Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

A petition concerning the Jumpmaster

Call it what you want. I'll choose to ignore any of the cute internet names people have for ships.

All it does is create confusion for new players in an already advanced game with many rules and abilities to grasp. I am teaching several new players the game and I see it first hand.

Edited by Chief Hugh

Call it what you want. I'll choose to ignore any of the cute internet names people have for ships.

All it does is create confusion for new players in an already advanced game with many rules and abilities to grasp. I am teaching several new players the game and I see it first hand.

I still can't find a definitive answer for what a "stress-hog" is.

But I do like the pun on the shape of the Jumpmaster, coupled with it delivering torpedoes.  Funny.

"Warthog" is a popular name for a Y-wing with a turret upgrade (originally an Ion Cannon Turret, but now also including Twin Laser Turret) and the BTL-A4 title. "Stresshog" is the Rebel variant that also brings R3-A2 along as the astromech, effectively letting you deal two stress in a single turn.

Sharing fun nicknames with other players creates a sense of inclusion and belonging.

We typically refer to this as "a community."

Can we all agree that the generic torpedo carrier variant should be called a u-boat?

I was expecting to read some sort of crazy online petition to get FFG to change something about something in the Punishing One kit.   It really made me smile to read this instead.   :)

Sharing fun nicknames with other players creates a sense of inclusion and belonging.

We typically refer to this as "a community."

Also, jargon gets used because it's an efficient way of communicating a complex concept. When I'm taking to other X-Wing nerds it's way, way easier to refer to a "Stresshog" than to "A Y-Wing with a turret upgrade typically but not always Twin Laser Turret, plus the BTL-A4 title and R3-A2 Astromech". Yes, of course that can have the effect of creating a barrier for new players trying to get into the game but in a very real sense that's kind of not my problem.

Yes, but you likely also address your wife as Mrs <insert last name>.   :P  Some find that cute names bring us all closer together.

That being said, I always detested "bro-bots". Hate it so much, although I've been guilty of using it myself.

Edited by serrate

Where's the petition? I refuse to sign it. Why would we glorify a Nazi submarine just because the Jumpmaster is roughly shaped like the letter U? Or is it a C? Or an N?

U-boats were "unterseeboots." A Jumpmaster is not a submarine. The analogy is childlike and silly. 

But I do like the pun on the shape of the Jumpmaster, coupled with it delivering torpedoes.  Funny.

Also, that Dengar is brown and wrapped in paper.

Flushmaster 5000

I have decided the engine sound is something like "ka-WHOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHhhhhhh"

"Warthog" is a popular name for a Y-wing with a turret upgrade (originally an Ion Cannon Turret, but now also including Twin Laser Turret) and the BTL-A4 title. "Stresshog" is the Rebel variant that also brings R3-A2 along as the astromech, effectively letting you deal two stress in a single turn.

Also want to add that the term "Warthog" nickname used to describe that Y-Wing setup came because people began comparing the Y-Wing to an A10 Thunderbolt who has the same nickname: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Republic_A-10_Thunderbolt_II

Where's the petition? I refuse to sign it. Why would we glorify a Nazi submarine just because the Jumpmaster is roughly shaped like the letter U? Or is it a C? Or an N?

U-boats were "unterseeboots." A Jumpmaster is not a submarine. The analogy is childlike and silly.

This is the second time I've encountered a post of yours in which I can't tell if you are being serious, trying to be funny or if it's a bit and you are just trolling. If you are serious I think you need to lighten up and enjoy life more.

The analogy is childlike and silly. 

So are grown men playing with plastic toy ships and having temper tantrums when they aren't previewed when you want them to be.

I'm calling them U-boats.

You, sir, are a Fizzle.

fg_ep041_15.jpg

Edited by loki_tbc