Sign in to follow this  
pbpanchotest

Punishing One Preview!

I'm thinking about Attanni Mindlink and dismissed it at first thought, but I think you can do some cool things with it.  What if you have two ships that are not going the same direction?  First one does a K-turn or S-loop and grabs a stress for both of them.  The second one does a green move, clears the stress, and does a Focus....for both of them.  That seems like a pretty good deal to me.  

Gonk will be pretty cool, especially as there is no limit to the number of shield tokens you can put on him.  So, start off slow and load up on shield tokens.  Use them once per round after the battle begins instead of an action.  PTL Gonk will let you get that shield in a single turn, but also stressed.  

Rage can be really good if you have a way to remove stress that turn.  4-LOM was mentioned.  Wingman was mentioned.  It is better than PTL because it lets you re-roll 3 dice!It can also be used with ordnance if you already have the TL.  I can think of a number of ways to use Rage.   Not sure about a Tie Swarm as they only have 2 dice attacks.  Maybe if you went with elites that gave extra attacks, like Backstabber or others.  Could be really fun that way.  Throw in a Black Squadron Wingman and you are alright.  Or even two of them and you are even better!

Boba Fett card will be huge.  

R5-P8 can be used to a lot of good effects on various pilots.  

I really want to think about Dengar with Rage, Punishing One title, and Gunner.  Try to save the Gunner for the last attack to just get a lot of damage done.  Let's say Soontir shoots first at you.  You fire back and strip tokens.  Your turn and you fire again.  If you miss, you get to fire again.   All of them will have the Rage bonus.   Still.....not sure if you will even need the re-roll on the last shot at that point.  

Name me a ship that's as fragile as dengar with title

Firesprays and Brobots are both as fragile and they're nearly as expensive, but also lack PWT which always raises the cost of a ship.

VT-49's may have a lot more hull, but they also have zero evade dice.

fully upgraded PTL + k4 + EU Kath is 48 points; 3 more points than naked Dengar with Title

Things Boba can snipe-

PTL

TLT

R3-A2

C3P0

R2D2

Ysanne Issard

EMPEROR PALPATINE

What else?

Anything that is an upgrade.

Cannons, torpedoes, EPTs, Autothrusters.

Well, obviously, but I was more so looking for the wildly powerful things he can snipe.

IGB HLC anybody?

IG-2000 title would be the first target there.

hell no

ig-88b's ability is worthless without HLC, and it knocks them down a red die to boot!

Edited by ficklegreendice

Things Boba can snipe-

PTL

TLT

R3-A2

C3P0

R2D2

Ysanne Issard

EMPEROR PALPATINE

What else?

Anything that is an upgrade.

Cannons, torpedoes, EPTs, Autothrusters.

Well, obviously, but I was more so looking for the wildly powerful things he can snipe.

IGB HLC anybody?

Odds are, if you're flying scum and so is your opponent, it's a good idea to use Boba Fett to go after your opponent's Boba Fett.

Gonk will be pretty cool, especially as there is no limit to the number of shield tokens you can put on him.  So, start off slow and load up on shield tokens.  Use them once per round after the battle begins instead of an action.  PTL Gonk will let you get that shield in a single turn, but also stressed. 

No it won't. PtL only works off the Action Bar. You'd need to equip EI to have both Gonk Actions on the same turn.

That's 47 PTs for a 3atk turret with 9 hull

Dash with title and HLC is 48pts for 4atk turret with 10hull

Han with c3p0 or r2 is 49pts for 3atk turret rerollable with 13hull

RAC by itself is 46pts with a 3atk turret with free Crits and 16hull

Brobots by itself is 36 points with 3atk non turret with 8hull.

Again there is not a single ship in game being used competitvely at all that costs nearly 50 pts and that fragile. None zilch nada. You basically have brobot level of hull without the durability of the brobots at 11 pts higher. With that few hull you need something to make the ship durable (autothrusters, regeneration, etc) or that 50 pts will never make its points back.

The title for the punishin one is overpriced by at least 2 points.

When you talk about how fragile or durable a ship is, do you think it's a good idea to completely ignore the role of evade dice?

Nope not at all that why Han has c3p0 or r2 which is better then 2 natural evade and he still has 4 more hull.

Dash has the same evade but more hull and better primary

RAC is nearly double the hull

And brobots have nearly the same hull higher evade dice and cost significantly less even without autothrusters which is a massive upgrade defensively for them.

Edited by Gungo

Cant wait to run Boba and Greedo as crew on a YV666...for as little as 32 points you can have a stripper of upgrades :)

Take slaver with fett crew, zuckuss crew, adv homing missile! Mwahahaha poe suck it!

Edit- in fact I'm taking AHM + fett on every single hounds tooth I run. Period. Flip 2 damage on horn fine. If not then "sorry bro".. Palp? gone. 

Edited by Carnor Rex

When you talk about how fragile or durable a ship is, do you think it's a good idea to completely ignore the role of evade dice?

Nope not at all that why Han has c3p0 or r2 which is better then 2 natural evade

Right, so now we're comparing Dengar + Punishing One at 45 points to Han + C-3PO at 49 points?

I think we must disagree on what either "better" or "primary" means, but Dash + HLC + Outrider is

48 points, and Dengar's still 45.

And has 0 Agility, which is why the Jumpmaster is on average actually more durable than the Decimator, not less.

And brobots have nearly the same hull higher evade dice and cost significantly less even without autothrusters which is a massive upgrade defensively for them.

The Punishing One has a turret primary, which makes it hard to compare the two.

I think I'm done with you, at this point.

Firesprays and Brobots are both as fragile and they're nearly as expensive, but also lack PWT which always raises the cost of a ship.

And that's without taking PS9 with natural Barrel Roll into account.

Wtf seriously the firesprays aren't that competitive but let's take scum boba, he still have 10hull, same evade except gets free rerolls at range 1, his rear arc and rerolls limits the pwt advantage and he still costs 8 points less then dengar with title.

Brobots cost significantly less, have higher evade and 1 less hull and 3 atk primary. But at 8 hull the main reason people take brobots is because they are incredible hard to kill and even they are still cost much less then dengar with title.

Again bringing up the firesprays and brobots only further shows the title is overpriced. Because every ship with similar durability (or actually better) with similar hull cost less points.

Edited by Gungo

Not entirely the most economical way to spend the points, but I like this for the pure joy of one awesome attack...

Two four-dice attacks with 3 rerolls for each, and a Focus just in case.

Tycho Celchu (26)
Rage (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 36

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by Slugrage

And that's without taking PS9 with natural Barrel Roll into account.

Wtf seriously the firesprays aren't that competitive but let's take scum boba, he still have 10hull, same evade except gets free rerolls at range 1, his rear arc and rerolls limits the pwt advantage and he still costs 8 points less then dengar with title.

Brobots cost significantly less, have higher evade and 1 less hull and 3 atk primary. But at 8 hull the main reason people take brobots is because they are incredible hard to kill and even they are still cost much less then dengar with title.

Again bringing up the firesprays and brobots only further shows the title is overpriced. Because every ship with similar durability (or actually better) with similar hull cost less points.

Win much, eh?

Not entirely the most economical way to spend the points, but I like this for the pure joy of one awesome attack...

Two four-dice attacks with 3 rerolls for each, and a Focus just in case.

Tycho Celchu (26)

Rage (1)

Cluster Missiles (4)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 36

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Cluster Missiles and Rage!   Brilliant.

That's 47 PTs for a 3atk turret with 9 hull

Dash with title and HLC is 48pts for 4atk turret with 10hull

Han with c3p0 or r2 is 49pts for 3atk turret rerollable with 13hull

RAC by itself is 46pts with a 3atk turret with free Crits and 16hull

Brobots by itself is 36 points with 3atk non turret with 8hull.

Again there is not a single ship in game being used competitvely at all that costs nearly 50 pts and that fragile. None zilch nada. You basically have brobot level of hull without the durability of the brobots at 11 pts higher. With that few hull you need something to make the ship durable (autothrusters, regeneration, etc) or that 50 pts will never make its points back.

The title for the punishin one is overpriced by at least 2 points.

Nope not at all that why Han has c3p0 or r2 which is better then 2 natural evade and he still has 4 more hull.

I would argue that dash's primary isn't better.  Sure, he gets a 4 dice attack at range 2-3, but he can't attack at all at range 1.  The punishing one gets 4 dice at range 1 instead of having a donut hole and dengar can potentially shoot twice.  As for han, you can't compare han with upgrades to dengar with only the title.  It's not a valid comparison.  Naked han has more hull but less agility.  And dengar can take the Gonk droid and regen shields himself if you want.

Dengar with Title is the same cost as Mangler Dash, with an aggressive ability and PS9. Push, Unhinged, K4, Engine Upgrade. Same action economy as Dash with higher PS,meaning he can Outmaneuver Dash and most aces with little issue. Oh, and he can take a 3 straight or bank as green maneuvers,along with the Jumpmaster's green hard turns. Only weakness to dash is that he still his to worry about obstacles.

Dengar and the title are both appropriately priced. He is just as survivable as Dash Rendar because he shares a lot of the same strengths, has a high pilot skill and therefore more information when he moves, and will occasionally get to perform two attacks.

What was that about P1 being overpriced?