Sign in to follow this  
Seanamal

Wave 9 prediction

I hope for the special forces tie we instead get pilot cards and cardboard with a tie/fo reprint. So we can use the same model for both, but have different pilot cards and cardboard. Or make it a title for the fo, because I really do not want to buy another tie fighter lookalike...

My wish list:

1. Kylo's shuttle.

2. Dual pack of special forces TIE fighters with rear arcs and a crew slot.

3. New falcon with Force Awakens rebel pilots and crew.

4. Scum aces dual pack with breakthrough upgrades for the M3-A and Khiraxz! I'd like a few more Starviper options too.

5. Dual pack of black T70's with more pilots from the movie. That could wait until after the next movie release though, as I'm sure we'll get more backstory on Poe and company.

If the boat leaves now we'll get them by Xmas!

On a side note to all this I do not see Fantasy Flight as having any exhibitor space at the New York Toy Fair this weekend.

Maybe they will do an announcement through a side session, but according to the website they have no booth presence. :(

My wish list:

1. Kylo's shuttle.

2. Dual pack of special forces TIE fighters with rear arcs and a crew slot.

3. New falcon with Force Awakens rebel pilots and crew.

4. Scum aces dual pack with breakthrough upgrades for the M3-A and Khiraxz! I'd like a few more Starviper options too.

5. Dual pack of black T70's with more pilots from the movie. That could wait until after the next movie release though, as I'm sure we'll get more backstory on Poe and company.

If the boat leaves now we'll get them by Xmas!

1. Im tottaly with you here.

2. Dual packs with twins suck. Imo Imp Aces is worst of all 3 Aces/Veterans packs just cause cause it had 2 same ships (not considering cards and so).

3. That would be worse set ever. Simple pack with pilot cards would do here no need for make "new" Falcon.

4. With you again. I wish for Starviper and M3-A. Shame "fix packs" are not considered "waves".

5. Rebels dont need fix for T70(those duals are usually fixes)...most flown ship nowadays. Rebels need fix for T-65 and E-wing.

Isn't the Scurrg H-6 Bomber pretty much inevitable because of its other appearances? It's also give Scum the dedicated bomber they deserve to fulfill FFG's apparent to make bombers an authentic fourth pillar of the game.

The Bomb Y and Emon just aren't ready for primetime like the K-Wing + Sabine or Deathrain are.

While I don't believe they'll announce a new wave while the previous one is on the boat...

Actually that is fairly normal that they announce the next product while the current one is incoming. Just in this case, they already have. Imperial Veterans. 

Yup. The most recent example of this was Wave 8 being announced in July, prior to Wave 7 hitting shelves in August.

That's the problem. There's only a handful of ships, and only a couple of them fit this game (I can't see troop landers being the new meta, somehow).

In the case of the Imperial troop lander, sure - it has no guns to speak of (one anti-personnel one only), BUT the Rebel one has proper guns/cannon. It's as viable as the Lambda was/is. "Shuttle" for Rebels? Yes please.

Pretty much everyone playing this game already has a Falcon. It's hard to justify a second for the sake of a square dish and a pilot card.

Hmmm... surely the same could be said for Aces/Veterans packs? Are they hard to justify for a repaint and new cards?

As someone who had just purchased their fourth interceptor only to come home and find Imperial Aces announced, I can certainly say it did not stop me buying Imperial Aces and enjoying the expansion...

The Ace packs had very specific cards to make those ships better, along with new pilots etc. Those packs were aimed at ships that you regularly field two or more of (at the time. At least). It's rare you'll see a two YT build anymore, and you certainly won't see three.

I'd like to see the Falcon get updated pilots, and the crew choices would be curious (BB-8 crew?), but unless it has drastically different characteristics to warrant it's own, I don't see the need for duplicate model pack, that's all.

Now if the masses want it, have at. I'll row right in and support anyone who does, and probably buy a copy for the upgrades eventually. I just won't be super eager about owning redundant copies of the same ship.

While I doubt it will be this weekend, I believe we will see the Special Forces Tie (hurray for more middle ground muddle! The turret/arc on it should make it interesting at least though), and The Scurrg for scum.

Outside of Emon, scum has yet to get a dedicated bombing platform, hence why I think the Scurrg is coming in. That and it is the only small base ship that is currently in Armada that isn't in Xwing.

Rebels though is anyone's guess. I would be pretty bummed if it was a YT-1300 for them as a wave release... Maybe for an aces type release though, but I wouldn't even really enjoy that. I'd also be bummed if "Poe's Xwing" got its own release that wasn't a aces pack. But then I think, what else could they put out? Would they really reach to the EU again? And if not the YT-1300 or another X-wing, if we are sticking to canon, then the options quickly get really bad, like the Naboo fighter or, even worse, the Resistance toothbrushcellphone- I mean troop transport. That is probably the ship I want to see least in the game. The Naboo fighter I could live with because it's made appearances outside of the prequels that has helped position it closer to the OT timeline (and Leia could even pilot it which could be fun).

There's always the H-wing or T-wing as well! Right?? xD

While I don't believe they'll announce a new wave while the previous one is on the boat...

Actually that is fairly normal that they announce the next product while the current one is incoming. Just in this case, they already have. Imperial Veterans.

Yup. The most recent example of this was Wave 8 being announced in July, prior to Wave 7 hitting shelves in August.

This kind of always happens at Gen Con. Wave 7 was released at the show, and Wave 8 was released. Same as Wave 5 in 2014 and the announcement of Wave 6. Soft releases, but the ships are in the hands of the public, albeit a small portion of it. I'd expect the same this year with Wave 9 and a Wave 10 announcement.

Someone made the point in the Armada forums that we might not get any new stuff announced until April, so that stores can't set up preorders before the new LGS "friendly" policy change comes into place. So while I would love any information on Wave 3 Armada, Wave 9 X-wing, some other X-wing expansion, new Imperial Assault stuff, or even a new star wars game I think we won't see it quite yet. 

Well,

I am afraid that what I want I will never get. It seems FFG will not return to the Episode I-III period. So we are stuck with Episode IV-VII and Rebels. And some small expanded universe things (Rogue Squadron, Galaxies, and Force Unleash). I would like to see Rogue Shadow (Empire/Rebell twin ship) and Wild Karrde (Epic Scum). Also Star Vipers needs some love, but as it is solely Xizor and Black Suns ship (with some mandalorians exception) I dont believe there will be some upgrade. Unlimited Virago would be cool. 

I would like to see Thrawns brethren, claw fighters etc. Or Black suns fighters. 

On the other hand. 

Seeing Dengar I am so sad about it now and very much afraid what the future brings. Its about the rules balance over the fluff gaming. Why Dengar, some almost unknown bounty hunter has same pilot skill as the best of the best (Vader, Fell, Wedge)? TLT is absolutely rubbish - I hate to play against it, and when tested I hate to play with it. It ruins the essenssion of the game - the dogfights. So bring a turret ship with PS9. Or Tractor Beam. Or Boba Fett crew. In my point of view those are things ruining the game, so what will be next? I am very much afraid...

Seeing Dengar I am so sad about it now and very much afraid what the future brings. Its about the rules balance over the fluff gaming. Why Dengar, some almost unknown bounty hunter has same pilot skill as the best of the best (Vader, Fell, Wedge)?

Yeap thats rubbish they should pay a bit more attention to fluff. On the other hand that is first time community have issues to fluff in 3 years...

TLT is absolutely rubbish - I hate to play against it, and when tested I hate to play with it. It ruins the essenssion of the game - the dogfights. 

Sorry to say but if it ruins the game so much to You, You just have no idea how to play agains it. For me TLT are balanced cause of the R1 hole. Strong card ideed but balanced. You just have to plan how to get on that range 1 or when facing multiple TLTs how to bump one, be out of range of another etc. It just changes the dogfights a bit, not kills it.

So bring a turret ship with PS9. 

That costs 50+ points. 5 Ties. 1,5 full stacked ace. Come on...Non of the big turrets are THIS op. Ok falcon and deci are hard to kill (kenkirk/palpi/ysanne deci) or bring pain like superDash or another type of deci (RAC/Vader) but the can be countered pretty easy.

Or Tractor Beam.

You need to hit with that one You know? And it deals no dmg. In 3/4 list ship thats 1/3 or 1/4 of your squad "not shooting". Another strong but balanced card.

Or Boba Fett crew.

What's wrong with that one? You need to crit first, and thats just one time use. Ok killing Palpi on a Deci or C3PO on Falcon can hurt but gl BobaFetting a swarm.... Situational card at least.

In my point of view those are things ruining the game, so what will be next? I am very much afraid...

No offence but i feel like you want the game how it looked at wave 2. Just jousting, no turrets, no fancy stuff, lets just ride in circles until somebody Kturn to shoot... Game evolves and gives more options to players. If we had non of the stuff You moan about none would play the game anymore cause it would be...well boring after a year..

I'm not sure about Dengar, maybe it was a case of "well, someone has to, might as well be Dengar". 

As for balance: Dengar is on the level of Han, but much softer, so I don't see a problem here. I agree, however, that the TLT is a bit overpowered it the sense that it redefines the whole meta and becomes practically mandatory on some ships (especially the Y-Wing, both Scum and Rebel) and offers a good reward for zero risk. Also, it can be spammeed easily.

Edited by costi

Dengar was said to be the rival, if not better, of Han Solo at swoop racing. It's lead to believe that in the Legends (which Xwing pulls from) that Dengar is the best pilot of the Bounty Hunter crew.

Just because he's not the best bounty hunter doesn't mean he's not the best at something else. Kyle Katarn is not a great pilot but he's a really good stealth ops/spy/jedi.

Edited by CheapCreep

Dengar was said to be the rival, if not better, of Han Solo at swoop racing. It's lead to believe that in the Legends (which Xwing pulls from) that Dengar is the best pilot of the Bounty Hunter crew.

In Boba Fett trilogy on multiple occasions he is amazed by Boba's piloting skills.

Soooo....boba 8...dengar 9...? Yeap well whatever...;)

But yea he is AT LEAST a bit justified to be an ace. Deepend what time of his life we look at: medicore before/right after meeting Boba or much later Thrawn/Dark Empire era. Cause he honed his skills during that period.

my complete Wave 9 Guess:

FIRST ORDER:

TIE/sf with Rear Fire Arc

System, Tech, Crew, Missle.

New cards: SpForces Title, Imperial Only Crew, MagPulse Missile

&

Upsilon-Class Shuttle

System, Cannon, Tech, Crewx3

New cards: Shuttle Title, Phasma Crew, Kylo Crew

REBEL/RESISTANCE

Wookiee Gunship

System, Torpedox2, Crewx2

New: Title, crew, wookiee warhead

&

Resistance Transport w/Rear Fire Arc

Missle, Torpedo, Crewx3

New: Resistance Only crew,

SCUM:

"Shadow Caster"

Turret, Cannon, Torpedo, Bomb, Crew, Iliicit.

New: Black Sun crew, Illicitx3

&

Jabba's "Star Jewel" (Epic)

Dock/Deploy rules for M3-A and Z-95s.

Alternate paint Scyk fighter.

New: Scyk Fix, Repurpose GR-75.

-FFG is in for the money, so a Falcon with Rey is entirely possible. I would not like it, but I see it. Getting more people into the game, esp the ones who only have seen TFA.

Could be cool with a Resistance Leia crew with some nice ability so she actually is fielded.

-Scurrg for Scum. Rebels have K, Y, and the universal bomber Sabine. Imps have Tie bomber, Punishiest, CS31. S&V has Y, CS31, but no heavy bomber. Apart from the question why syndicates or pirates would want a heavy bomber, it is already in Armada. It might come with some bomb power pushing upgrade, so that people buy it even when not playing S&V buy it (like AT & Viper).