Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

Would you buy a Repaint wave?

I'm feeling kind of done with buying repaints.  I'm already planning to sell/trade the Imperial Veterans models as I have 4 defenders and bombers already, plus the TIE advanced from the Raider and the TIEs that came with the gozanti (who really needed more TIEs?)

There are a few repaints I wouldn't mind having, like Poe Dameron's T-70 or maybe Corran Horn's X-wing, but buying more ships I don't need with these plain solid color repaints just to get some new cards added to the game doesn't really appeal.to me personally.

I'd prefer to see them become more aggressive with their veterans & elites releases. I know we honestly don't need a release until a ship becomes broken, but it would be nice to get some upgrade cards **cough** AUTOTHRUSTERS **cough** without buying ships I'm never going to fly for a faction I'm not interested in.

It's doubtful they'll package repaints in a single expansion packs.

FFG will probably follow their precedent for repaints, which means putting repaints in a separate box set or part of an Epic Expansion box set:

Q1 2014: Imperial Aces

• TIE Intercepter

Q2 2014: Rebel Transport

• T-65 X-Wing

Q3 2014: Rebel Aces

• A-Wing
  • B-Wing

Q1 2015: Most Wanted

• Y-Wing
  • Z-95

Q3 2015: Imperial Raider

• TIE Advanced

Q4 2015: Imperial Assault Carrier

• TIE Fighter

Q2 2016: Imperial Veterans

• TIE Bomber
  • TIE Defender

Small ships that have not gotten the repaint:

• E-Wing
  • K-Wing
  • HWK-290
  • T-70 X-Wing
  • TIE Advanced Prototype
  • TIE Punisher
  • TIE Phantom
  • TIE/FO
  • Kihraxz Fighter
  • M3-A Scyk
  • StarViper
  • G-1A

Probable upcoming releases:

Rebel Veterans

• E-Wing

Most Wanted Aces

• M3-A Scyk (Black Sun)
  • Kihraxz (Black Sun)

Resistance Aces

• T-70 X-Wing (Poe)
  • T-70 X-Wing (different Blue markings)

Rogue Squadron Aces

• T-65 X-Wing x2 (Rogue One paint scheme)

If it was JUST a repaint of older ships, not new/different material, I (probably) wouldn't re-purchase old pieces. (I have NINE Interceptors, thanks to Imp Aces, show me some goddamn mercy!) I came into the game early and I have not been stingy with my purchases, I will need a GOOD reason to re-purchase material from before Wave Four of Five.

If there were new uniques, I WOULD buy more. Depending on the specifics, I might not be thrilled, but I will for sure purchase pretty much ANY new material for this game. (Full disclosure: I used to be a "100 points of small ships and one or two of the larges" kind of guy. Lately I just start with two smalls and one big and wait and see if I really need more. (Except for when I fall back on my old ways...))

If they released new material with two distinct paint schemes at the same time (like, standard practice for a release becomes two different paint jobs per ship but the content is the same) I would divide my purchases between the two. (And if I'm being perfectly honest, I might buy extra of the paint scheme that I like better.)

I am a victim of this game.

I'm pretty ok with that.

I'd say we'd only see a repaint wave if the decide to do something drastic like launch old republic and cis factions in one wave. The best way to do the repaint would be to pack it like most wanted allowing 2-3 repaints and minor upgrades \ fresh pilots for both large and small ships in the faction that have yet to receive a vet\epic ship upgrade

I would like to see repaints \ resculpts especially with a good card load out. I'd like to see a slow down on new ships. I've seen games collapse because of too much stuff and unintended consequences.

Now that I think about it why couldn't FFG just have some of the earlier waves painted differently when they do reprints.

Give the A-wing green trim instead of the red

Do the X-wing in yellow etc

I think this would be a better idea. Same expansion pack just with a different colour scheme

I would buy repaints if they would have new pilots and upgrades, possibly upgrades from other ships that are only in other factions. Examples?

Black One - T-70 X-Wing in black and orange. It would have Poe Dameron (with picture of black X-Wing, that would be cool), one new named pilot and two known generics, there would be R5P9 or some new astromech and some nice elite talent which is not in Rebel pack till now (Predator?) or possibly some modification, like autothrusters, shield upgrade or IA

Rogue Squadron X-Wing - X-wing in slightly different scheme including for example Luke Skywalker (for those who don't have the original Core Set) and/or X-Wing versions of Tycho Celchu, Corran Horn and Ten Nunb (same abilities, different ship). IA could be added and once again some new generic astromech.

It would even fixed some X-Wing I think.

I don't see much on the side of Empire but it would be nice to see more Red ships. I am not that much into Empire so I don't know the options. But there should be some I presume.

Edited by Jiron

Interesting idea. I would feel a bit cheated though. 

Additionally, I'm in this game only for the Original Trilogy .. and apart form the odd marking, most ships were painted identically. I'm happy with my collection and wouldn't buy additional models with a new paint scheme.

A wave of repaints... NO. That is what Ace Packs are for.

This, pretty much.

The wave releases should concentrate on new ships and new additions to the game; the Aces packs (and Epic releases) are the place for repainted models and updating existing ships.

I think a few people have already commented on the prospect of Poe's black and gold T-70 appearing as a standalone expansion following the blue and white T-70 appearingin both the Force Awakens core set and an expansion of it's own, and not with a massive degree of enthusiasm either.

I most certainly would. I'd like to get two more y-wings anyways, so grey squadron would be nice. Maybe a green a-wing and another z-95 variant for scum as well.

There might always be a player that needs to boost up his ship count for a certain model, so it seems reasonable.

Now that I think about it why couldn't FFG just have some of the earlier waves painted differently when they do reprints.

Give the A-wing green trim instead of the red

Do the X-wing in yellow etc

I think this would be a better idea. Same expansion pack just with a different colour scheme

I find it hilarious that for your examples, you picked two of the rebel ships that are currently sold with two different paint schemes already. :)

I use all three versions of interceptors when playing. So, yes, I'd take repaints of other ships as well. I'd like to see a Kath Firespray, not that that particular ship needs "fixing".

I'd take any new ships as well. The variety is awesome, especially since my ships get used in Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion. From that standpoint there can never be to many. Even including uglies.

If it were simply a repaint with repeated cards then almost certainly not.

If it were a repainted ship with a bunch of new pilots and good, and probably even new, upgrades then I think I would begrudgingly buy at least some of them.  Part of this depends on what ship we're looking at and if "one more" would still fit in at under 100 points.