Sign in to follow this  
Magnus Maximus

Question about Doors

Hello!

I just got DQ a few days ago. Have played twice and had a great time. I'm a huge fan of games like Talisman, so DQ is right up my alley.

I do have a basic question about doors.

In my solo game last night, I managed to get near the treasure chamber. The hall leading into it was blocked by a door. I drew a door card per the rules, got into the treasure chamber, and managed to grab a few baubles without waking the dragon. On my next turn, I decided to exit the treasure chamber the same way I entered.

Should I have drawn another door card? Or do you only draw them when the leaving the actual tile that has the door printed on it?

Thanks!

They used a new term in this edition named a "hall", which is the interconnection between 2 tiles.

So for instance in a hall, there are maximum 2 doors (two tiles having a door and the door is shared). If the hall contains at LEAST one door (either side), then you have to draw a door card for it.

In case of 2 doors in a hall, it's basically the same door so you only draw 1 card for it.

So yes, you should have drawn a door card.

Edited by Gridash