Sign in to follow this  
Mu0n729

X-Wing vassal module v5.6.6 is now available

Usual links
X-Wing guide to installing and playing:  http://s93768914.onlinehome.us/xwing/

jm5k.png

Cliffsnotes of what's new with this one?
  • JumpMaster5000 now fully playable (ship + dial + move ref card)

NOT READY YET: undocking mechanism for YV-666, WIP Gozanti, VCX-100, TIE ships, Attack Shuttle, Z-95

WAVE 8 STATUS: Not completely in, a few pilots and upgrades are missing.

When will wave 8 be complete

Probably when the ships hit the market, unless someone grabs them earlier than most and provides the missing information to me; otherwise I'll just deal with it myself. I have a local store that's fairly quick in selling the newest ships compared with the rest of the country, but I do live in Canada, so there's a small delay compared to the US.

Once I have the remaining items for Wave 8, a new medium release will come out, numbered 5.7.0.

Segnor's Loop 2

2sloops.png

List of all changes

@Mu0n:

Additions - ships

• JumpMaster 5000 now playable (ship, dial)

Additions - cards

• Contracted Scout (JM5k pilot)

• Manaroo (JM5k pilot)

• Tel Trevura (JM5k pilot)

• Attanni Mindlink (Elite talent)

• Rage (Elite talent)

• R5-P8 (salvaged astromech)

• Boba Fett (crew)

• Dengar (crew)

• Gonk (crew)

Bug squashing

• Large Ship Segnor’s Loop Right 2 command now part of the S-Loop submenu instead of lost in the main right click list.

• Generic K-Wing ship graphic didn’t have a turret symbol (oops, remade the gfx, forgot to put it in - it'll come next time)

@radarman5 - art stuff:

Additions - ship art

• G-1A ship art extraction and cleanup from FFG previews

Additions - cards

• JumpMaster 5000 Maneuver reference card

@Ripamaster:

Processing

• All pilot and upgrade cards part of this update were converted to JPG and censored
Edited by Mu0n

Interesting. Care to elaborate what Glitterstim does for Guri? Punch it when you're r2 or when you're scared for her?

Basically when it looks like she'll be focus fired.

I've flown Guri with it before and it's iffy when it works. So I'll have to see if it works flying alongside Dengar or not.

Hey MuOn,

Can I make a suggestion.     Whoever is creating all the ships is doing a great job.

However, it would be much easier for everyone if when he releases an update it includes all ship for that faction rather than just a a few.       It a pain trying to ensure you have all ships updated, when you have multiple ships from different versions.  

As a helpful choice, when a ship is updated just put all ships in the update file.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "ship".

Do you mean the ships you can pull out from the Pieces window?

Do you mean the logfile that gets made by Gary after every update that facilitates squad building?

Do you mean the pilot card?

Maybe I'm just being dense this afternoon because I'm tired but idgi.

I really like your list, Megasilver! Just Gunner seems like a bit out of place with Dengar's ability... Is there anything else that we could substitute it for? Maybe not, but I'll have to think on it.

Thanks Muon.  As a father of two kids under 2, I'm extremely grateful that Vassal exists and is relentlessly maintained.  If it wasn't, my current X-wing experience would be limited to reading previews. *clink in tip jar*

Hopefully, someone can help me out with problem loading the newest module.  I downloaded and used 'open module' from main Vassal screen.  It appears to unpack for some time with progress meter, but then meter disappears and I get spinning icon.  Doesn't say program is 'not responding' but it doesn't complete the load and add it to the module list.

I've closed program but the new module is not there upon reentry.  Thoughts?

That long process is vassal's image cacheing operation. It has to be completed. It's not normal that the program crashed while doing this, but on the other hand, if you're like me, you'll do other stuff in other programs (ie browser) while you wait. I use windows and when I suspect it's done, I have to minimize all windows to check up on vassal's status (otherwise it's hidden deep in the background, under every other program).

For your module to "stick" and appear in your launcher window for good, these events need to ALL happen:

-cacheing process done

-module has been opened

-module has been closed properly

If not, you have to redo it all from scratch.

I really like your list, Megasilver! Just Gunner seems like a bit out of place with Dengar's ability... Is there anything else that we could substitute it for? Maybe not, but I'll have to think on it.

I've updated it by taking out Glitterstim on Guri and giving Dengar Engine Upgrade. Glad I did, as Boosting after a 2 sloop is sweet.

There were times in my game that Triggering Gunner prompted my opponent to attack Dengar over attacking my hurt Guri, which was my intention.

But generally, if I'm out of arc, I won't get to trigger his ability, so might as well as Gunner. Though in that game I kept in arc the entire time. Flying Dengar felt like flying a Brobot.

End game, I used Guri to block Mangler Dash. Dengar came into R1 and roll 3h1c, which took off all his shields. Dash shot back, but i blocked. Then, I rolled 3h1c to retaliate, and Dash went boom. Dengar's sweet!