Sign in to follow this  
MunGo0600

Tournament Imperials - 393pts

So, played in a tournament recently and finished in a pretty decent place with a 2 ISD Squadron list, however, having learnt a lot from it, I've come up with a list for the next tournament, and I'm looking for a little input:

ISD II

Grand Moff Tarkin
ECMs
Intel Officer   
XI7s
Gunnery Teams

Glad I 

Demolisher
APTs
Ordnance Experts

Glad I

APTs

Ordnance Experts

Squadrons

Dengar
Darth Vader
Mauler Mithel
Tie Advanced

Objectives:

Advanced Gunnery/Precision Strike 
Fleet Ambush/Contested Outpost
Minefields Maybe...?

As you can see I'm having some trouble picking some objectives, any insight would be great, and I'm also very happy to have any comments on the list. Thanks guys! 

Edited by MunGo0600

I would probably drop that second glad for a more dangerous fighter contingent, like three or four firesprays with rhymer.

That leaves you with two activations, which is not great unless you're running two ISDs/MC80s.

I ran a very similar list with cheaper squadrons and a VSD instead of a second GSD. It was a VSD-II with Overload Pulse, and the ISD had Avenger. I was also using Screed to guarantee the OLP trigger. It was fun.

When avenger gets off its shot following OLP it's amazing, but it doesn't always do so.  I had an ISD suffer 9 damage AFTER shields by someone's avenger once, in a single shot.  It was pretty awful.  But the way I see it, your super ISD Avenger now has the other ship's cost added to its own in order to be effective.  Granted a VSD 2 is going to be making its own contributions to your fleet, surely.  But still, the combo depends on certain things happening.

I would probably drop that second glad for a more dangerous fighter contingent, like three or four firesprays with rhymer.

I'm trying to keep it down to a small fighter screen and focusing on the ships, I like this build because it has proved a pretty great speed bump, and when your opponent is going ship heavy, thanks to the black dice and Vader, it can do reasonable damage to ships. Plus, with just the one glad and an ISD -  that's not a lot of staying power on the board.

That leaves you with two activations, which is not great unless you're running two ISDs/MC80s.

I ran a very similar list with cheaper squadrons and a VSD instead of a second GSD. It was a VSD-II with Overload Pulse, and the ISD had Avenger. I was also using Screed to guarantee the OLP trigger. It was fun.

I agree about the activations issue, and I have run the Screed Avenger/OLP build a few times it is really is fun , but, while I like it, I don't like having my ISD stuck with a slower VSD, trying to get the combo to go off.