Sign in to follow this  
DonnieDarkside

First Scum Build. Never tried them. Any suggestions?

So I recently got Most Wanted, StarViper and Firespray. Mostly just for upgrades to put finishing touches on existing builds. That being said, I now have a few ships I could use for a S&V build. Where's a good place to start?

I have both cores and a lot of Imp and Rebel ships already. Probably already have many of the upgrades I would need.

Edited by DonnieDarkside

You have plenty of builds available, more if your ok with mixing dials. Xizor Ys and Zs swarm (or just Zs if you have rebels). Named- vipers Ys and Zs. Firespray + guri. Firespray double TLTs. Alpha strike ordnance lists and more.

Oh and if you have the hwk it gets better. Palob is nasty, much better than he looks on paper.

If your a fan of imps then boba and guri might be a nice place to start. It can be a really solid list for a 2 ship list although not top tier. Xizors swarm variants are really potent. N'dru with clusters/homers is a scary suicide pilot and Scum has the best named Ys hands down. Kavil with TLT predator and EU scares even soontir. They can also take the genius loadout to move then drop proton bombs which is fun. Drea renthil with ordnance is a great alpha strike ship utilizing r4b11. Lots of ways to build with what you got.

Edited by Carnor Rex

I've had a lot of fun (and some modest success) with:

Prince Xisor (StarViper), Virago, Autothrusters, Advanced Sensors, Predator

Syndicate Thug (Y-Wing), Twin Laser Turret

Binayre Pirate (Z-95 Headhunter) x3

The Pirates and Xisor fly in a loose formation so there's always at least one of the Z-95s to take hits for Xisor, on the rare occasions that he actually gets hit… The Y-Wing flies around giving another dangerous target. It either goes down first, but gives the mini-swarm more turns to cause damage, or it gets ignored and does a more or less guaranteed 2 damage per turn while Z-95s go down. And you'd be surprised how much damage 3 Z-95s and a Predator-StarViper can cause... One game, they took down Wedge in round 2 and Poe in round 3 without taking a scratch.

Good suggestions so far.  Here's mine:

Xizor w/ push the limit, virago, advanced sensors & autothrusters = 40

Boba Fett w/ Veteran Instincts, tactician, glitterstim & engine = 48

Binayre pirate = 12

That Xizor build is really hard to use though, so if you are new to the Star Viper you might want to try an easier one.  Either drop push the limit for predator, or use
Xizor w/ Veteran Instincts, virago, FCS, glitterstim & autothrusters = 39

You don't care much about initiative though, since you have Boba as the 'ultimate' answer to other PS 9 aces.

Don't worry if the pirate dies too quick to contribute anything meaningful.  His sole purpose is so that Xizor doesn't get shot at until the furball erupts (after that, he should be hard to focus fire on if you fly him right).

I have avoided the IG so far personally. Idk if its coming from flying the defender first but I just don't like what its about. That said it is sheer muscle and currently considered one of the more competitive ships for scum. I think it overshadows a lot of equally viable ships in the faction which might play into it.

The good thing about IG's are that you can link the skills of more than one on the table. Hounds tooth is a personal favourite of mine but with Jump master 5000 coming out soon that will make a big change to scum lists

But wouldn't the jumpmaster be hard to learn with??

I currently have the most wanted expansion plus two additional z-95, 2 aggressors and the firespray.

Want the jumpmaster really bad but it looked hard to learn with.

Edited by echarlie

Well its a PWT so not exactly hard. The biggest issue is how many ways to build it and keeping it alive. Fett its not and it will melt very quickly under focused fire. I learned this the first couple times I proxied it. Besides the cards its the ship I'm actually least excited about.

Edited by Carnor Rex

I think the Jumpmaster is a good ship but it IS a hard ship to fly. The fact that all of its good movess are on the left means careful planning ahead is required more so than many other ships. Its also very new, and unexplored territory, so not ideal for people who want 'tried-and-true'

Sorry, what's the term "PWT"? 

Why is it not a good ship? Too fragile?? 

Primary weapon turret. I never said not a good ship or too fragile, but that it will melt under focused fire. I'm not overly excited about it because I avoid PWTs as a personal thing and besides which firesprays and YVs are more appealing to me. It looks to be an excellent ship in fact. 

I think the Jumpmaster is a good ship but it IS a hard ship to fly. The fact that all of its good movess are on the left means careful planning ahead is required more so than many other ships. Its also very new, and unexplored territory, so not ideal for people who want 'tried-and-true' 

This is true I suppose. On the greens, start on the right. At least thats been my experience so far lol. You can BR back right much easier than starting left and taking whites. Its like zoolander. Or alternately build it with UA and less action dependent.