that constitutes a counter to other builds imo to really hurt yourself by talking.

As X-wing (and other such games) go, the list is only a small part of the game.  Skill and strategy is everything!

Edited by Stone37