Sign in to follow this  
Grayfax

What are you buying in March 2016?

I have two local stores that do a LOT to support the X-Wing community here in Kansas City, so I went ahead and pre-ordered a full assortment of Wave 8 from one, and will do so again from the other once they start.  Plus the relevant LCG packs that hit in March (or at least AGoT, I have yet to figure out Conquest).

I'm probably going to buy TAP and a rebel ship so that I technically can play a rebel list without borrowing stuff. I have basically everything I need right now until Imperial Veterans comes out except for autothrusters and a hard plastic range ruler.

So... now that we are halfway through with this month and release date rumors are popping up, what are you planning on buying in March 2016?

Well it was going to be new ships but its more likely to be a new washing machine seeing as the old one game up the ghost!

****!   :(

I feel you! I had to do that in March last year... always a painful thing... if it's not one Ghost... it's another...

Preordered all of wave 8 long ago(2 X TAP). Buying a second ghost once it is released. Also buying into AGoT. The disappoint over wave 8 missing my store champs made a gap and AGoT just strode right in!

I almost Netrunnered, but luckily that feeling has passed... I really want to keep it to one semi-expensive hobby.

1 Ghost

1 Mist Hunter

2 TIE/Inqs

I'll get the Jumpmaster one day, mostly for the upgrade cards (GONK!), but I'm not exactly itching to actually use the ship itself.

I also sorta want five or six TIE/Inqs at some point.  For... reasons.

Well of the ships and packs out already, I have at least one of each except for the following so I want to finish off this list first:

Transport

CR90

Gonzati

Aggressor

M3-A

Tie/Fo (have the new core but not the expansion)

Tie Punisher

Since I got the Raider for Christmas, I have been dying to get the CR90 or the Transport to do some real Epic so I think that will be my big purchase in March.

1-Ghost

2-TAP

2-Mist Hunters

2-Jumpmasters

Also need,

2-Scyks

2-Kirahxz

Another Transport

Another Gozanti

Another Most Wanted

Forgot, I need another KWing, two AWings and probably a Punisher to round things out!

So it looks like March-April will see another couple big XWing purchases, then a dry spell til more come out, ie Imperial Veterans, Scum Epic, Wave 9...

Edited by Plainsman

I pre-ordered Wave 8 just after it was announced last year - 1 Ghost, 2 TAPs, 1 Jumpmaster and 1 Mist Hunter. I might pick up 3 more TAPs. As for spending money in March? Apart from the 3 TAPs, any FFG Star Wars RPG materials that catch my eye and, if it goes up for pre-order, the Directors Cut of Deadpool. Might be a bit too soon for that but, according to T.J. Miller (Weasel), the Directors Cut will be more raunchy than the release version of the film.

1 Ghost

1 Mist Hunter

2 TIE/Inqs

I'll get the Jumpmaster one day, mostly for the upgrade cards (GONK!), but I'm not exactly itching to actually use the ship itself.

I also sorta want five or six TIE/Inqs at some point.  For... reasons.

Strange. I could have written the exact same post.

Anyway, that's what I preordered, too.

1 Ghost (Only need to field one of them, and comes with fun new crew, which you only need one of. The Attack Shuttle has too many red-maneuvers for me to field more than one).

2 Tie Advanced Prototype (Love the A-wing, considering buying 3-4 in total, but it is a very crowded game space currently occupied by the Tie-fighter, Tie/FO, Tie-Interceptor, Tie-advanced, and also worried that two attack dice no-longer really cuts it).

1 Mist Hunter (Have never been able to fly the B-wing, so only need one for the crews and the scum stealth-device. Now had the stealth-device not been unique, I would have bought 4-5 easily ;-D). 

2 Jump Master 5000 (Love that ship may buy 3 ;-D) Seriously considering this build:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!174:19,136,126,174,118,-1:-1:25:;174:19,136,126,179,-1,-1:-1:25:;174:19,136,126,178,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=Torpedo%20strike

Edited by Sciencius

I'm moving to the countryside in the spring so all our money is geared towards the move and subsequent spending spree my Wife is going to go on getting furniture and the like that fits the aesthetic of a River side cottage! But I already Pre-ordered 1x Ghost 3X Tap and 3x Imp Vets when they were announced.