Sign in to follow this  
pbpanchotest

Punishing One Preview!

But fat dengar doesn't negate damage like Han and doesn't boost all over the place like Dash. He just jousts really well... for a PWT.

Fat Dengar can have a regenerating Gonk.

Which requires 2 actions to actually regenerate anything... so isn't exactly R2D2. 

Sure, but you can build up 3, 4, 5 tokens at the start of the game if you want (if you slow play/turn away from the opponent at the start), which means you get a number of shields regened without taking 2 actions each later.  And i fyou do Experimental Interface you should be able to do both actions in 1 turn at the cost of a stress (and no other actions).  Or still get a focus/tl/whatever while regening a shield.

A better comparison for Dengar would be the Dash, stats-wise.

Still cheaper than a typical HLC Dash. If you do HLC, Kenan, PtL and EU, he's 57 points.

But fat dengar doesn't negate damage like Han and doesn't boost all over the place like Dash.

He'll negate damage fairly well actually, and Dengar has the same action bar that Dash does. Focus, TL and Barrel Roll. Only thing Dash can do is ignore rocks.

Dengar has similar stats to Dash, a IMO better special ability. Plus he has PS9 vs PS7, but costs 3 points less. So is 12 points for a 3 dice PWT really that much worse than a 7 point HLC with a range 1 donut hole?

12 point HLC, Outrider is 5 points as well.

swx42_dial.png

I guess, the asymmetrical maneuver dial is wrong!

The left 3 bank maneuver is white, but the right 3 bank maneuver is also white.

I think, it should be red! Or the left 3 bank maneuver should be green!

???

It doesn't matter because you stick unhindged on it and most of the dial is then green.

swx42_dial.png

I guess, the asymmetrical maneuver dial is wrong!

The left 3 bank maneuver is white, but the right 3 bank maneuver is also white.

I think, it should be red! Or the left 3 bank maneuver should be green!

???

At that long range the ship flies as well in either direction. 

On shorter range the thrust of the engines makes it easier to turn left than right.

I’m glad the majority of upgrades is scum only except for rage which really isn't game changing. 

...Pretty happy that I don’t have to pick up this expansion :P 

I just gotta find a way to get those guidance chimps! 

I distrust anyone who doesn't have the commitment to buy at least one, if not 3 of EVERYTHING.

.....come to the dark side.

I just noticed the generic has an EPT slot :o

Yeah its nice isnt it? Also, for 25 points, it almost has the efficiency of a generic b-wing with a slightly better dial ;) You can run one as a filler for your list :P

Which requires 2 actions to actually regenerate anything... so isn't exactly R2D2.

True, but you don't have to do a green maneuver to use it either. I mean the E-Wing has 4 greens, X-Wing has 3, the Y-Wing has 2. So it's not like you can use R2-D2 at will without consequence. Or with the other regen droid you have skip using your focus for both attack and defense.

you need k4 (robo dengar) to not cause a paradox up there

Yeah its nice isnt it? Also, for 25 points, it almost has the efficiency of a generic b-wing with a slightly better dial ;) You can run one as a filler for your list :P

it almost has the efficiency of a generic K-wing, you mean

the difference between 2 and 3 dice is massive

Edited by ficklegreendice

Yeah, but the dial... :)

I'm going to guess that Overc-  Agr- is a scum version of Integrated Astromech.

Overcharged Agromech

When attacking, you may discard your salvaged astromech upgrade to (something offensive)

• turn blank to hit?
  • roll an extra die?
  • add a crit result?

Yeah, but the dial... :)

...won't matter when you hit as hard as an obsidian squadron

it's going to need upgrades to function, but from there it's got such a wild array of upgrade slots that the world is your oyster

as filler, I'd probably go for "bumper cars" which is just the Scout with int agent, intimidation, feedback and possibly APL (30-32 points)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Anyone else think the Mindlink is borderline unusable on certain sorts of ships? I hope you never need to K-turn in formation...

Mass Mindlink is absolutely going to be a terrible idea. Limited to certain pilots, it's not so bad. The best candidates IMO are probably Manaroo (for reasons posted above, plus has a white S-Loop for safely turning around), Kavil (works great in conjunction with an R4 Agromech), Leechos (TL, steal focus from Mindlinked ship, that ship gets focus back), either of the HWK pilots, and lists where you're only running IG88 with another ship.
Also don't forget GHOST and PHANTOM with pilots like Ezra and Kanan or crew upgrades like Hera, Chopper or Ezra, they excel under stress.

Anyone else think the Mindlink is borderline unusable on certain sorts of ships? I hope you never need to K-turn in formation...

Mass Mindlink is absolutely going to be a terrible idea. Limited to certain pilots, it's not so bad. The best candidates IMO are probably Manaroo (for reasons posted above, plus has a white S-Loop for safely turning around), Kavil (works great in conjunction with an R4 Agromech), Leechos (TL, steal focus from Mindlinked ship, that ship gets focus back), either of the HWK pilots, and lists where you're only running IG88 with another ship.
Also don't forget GHOST and PHANTOM with pilots like Ezra and Kanan or crew upgrades like Hera, Chopper or Ezra, they excel under stress.

It's Scum Only, so no Mindlink'ed Phantoms and Ghosts.

I've also just thought if Boba destroys an astromech on an X-Wing with integrated astromech...

The X-Wing could eject the astromech before Boba goes off. Boba happens after an attack IA happens when you're dealt a card.

Wait no, Boba triggers when you are dealt a face up card from an attack. So does IA (any card).

So based on the consensus on Boba vs Chewie, Boba could ditch your droid BEFORE you can, stopping you removing it to get rid of the damage card. Or he could ditch IA and stop you ever ditching your droid and keeping the card that was dealt.

Right?

Dude dengar is nearly a 50pt ship just with him the title and a decent ept. That's ridiculously expensive for a 9hull/shield ship. It's not like his ability is garuanteed to work every turn either. That's just way to expensive. You will be lucky to ever make his points back before he dies especially as he basically becomes he center of your list. If you try to make him more durable your just taxing on more points and making him 50+ points which is unheard of.

It's unheard of! Who would spend more than 50 points on a single ship?!

With 9 hull points and no regeneration I can't think of a single competitve build that is that fragile.

The closest comparable ship is RAC with 16 hull points.

The Jumpmaster works out to be a little more durable than the Decimator, on average, and a little less durable than the named YT-1300 pilots.

You know, the only thing I would have liked them to have done differently was to make the Contracted Scout ship along the lines of the Outer Rim Smuggler so that it had lower stats to reflect the stock nature of the ship.  I remember reading somewhere when the Millennium Falcon was introduced that it was the first ship to have different stats by pilot.  So far it is the first and only that I am aware of.

contracted-scout_ship.png

Tel Tevura, Unhinged astro, Gonk, Experimental interface.

Tel really wants Hull Upgrade sine it gives him 2 health instead of just 1, and leaves you at 2 hull instead of 1 after taking fatal damage the first time, which gives you better odds of surviving your next shot.  Also, don't forget determination (to discard pilot crits).  And I like salvaged astro over unhinged to discard a pilot crit.

I've also just thought if Boba destroys an astromech on an X-Wing with integrated astromech...

The X-Wing could eject the astromech before Boba goes off. Boba happens after an attack IA happens when you're dealt a card.

Wait no, Boba triggers when you are dealt a face up card from an attack. So does IA (any card).

So based on the consensus on Boba vs Chewie, Boba could ditch your droid BEFORE you can, stopping you removing it to get rid of the damage card. Or he could ditch IA and stop you ever ditching your droid and keeping the card that was dealt.

Right?

If both abilities trigger from taking a face-up damage card, whoever has initiative triggers their ability first.