Sign in to follow this  
pbpanchotest

Punishing One Preview!

Ships like brobots and firesprays are hard to compare but both are more durable and cost significantly less.

You are quite simply wrong there. Both of those cost more than Dengar without the title, a 2 attack Dengar is actually fairly decent. 12 points to bump his primary attack to 3 dice is completely fair.

Han at base cost has the same primary turret cost 1 more then dengar and title but has 4 more hull.

And one less evade dice, and a less useful special ability.

RAC has zero evade yes but has 7 more hull and no you are wrong he is still more durable then dengar with title and only costs 1 more.

No he's not, the math backs up what he said.
You are basically wrong on everything you wrote.

I'm not comparing base dengar because the debate isn't about dengar as I've stated numerous times. The point is the title is overcosted. A 2 atk dengar is decent and I've said that already. The problem is the title and that's easy to see why when you compare it on dengar to similar ships.

Han ability to reroll atk is useful every turn and useful on every atk such as gunner dengar ability is situational at best and requires your opponent to stay in your arc and fire at dengar. You will be hard pressed to make use of this ability more then 2x a game unless you are facing a swarm list.

Redo that math buddy 2 evade doesn't make up 7 hull.

I don't get rage, for most ships I'd assume PTL lock+focus is just much better, and for 2-shot ships (like TLT) I think I'd prefer things like predator or juke instead of getting double stressed. 

Bobba OTOH is awesome and I can see Mandalorian merc with Bobba and 2 Homers (+ PTL and EU, perhaps?) becoming a thing. Pair with a Bro-less bot and you get to nuke upgrades left and right. Bye Palpy, bye stressbot, bye TLT on Miranda... this is the great equalizer card that really can mess up the meta if people take it often enough. 

I remember hearing in a podcast that MJ said that the title was perhaps 1 pt overcosted, but with the turret and double tap from Dengar it could be worth it, especially since at the time the full dial was not revealed.

Still, Dengar's well into the realm of the other PWTs, and I can't wait to fly him.

The problem is the title and that's easy to see why when you compare it on dengar to similar ships.

I already destroyed that argument and won't bother doing it again.

Prove it. I've seen the math and yes it actually does, but if you're going to claim it doesn't then let's see the math that proves me wrong.

Edited by VanorDM

I don't get rage, for most ships I'd assume PTL lock+focus is just much better, and for 2-shot ships (like TLT) I think I'd prefer things like predator or juke instead of getting double stressed. 

Bobba OTOH is awesome and I can see Mandalorian merc with Bobba and 2 Homers (+ PTL and EU, perhaps?) becoming a thing. Pair with a Bro-less bot and you get to nuke upgrades left and right. Bye Palpy, bye stressbot, bye TLT on Miranda... this is the great equalizer card that really can mess up the meta if people take it often enough. 

Rage is for rage psycho tycho maybe a few other corner cases. He reaches near soontir levels of turtling with focus, focus, evade behind 3 greens and still rerolls 3 reds!

God I wish fett could crew fett. Han shoots first? I think not.. bye bye vet instincts.

Edited by Carnor Rex

You may not understand why 2 Agility with 5/4 hit points has approximately the same value as 0 Agility with 12/4 hit points, but that doesn't change anything about the game's underlying math.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

Rage is only 1 pt when PTL is 3.  Also, not every ship has TL ability.  

Edited by heychadwick

Paul heavers beta

You may not understand why 2 Agility with 5/4 hit points has approximately the same value as 0 Agility with 12/4 hit points, but that doesn't change anything about the game's underlying math.

Especially in scum considering it comes stock with BR so it can access counter measures AND glitterstims with regen. 

So, anyone else thinking about trying the Raging 8 Tie Swarm or is it just me?  Might have to bite the bullet and drop it down to 7 to fit in Epsilon Lead, but...8 ships....

You my friend are evil. Wait I mean eval.

I remember hearing in a podcast that MJ said that the title was perhaps 1 pt overcosted, but with the turret and double tap from Dengar it could be worth it, especially since at the time the full dial was not revealed.

Still, Dengar's well into the realm of the other PWTs, and I can't wait to fly him.

we're probably going to have to approach fat Dengar completely differently from fat han and co.

he simply won't measure up i.t.o guaranteed damage cancel, because he just doesn't have c3po + evade

instead, he can conceivably attack twice :o

imo, he's no PWT as we know and despise, but a weird semi-jouster that can fall back to his turret as needed (might as well if he's not getting shot right?). He's fragile, relatively, but who the hell would want to shoot him when he's staring you down with an itchy finger on the trigger?

versus han/cheri, it's going to be an arc-battle. Imo, we're going to be seeing a lot of V.I Dengar (PS 11!!!!!!!!!!!!) in order to get the most out of his ability and, when his ability isn't necessary, his capabilities as a rolling; boosting fat ship. With crew and r4, the ship can compensate for lack of predator 

Anyone else think the Mindlink is borderline unusable on certain sorts of ships? I hope you never need to K-turn in formation...

Yeah, it kinda feels like carrying a nuclear power source around with you to charge your phone.

That said I can see it having some use. Brobots is my first thought, as if one does k-turn or s-loop the other bot has plenty of green to make sure he gets his action, and with c's free evade unstressed focus, evade, TL, gunner HLC shooting bots may become a pretty common sight.

No my math is fine here let me help you. Sounds like you need it.

1st column is evade dice rolled, then the total evades that should be generated. Numbers under hits are percentile. This is without focus.

Naked Dice 1 Hit - 2 Hit - 3 Hit - 4 Hit - 5 Hit

1 / .375 62.5 81.25 87.5 90.62 92.5

2 / .75 25 62.5 75 81.25 85

3 / 1.125 0 43.75 62.5 71.87 87.5

4 / 1.5 0 25 50 62.5 70

5 / 1.875 0 6.25 37.5 53.12 62.5

6 / 2.25 0 0 25 43.75 55

dengar ability is situational at best and requires your opponent to stay in your arc and fire at dengar. You will be hard pressed to make use of this ability more then 2x a game unless you are facing a swarm list.

You're ignoring the fact that Dengar is a PS9.  You take an initiative bid an dnow you move after a number of arc-dodgers so YOU get to decide if yhou have them in arc.  Not them.  or put VI on and now you're guaranteed to move after everyone except possibly vader depending on initiative.

dengar ability is situational at best and requires your opponent to stay in your arc and fire at dengar. You will be hard pressed to make use of this ability more then 2x a game unless you are facing a swarm list.

You're ignoring the fact that Dengar is a PS9.  You take an initiative bid an dnow you move after a number of arc-dodgers so YOU get to decide if yhou have them in arc.  Not them.  or put VI on and now you're guaranteed to move after everyone except possibly vader depending on initiative.

since when did keeping arcs on enemies become "situational"; with a white segnor's no less!

we're a spoiled generation :(

since when did keeping arcs on enemies become "situational"; with a white segnor's no less!

we're a spoiled generation :(

When people decided the planning phase made their heads go hurty so they all grabbed for the PS9+ repositioners.