• Virago (1)
  • Accuracy Corrector (3)

Talonbane Cobra (28)

• Predator (3)

Kavil (24)

• BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
  • Twin Laser Turret (6)

Total points: 96/100

What do you think? C/C welcome. I would like to add more, but I'm not sure what to add.

I've recently been using a similar list only with palob in place of kavil. Both have their merits but I feel palob compliments the other two better.

You'll get much more mileage from guri with predator + autothrusters. Or lonewolf although I can never seem to make it worth the investment. 

On talonbane I really feel he needs the repositioning of engine upgrade and VI too, otherwise hes a complete one hit wonder. 

Kavil needs to lose the title, it literally runs contra to his very existence. Give him R4 aggromech for a lean build. Otherwise you can run him with predator, unhinged astro and engines. 

Edited by Carnor Rex

Here's my take on this build

Talonbane

Glitterstim

Guri

Lone Wolf

Virago

Autothrusters

Sensor Jammer

Kavil

TLT

Unhinged Astro

If your not giving Kavil an Engine Upgrade, you can forget the title. I like Unhinged on Kavil as it gives him a little more manuever options to get a target in range 2-3.

Guri I like kitting out in this fashion. A very good in-close fighter and SJ helps with some defense as does LW if you can activate it.

Edited by General Mayhem

My Guri trio is:

Guri:Pred,AT,Title,SJ-40pts

Palob:EH,TLT,Bossk-30pt

The last 30 points I had trouble deciding on. Talonbane with Glitterstim (Cloaking Device when available) was one option, which is closest to your list. But I ended up deciding on -

Laetin:Title, HLC, Stealth Device-30pt

I know most people don't like Sycks,but it's all about target priority. Palob hate is strong, which leaves some time for Laetin to do some work. Either way, if you leave Guri for last,she'll make you pay for it.

My Guri trio is:

Guri:Pred,AT,Title,SJ-40pts

Palob:EH,TLT,Bossk-30pt

The last 30 points I had trouble deciding on. Talonbane with Glitterstim (Cloaking Device when available) was one option, which is closest to your list. But I ended up deciding on -

Laetin:Title, HLC, Stealth Device-30pt

I know most people don't like Sycks,but it's all about target priority. Palob hate is strong, which leaves some time for Laetin to do some work. Either way, if you leave Guri for last,she'll make you pay for it.

Man I dig this variant, mostly because your guri is full loadout. I run VI/EU cobra but that laetin build looks really solid actually. Similar damage output to TBC and probably more durable. Nice.

This is how I would run Talonbane & Guri:

Talonbane Cobra

Crack Shot

Glitterstim

Guri

Predator

Virago

Autothrusters

Sensor Jammer

Palob

TLT

Recon Spec

Palob over Kavil for several reasons:

1. Palob & Sensor Jammer is fun

2. TLT RecSpec deals incredibly consistent dmg

3. Palob can turtle very easily with up to 3 focus tokens per turn

seriously, who would put the btl title on Kavil???. You might as well have a syndicate thug and save on the points....

He might be new or just made a mistake! But yes - BTL-A4 title negates Kavil's ability.

I put Talon Bane in a list anticipating he is a 1 hit wonder, so I build him based off getting that one shot to count, so I go crackshot and glitter with him so there's no reason not to target lock.

Yea I think that's the best way to play him. Talonbane isn't so much of an ace as he is a living torpedo. One-time use in many cases.

Rush into combat. Alpha something down immediately. Best way to keep Talonbane alive is to kill something first.

VI EU stims has been good to me. Moving last with repositioning prolongs his lifespan and helps to get those range 1 shots. Not stupid good like some other 35 pt ships out there but solid and hits like a truck.

Edited by Carnor Rex

That's true - EU works if you have Glitterstim. I'm just always scared of overloading TC with points because he will die. He's kind of like the Wedge of Scum, and I've always tried to avoid loading Wedge up with too many upgrades.

I have seen a couple predator Talonbane posts up today. I want to mention that glitterstim crackshot is always better than predator on Talonbane. The Khiraxz champ is always in a do or die position and crackshot is all do. With glitter Talonbane can opt for target lock and still have the focus effect. This lets him have the hot turn when you choose and potentially buys him an extra round or three of life. Predator at most modifies 2 reds. Glitter and target lock gives you the whole shebang. If you want to see fireworks run him with glitter crack. It's hard to imagine the quality of shot that comes out of glitter crack homing missile if you haven't seen it done.

I have seen a couple predator Talonbane posts up today. I want to mention that glitterstim crackshot is always better than predator on Talonbane. The Khiraxz champ is always in a do or die position and crackshot is all do. With glitter Talonbane can opt for target lock and still have the focus effect. This lets him have the hot turn when you choose and potentially buys him an extra round or three of life. Predator at most modifies 2 reds. Glitter and target lock gives you the whole shebang. If you want to see fireworks run him with glitter crack. It's hard to imagine the quality of shot that comes out of glitter crack homing missile if you haven't seen it done.

If you want a cheapo Talonbane, then yes, glitter + crack is the way to go.  He's a 31 pt cruise missile you point at the enemy and hope to deal as much or more damage than it takes to end him (which won't be long).

Predator + Glitter + Engine on the other hand is a Talonbane you expect to live longer.  You can boost into R1 and pop glitter and still have near fully modified 5 dice thanks to predator (can't do that with crack + glitter).  Ideally your boost takes you out of at least some arcs so TBC isn't dead from return fire.  Then you try to do it again later on...and again...and again (well, ideally).

Personally, I'd rather have Xizor or maybe even Guri, but they don't have the same PS or same hitting power as TBC, so I can see the appeal that he offers...

seriously, who would put the btl title on Kavil???. You might as well have a syndicate thug and save on the points....

LOL whoops. When I put this together I saw Kavil's ability and the title separately; didn't put much thought into how they would work together.

Blade your Talonbane stuff sounds like the opinions of the cluster missiles are good folks that I totally disagree with. Maybe I'm not good at this game, or maybe I am unlucky. Expecting to arc dodge with a boost on Talon is wishful thinking.

Blade your Talonbane stuff sounds like the opinions of the cluster missiles are good folks that I totally disagree with. Maybe I'm not good at this game, or maybe I am unlucky. Expecting to arc dodge with a boost on Talon is wishful thinking.

It depends on the situation. He's not an arc-dodger per se, but like Poe, he can kite if he needs to, or use a long move + boost to get around an arc or two and avoid focussed fire. Sometimes that's enough. It really depends on your opponent's position and your other ships, but basically, the idea is if in the first turn your opponent shoots up TBC but doesn't kill him, next turn you can be pretty sure he's going to continue after TBC, which gives you a bit of an edge in terms of positioning (because you know where his ships will WANT to move in order to shoot at TBC again). It might allow you to put your other ships in good firing positions,, or at the least, force your opponent to shoot at something else, thus splitting their fire and allowing TBC to come back into the fight on a different angle, possibly even behind the enemy if they turn to deal with your other ships...

I have been running a lot of Talonbane recently with mixed success. I am of the camp that thinks he really needs Engine to boost into range 1 from time to time. I was running him with PTL to both focus and boost. Works, but he does not have many green opinions. I am also starting to focus on a list that only had 34 points available. I ran Glitterstim a bit. It worked for the one-hit-wonder build, but I would prefer him to last for more than one round of shooting.

For the last week, I have swapped out Glitterstim for Expert Handling and he had survived much better. His damage output has suffered as he cannot both dodge arcs AND focus or pop dice-Vigra, but 5 unmodified dice usually (not always) pushes some damage through. It has also helped some with the Palp-aces builds that are using advanced targeting computer. It does not help much with VI Vader, but it helps with the rest.

He is far from erfect, and I thing Rebels and Imperial have better options st 34-35 points, but there just are not as many options for Scum right now.

Edited by balindamood

I had almost same idea, Just tried to use some new stuff:

Today u tested this:

StarViper: · Guri (30)

Push The Limit (3)

· Virago (1)

Advanced Sensors (3)

· Cloaking Device (2)

M3-A Interceptor: · Serissu (20)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Hull Upgrade (3)

"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)

Tractor Beam (1)

Kihraxz Fighter: · Talonbane Cobra (28)

Rage (1)

Engine Upgrade (4)

And it runs well. I have some thoughts. I need more damage, so i came up with this:

StarViper: · Guri (30)

Push The Limit (3)

Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)

Autothrusters (2)

· Virago (1)

Advanced Sensors (3)

· Cloaking Device (2)

Kihraxz Fighter: · Talonbane Cobra (28)

Rage (1)

Engine Upgrade (4)

M3-A Interceptor: Cartel Spacer (14)

Hull Upgrade (3)

"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)

Tractor Beam (1)

Tractor is really great, same as cloaking with advanced sensors. I fly theese ships mostly alone, So Serissu isnt as great, only ps 10. But ten i lack damage. What do you think?

Edited by Cosmopolitanchykowianechka

Cobra With boost is solid. The comparison to wedge is accurate but that's not all bad. They both need other similar threats to keep target priority off them. Speaking of I've been meaning to try cobra with cloak though I think it's gonna be unreliable.

Ya I posted that without hitting refresh, didn't see your post Cosmo..

I like your list but I feel that APT would be better as a HLC on the scyk. I've tried CD on adv sensor PtL guri and it blew my mind. Sick moves but not necessary I think. Do you use it mainly to survive the approach?