Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

Would you buy a Repaint wave?

Here's an idea I had. Rather than another wave of entirely new models, would people be interested if FFG took the Aces approach but broke it up into some repainted singles?

They could do a name revision to indicate it as distinct from the original release, so an X-Wing expansion could be the "X-Wing Veteran Expansion" or "Rogue Squadron Expansion." A new HWK expansion could be themed around S&V, with new titles (including one that increases the primary weapon) and feature two pilots for both Scum and Rebels.

The downside to this approach is that, based on previous trends, we may not actually see multiples of the cards in a $15 blister pack, so it may be harder to get extra copies of "fixes" for previous ships.

If they came with new pilots and upgrades, maybe. I'd rather see more two-ship packs, though (Scum Aces, Rebel Veterans, etc.). The two-ship packs have a slightly better ratio of cards per pack, which means they can more easily give us a variety of cards or multiples of any really desirable non-unique cards.

Well, I'm a "buy at least 1 of all models" guy, so it would really irk me to have a couple aces split up with repeat items, only including a new paintjob.  Especially when I repaint some of my ships anyway.  With the ace packs we get all kinds of new goodies which is awesome.  Not to mention the scenarios that come with the large boxed packages like aces!

I think its almost necessary for FFG to repackage the "fixes" with the original ships at some point, for new players getting into the game.  Its hard to tell a person to buy Imperial Aces for the interceptor fix, and then go back and buy the interceptor pack for Soontir Fel.  If something is ONLY for that ship, it should be repackaged with the original ship at some point.  Tie/x1 as well with the advanced in the next reprint or something.  A year after the fix is a good time to just add it to the original ship.  

What I would be ALL about would be repainted ships (and the associated dial, but no cards or pilots) as prizes instead of the medal they put in the package.  Having a 1st place repainted ace would be pretty sweet I think!

Edited by jonnyd

No.

I'm struggling to keep up with the original wave releases, never mind some fancy pants colour schemed releases.

That and the fact I've got lots of paint and brushes but no motivation.

Cheers

Baaa

I would prefer a repaint wave to have ALL boxes of at least 2 ships.  

Wave 12: The Elites

Pack 1: Imperial Elites - TIE Phantom(clear) and TIE/fo repaint (some episode 8 paint job?).  Possibly give a different role for phantoms?  Suppose they lose evade, cloak, 2 pilot skill, and 1 agility, but gain 1 primary attack!  Or suppose they lose 2 attack but gain astromech?  

Pack 2: Rebel Elites - E-Wing and Y-Wing repaints.  Y-Wing pilots with an EPT, and E-Wing upgrades that make the generics usable. 

Pack 3: Scum Elites - Starviper and M3A.  Another title for the Starviper(Maybe a way to get an Evade?) and options for the M3A - Maybe an alternate title that adds several hull (but you can't use any secondary weapons due to title), Or something to make you want to take missiles / torps.  

Edited by Crabbok

If it was just repaints I don't think so.  It would depend on the cards but even then I have extras of ships already and will be getting more when Veterans comes out.

So it would be possible but they would have to be something really special and even then... maybe not.

I'd be a be a bit salty about an expansion that was a repaint that came with cards that I'd want to buy multiples for. I've already got enough of most ships, I wouldn't mind picking up one of a repaint for a couple of new pilots but I wouldn't want to buy more than that just for upgrade cards.

I'm still all sad about needing a 4th T-70 to get second copies of Targeting Astromech and Integrated Astromech and needing a 6th TIE/fo to get second copies of Juke and Comms relay. 

I'd support a repaint wave if they packaged the ships with new pilots and copies of cards that were in higher demand. Ebay is full of K-Wings and Star Vipers and Kihraxz fighters simply because the ships themselves aren't desirable, but they have cards people need. A Green Squadron A-Wing with Autothrusters or a Gray Squadron/Scum repaint with TLT might at least let people buy ships they actually need, rather than buying extra ships to get copies of cards they need for non-friendly play.

I don't know if I'd count on this happening though. Seems like it could easily lead to the less desirable version of the ship no longer selling and vendors being stuck with that extra stock constantly.

Edited by VaeVictis