Sign in to follow this  
pbpanchotest

Punishing One Preview!

Fun fact: R5-P8 first appeared in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where he was under the ownership of Hondo Ohnaka's pirate gang. 

tumblr_lu2wvao1Iw1r50gqro1_500.jpg

Also, I'm seeing surprisingly little discussion on this guy. He seems like a very potent anti-Ace defense; an attack made towards his ship is a 50-50 chance of eating a damage with no green dice or evades to cancel it. I can't imagine Soontir or Corran like that very much. 

Edited by WingedSpider

Yeah, the Interceptor is hating every new development that brings in auto damage or cancels green dice. A-Wings too. 

Corran usually runs with shield regen and R5-P8 only triggers once per round, so his double tap only hazards one damage, so those beefier Rebel Aces are less troubled about that sort of thing. 

Yeah, the Interceptor is hating every new development that brings in auto damage or cancels green dice. A-Wings too. 

Corran usually runs with shield regen and R5-P8 only triggers once per round, so his double tap only hazards one damage, so those beefier Rebel Aces are less troubled about that sort of thing. 

I noted it earlier, but this kind of saddens me. I wish R5-P8 somehow designated that it can trigger twice if the attack is from the same ship.

I feel Mindlink would of been a more juices option had it of included evade tokens. This would of encouraged, to some degree at least, Syck pilots to emerge to offer other ships "free" evade tokens.

Other than that, I really like everything this wave is offering and welcome all the new ships.

I do feel that the Ghost is DOA and Dengar is two waves too late however.

I feel Mindlink would of been a more juices option had it of included evade tokens. This would of encouraged, to some degree at least, Syck pilots to emerge to offer other ships "free" evade tokens.

Other than that, I really like everything this wave is offering and welcome all the new ships.

You like the wave but think the two biggest game-changing ships in the Wave are DOA and too late?

You must be liking the Inquisitor's TIE a heck of a lot more than me! Though I am loving the G-1A a lot also.

You know, even if you aren't planning on using Dengar's Torpedo slot, you can always spend 2 pts on a Flechette Torpedo.  I've used them on Xizor a lot and they are quite good.  It's very cheap and it will stress your opponent even if you miss.  You can double stress Soontir, stress a Phantom, stress any other ace...like Poe.  Bro Bots can't do their bait and flee routine.  It's a really good card vs. aces...which we see a lot of.  

I'm trying to think on what ship Dengar would be a good crew?  I haven't gotten the Houndstooth as it hasn't captured my imagination, but it is probably a good fit.  What else would be a good use of Dengar?  HWK with TLT's sound good as TLT's are great vs the Aces.  Don't need the TL, so you can use the Focus for defense.  I even know a guy that likes Stealth Device on HWKs.  This would make that almost viable as you can just use your Focus for defense.  

You know, even if you aren't planning on using Dengar's Torpedo slot, you can always spend 2 pts on a Flechette Torpedo.  I've used them on Xizor a lot and they are quite good.  It's very cheap and it will stress your opponent even if you miss.  You can double stress Soontir, stress a Phantom, stress any other ace...like Poe.  Bro Bots can't do their bait and flee routine.  It's a really good card vs. aces...which we see a lot of.  

I'm trying to think on what ship Dengar would be a good crew?  I haven't gotten the Houndstooth as it hasn't captured my imagination, but it is probably a good fit.  What else would be a good use of Dengar?  HWK with TLT's sound good as TLT's are great vs the Aces.  Don't need the TL, so you can use the Focus for defense.  I even know a guy that likes Stealth Device on HWKs.  This would make that almost viable as you can just use your Focus for defense.  

He is a great crew for Fett in his firespray...thematic to if you've read the bounty hunter wars.

I'm trying to think on what ship Dengar would be a good crew?  

He is a great crew for Fett in his firespray...thematic to if you've read the bounty hunter wars.

I have too, unfortunately.  I didn't care for it.  I didn't like Dengar in that book at all.  That's one EU story that they can kill off, but keep all the characters from.  Redo a better version of it for a book or big screen.  

Is Gonk the first card with two actions on it? I'm just wondering whether you could set up an Experimental Gonk Interface so you could regen a shield for a stress by taking both actions?

I got powerful Dominion vibes from reading the card. Native Village anyone?

As Dominion is probably the only other game I have invested in as much as Xwing, I appreciate this comment. :)

Is Gonk the first card with two actions on it? I'm just wondering whether you could set up an Experimental Gonk Interface so you could regen a shield for a stress by taking both actions?

I got powerful Dominion vibes from reading the card. Native Village anyone?

As Dominion is probably the only other game I have invested in as much as Xwing, I appreciate this comment. :)
I regret that, as always, a new preview being released has run me out of Likes for the day. DOMINION-PLAYING X-WINGERS REPRESENT.

You like the wave but think the two biggest game-changing ships in the Wave are DOA and too late?

You must be liking the Inquisitor's TIE a heck of a lot more than me! Though I am loving the G-1A a lot also.

Reason I believe the Ghost is DOA in a competitive sense is that it is a large base ship with zero agility and can only fire forwards unless the other ship you have is docked inside you. If you want, try playing a Decimator that can only fire forwards and see how long it lasts against the current meta of ships. It doesn't and its only going to get worse from there in my opinion.

In a wave whereby ordinance alpha strikes are going to be a thing as well as TLT, it just won't have the muscle to last long enough. As an example 4 TLT ships will strip 8 health off it in a single turn, never activate the ED due to the damage cap and you won't put out enough damage to stop it in the three turns it takes for them to finish you off. Considering that you will only have the Ghost and another single ship on the board at the time, its not like you have a lot of options.

Build wise, you will struggle to fit more than 3 ships in a list and won't have any real control mechanics. Due to Hera being 40 points base and Ezra 20, that is a large chunk of your list before you even put upgrades on them so no chance to build any real counters to other lists. You are relying on raw dice and that just doesn't work for me in my games.

Additionally, having watched an Aggressor, effectively the most defensive large base ship in the game presently, be made redundant due to stress and its inability to turn round effectively without the S-Sloop or turn and boost combo makes me think the Ghost is going to suffer the same problem, just way before the mountain of stress arrives on it.

I just think the Ghost is going to be more for thematic play or Epic, where it will be able to spend multiple turns just pointing and shooting. Anything else and it gets out flown.

I am more than happy to be proven wrong however once it hits the table but honestly, I just don't see it being anything more than a gimmick for those that watch the show.

Reason I believe the Ghost is DOA in a competitive sense is that it is a large base ship with zero agility and can only fire forwards unless the other ship you have is docked inside you.

you have some good points, but people declared the Shuttle DOA as well, not for the same exact reasons but there was little question here it was never going to be seen at tournaments.

The point being, until the ship is actually released it's hard to make any serious judgments about it.