Sign in to follow this  
Jedu

Poe and Corran in 1 list - who gets VI and who PTL?

Hi,

lately I'm running a list with both Poe and Corran. One of them (usualy Poe) has to have VI in order to hunt for other aces, while the other (Corran) gets PTL to become more versatile, e.g. to arc dodge better with barrel/engine upgrade or to turtle with evade+ focus.

I want to equip them with R2-D2 and BB-8 (as I don't have R5-P9). Corran usualy have EU and FCS, while Poe has autothrusters.

In your opinion, which one should get VI and which one should get PTL and why? And who gets which droid? I want to consider my list as a "competitive" - whatever that means now.

As a company for them, I take A-wing prototype or Z-95 with ion missiles, to have some control.

I'd give Poe BB-8 and VI. Then give Corran R2-D2 and PTL (you could go VI for both if you have 2). That gives your opponent a tough decision really. Go after Poe who's the easier target to get off the board or, go after the regenerating Horn. Neither is clearly the way to go. If they go after Poe, they leave Corran to the end game which he excels at. If they attack Corran, they might not kill him fast enough and then you might end up with your ace against PS 10 Poe. You could be out PS'd.

For the wingman, its a Prototype A-wing. The Z is nice because it can carry a missile like IPMs, but the A-wing is way more versatile. Its one of the best blockers in the game, if not the best.

Well, I personally only play Empire, but I'll give you my opinion based on previous opponents. Having played against alot of rebels, Poe either tanks or goes down fast. 6 hull and shields with 2 agility gets burned down pretty quickly if focussed. The caveat of course being rebel regen. So Poe gets R2 here. Since he has R2, he's less action dependent so he gets VI as well. Corran has always been a ship that flies in, destroys something with a double tap, breaks off, and repeats. He likes regen on the disengage, but doesn't absolutely require it. Bb-8 with the free barrel roll could open up other action possibilities. Especially with push the limit and an engine upgrade. The E-wing dial is better than the X for stress as well. So I say give Corran PTL and BB-8 and play him like a super Tie Interceptor.

If you're giving Poe BB-8, give him PTL. 3 actions a turn is amazing, and will make him a much harder target, but you must give him AT as well.

All that being said, Coran/Poe is a very hard list to fly. Poe requires a lot of arc dodging. If he gets caught by turreted ship, he's done. Coran needs to arc dodge as well, but at least you'll have Regen goi g for you there. I would only run this list if you are really confident in your piloting ability

Edited by DonnieDarkside