Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Is Scum and Vill worth the purchase

Your enjoyment of scum is predicated on how willing you are to not give a ****

Stuff like ion Ys, xizor/guri and the yv666 with gunner + bossk are sledge hammers in the purest sense and won't waste time with subtlety . stuff like feedback Zs is doubly so, because they're both blunt, effective and inherently expendable

Aggressors are mostly similar, surprisingly swift and sizable weapon platforms, but their point cost requires more careful management (ditto the scum sprays)

If you like mostly not giving a ****, it's well worth a buy.

They're a bit stiff, though. Xizor/Guri's your only barrel roll (we don't talk about the scyk...) and even he isn't going to pull soontir level shenanigans (the trade off is soontir can't plow through enemies and into bumps while expecting to come out alive)

Wave 8 is even less **** giving with a Bwing equivalent and a giant torp boat masquerading as a turret

Zuckuss and 4lom crew take the theme even further by debilitating your ships to hurt theirs (which you'll do every time because scum gives no ****)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Scum is an awfully potent faction, but I think you're asking if the faction is worth more than the Epic Ships and their benefits.

What upgrades come from Epic that's played in non-Epic?

​GOZANTI

​New Pilots

????

RAIDER

TIE Advanced fix, and new pilots

Emperor Palpatine

​TRANSPORT

​R4-D6

R5-P9

Possibly some new T-65 pilots

TANTIVE

C3-P0

Han Solo

R2-Dcrew

Versus... the Scum HWKs, Y-Wings, Z-95s, Firesprays, and associated upgrades.

I'd definitely say that Scum is more worth the points, particularly if you're able to Proxy or Borrow.

As a data point, I am completely ignoring S&V. Now, auto thrusters is making me want to just get ONE star viper... but I feel bad it will go totally unused, so I guess I'll ignore that card :( I almost can see more value out of a raider or carrier than I can of adding in S&V. Myself. Similar to you, one of everything. Only dupes are things like the packs (aces), or tie/xwing ...

Considering you really want the cards from the StarViper and the Kihraxz Fighter, it makes sense to pick up Most Wanted and make other ships available for a third faction so that you can hand someone else one or the other and play.  It's a win win.

I picked up all 3 factions so that I could have a 2v2v2 match with all my friends. I need a triangular table though.

Circle also works, and is more easily convertible to non-3 matches as well.

Ooh I like that idea. Any tips on marking off the play area? Masking tape?

I picked up all 3 factions so that I could have a 2v2v2 match with all my friends. I need a triangular table though.

Whatever size it is, just use the whole thing.  Add TV Trays on the side for cards and stuff

Use an overhead light, preferably round, to cast a shadowline for you, or, trace a 55 gallon drum

Whatever size it is, just use the whole thing.  Add TV Trays on the side for cards and stuff

^Both of these work, though if you're marking off a circle, I'd recommend turning it into a Hexagon. Just take the diameter, cut that length in half, and walk it around the edge and you're done, no measuring required.

​GEOMETRY RUELZ

What kind of games do you like to play? If you're going to invest in epic, you also have to invest in time for bigger, longer games. You can spent an entire sunday afternoon playing epic. Where in normal games you can easilly fit 3-4 games in an afternoon.

That said, for me the Scum faction is al about fun and wacky stuff. They get crazy upgrades you can use one time and the pilot skills are very unique (e.g. steal tokens from enemies). Designwise they have very unqiue and cool looking ships (starviper, yv666, jumpmaster). Basically you're gettin a unique faction that brings more diversity to list building and ways of playing to a standard game of x-wing.

If you want to feel like admiral Ackbar and yell 'it's a trap!!' everytime your opponent attacks: go epic :)

I'd say Scum if you're not into epic, since the Tie Advanceds want accuracy Corrector, and Tie Fighters want crack shot, both of which are only in Scum Expansions.

I mean, you can proxy those Upgrades, but you can proxy the stuff from the Epic ships too.