Sign in to follow this  
pbpanchotest

Punishing One Preview!

Wait no, Boba triggers when you are dealt a face up card from an attack.

Per the preview card, it says "After performing an attack..." so it wouldn't trigger until after the attack phase was completely over.

Integrated Astromech however says "When you are dealt a card" so the moment that face up damage card is dealt, you can eject the astro and discard the damage card. So while Boba still triggers, you no longer have an astromech for him to target.

That means he could get rid of the IA upgrade but that would be pointless so you'd lose Boba for nothing. So if the only upgrades on the X-Wing are a astro and IA, then Boba can't really do much.

Just want to confirm, Boba crew can only be used when the ship carrying him causes the face-up damage.... right?

Or can he be used even when someone else causes the crit?

Always on the ship that's carrying it, unless otherwise specified, such as Jan Ors crew.

Just want to confirm, Boba crew can only be used when the ship carrying him causes the face-up damage.... right?

Or can he be used even when someone else causes the crit?

It's just the ship carrying Boba Fett.

(Upgrades are always limited in scope to the ship carrying them, unless the card specifies otherwise.)

EDIT: Serious :ph34r: outbreak.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

So he's only good against non-IA X-Wings that want to keep their droid

Well sorta... You can make the X-Wing eject the astromech before they really want to. Consider Wedge with R2-D2. You roll <hit> <hit> <crit> and he rolls blanks. You remove the 2 shields, and then deal a face up damage card. At that point Wedge either ejects R2 or Boba will remove it.

If I was flying wedge, unless it was a Direct Hit! I'd rather keep R2 and try to regen some shields. So there's some use from Boba just in forcing someone to do something becuase if they don't they'll lose it anyway.

Or in other words they see Boba and suffer from premature ejection...

Edited by VanorDM

Anyone else think the Mindlink is borderline unusable on certain sorts of ships? I hope you never need to K-turn in formation...

Mass Mindlink is absolutely going to be a terrible idea. Limited to certain pilots, it's not so bad. The best candidates IMO are probably Manaroo (for reasons posted above, plus has a white S-Loop for safely turning around), Kavil (works great in conjunction with an R4 Agromech), Leechos (TL, steal focus from Mindlinked ship, that ship gets focus back), either of the HWK pilots, and lists where you're only running IG88 with another ship.
Also don't forget GHOST and PHANTOM with pilots like Ezra and Kanan or crew upgrades like Hera, Chopper or Ezra, they excel under stress.

You take a cheap ma-1 keep at back - gonk lets you charge up shields and mid game - action take regen if needed and focus via mind link is how I think it's been thought how to be used.

So you regen main ship and still have focus to play hard ball - if your ma-1 is still around or maybe take a y wing as your focus tank. Bit more points but will hang around longer

Edited by Redsamurai

(stuff)

No my math is fine here let me help you. Sounds like you need it.

Dash with title and HLC is 48pts for 4atk turret with 10hull

Dash has the same evade but more hull and better primary

This is priceless. I can't tell which is my favorite part:

- Not knowing (caring?) what "hull" means in the context of this game.

- That resulting in the claim that Dash (at 5 hull) has "more hull" than the JM5K (also at 5 hull).

- The claim that Dash has a "better primary" at 2 vs. JM5K... also at 2.

- Giving Vorpal Sword of all people sass because "my math is fine."

I can't tell if I should ignore or subscribe to the newsletter! /popcorn

9 damage is 18 attack dice without focus on average.

Which is 6 three dice attacks.... Which is 12 defense dice - 6 attacks at 2 agi). Which is 4.5 evades.... So. We're only halfway into Dengar here. I need another 9 attack dice, which is 3 more attacks.... And another 2.25 evades.... Oh man. Ok, I can do this... Dengar is now at 15.75 hull + evades into 13.5 damage.... So to do that last 2.25 damage I need 4.5 dice... So 2 more attacks, (6 dice). Yielding 1.5 evades into 3 damage... Crap, he might be alive, but is probably dead since there is no such thing as fractional damage...

So, 11 attacks... That's 16.5 damage... On average, that's enough to definitely kill a decimator, but we need 12 attacks to "definitely" kill our punishing one. Huh... Look at that.

Edited by Ravncat

Manaroo can transfer enemy TLs to another ship? Sweet.

Could Soontir + Rage and a couple BSP with Wingman be a thing?

He would get 3 focuses...

Well...at least Soontir kinda has a choice of EPTs now...that Fett can make him lose.

Things Boba can snipe-

PTL

TLT

R3-A2

C3P0

R2D2

Ysanne Issard

EMPEROR PALPATINE

What else?

lots of people already said ANYTHING.  There is no reason not to take him in Scum if there a crew slot on any of your ships. 

I may be late to this party, but isn't the build in the preview solid? Gonk is crew, R5-P8 is an astromech? 

It's scary good.  It's almost exactly what Scum needed to look more competitive.  A lot of these things without that restriction would be bonkers. 

Manaroo can transfer enemy TLs to another ship? Sweet.

Could Soontir + Rage and a couple BSP with Wingman be a thing?

He would get 3 focuses...

Well...at least Soontir kinda has a choice of EPTs now...that Fett can make him lose.

Things Boba can snipe-

PTL

TLT

R3-A2

C3P0

R2D2

Ysanne Issard

EMPEROR PALPATINE

What else?

lots of people already said ANYTHING.  There is no reason not to take him in Scum if there a crew slot on any of your ships. 

If you have an unused crew slot perhaps.  There's plenty of reasons not to use him as Scum with a crew slot, becauset here's a whole lot of fantastic crew options.  Even on a YV with 3 crew slots he's not an auto-include.