Sign in to follow this  
Dread Pirate Robins

Deadly Nightshade Tuber!

One of my 12-year-old daughters is getting into Armada. She likes to play the Rebel side, and I wanted to get another ship to help off-set some recent additions I've made to the Empire. I was at my FLGS and Lyraeus was there, so I asked him whether I should get the MC30c or the Assault Frigate Mark II. He recommended the latter, because it is forgiving of people who fly a bit on the erratic yet enthusiastic side.

I get home, pull it out of the bag, and show it to her. She clapped enthusiastically and said, "A Deadly Nightshade Tuber!!!"

Nicknames like The Whale and Space Potato are so 2015.

What other nicknames do people have for this odd-looking creature?

One of my 12-year-old daughters is getting into Armada. She likes to play the Rebel side, and I wanted to get another ship to help off-set some recent additions I've made to the Empire. I was at my FLGS and Lyraeus was there, so I asked him whether I should get the MC30c or the Assault Frigate Mark II. He recommended the latter, because it is forgiving of people who fly a bit on the erratic yet enthusiastic side.

I get home, pull it out of the bag, and show it to her. She clapped enthusiastically and said, "A Deadly Nightshade Tuber!!!"

That is a new one for the Guppy

Great story, your daughter is cool, but, um, why is she well versed in one of the most deadly plants on the planet? What are you people doing with your spare time? :P

Great story, your daughter is cool, but, um, why is she well versed in one of the most deadly plants on the planet? What are you people doing with your spare time? :P

You are asking a person who has a daughter who is well versed in poisonous botany to explain themselves... I question the wisdom of this decision... :P 

You are asking a person who has a daughter who is well versed in poisonous botany to explain themselves... I question the wisdom of this decision... :P

My thoughts exactly.

And I envy you, sir. My daughter is only three. Though whenever she sees my Armada or X-Wing stuff, she declares it "Pretty cool."

I introduced a friend to the game last night, and we unpackaged my AF2...he and my other friend, neither whom had seen it before, commented that it looked like a ship that had the back blown off, and someone said, "Let's seal it off, and put an engine and a spoiler on it!"

I've come to know it as "The ugly duckling" of my fleet, especially if you flip the tail like Lyraeus said. It looks like an oversized fledgling trying to fly! :)

I find that I HATE the negative space when the tail is down. flipping it makes that much more bearable. 

And just like that I realized how I will die.

And just like that I realized how I will die.

Don't eat or drink anything. Ever again.