Sign in to follow this  
exinfris

Tournament coming up in 2 weeks, will this list work? CnC please.

Local store tourney, expecting about 10-12 players.

I really like SV, and was wondering what you guys think of this list. It's very basic, no frills.

3x Transdosian Slaves + Anti Pursuit Lasers + Feedback Array.

That's it. Plan on flying aggressively, and getting into range 1 asap.

As I'm expecting a few TLT Y Wing list's at this tourney I thought this would be a good defense against them.

Thoughts?

Local store tourney, expecting about 10-12 players.

I really like SV, and was wondering what you guys think of this list. It's very basic, no frills.

3x Transdosian Slaves + Anti Pursuit Lasers + Feedback Array.

That's it. Plan on flying aggressively, and getting into range 1 asap.

As I'm expecting a few TLT Y Wing list's at this tourney I thought this would be a good defense against them.

Thoughts?

Looks like a fun list to me.

It is a whole lot a hull and shields to eat through!  I personally don't seem to get a lot of bang out of APLs.  You also should not have any problems hitting your opponents with a 3 attack die ship.  Maybe spend those points and crew cards and IDs.  Or even a cannon.

3x Slaver+Tactician+Outlaw Tech would be fun!

I'm not sure flying super aggressive is the way to fly this list. Once you give the enemy room to k turn in behind you may never get another shot. Sure feedback will help if they stay in range 1. I'd try and stagger your assault a little more. Send one crashing in with two behind, that blocks them flying over your lead ship easily and once they get passed your other two slavers can harass them whilst the other turns around for a few turns.

Looks like a fun list tho. Just make sure you cover your rear!!

I'm not sure flying super aggressive is the way to fly this list. Once you give the enemy room to k turn in behind you may never get another shot. Sure feedback will help if they stay in range 1. I'd try and stagger your assault a little more. Send one crashing in with two behind, that blocks them flying over your lead ship easily and once they get passed your other two slavers can harass them whilst the other turns around for a few turns.

Looks like a fun list tho. Just make sure you cover your rear!!

Hard 3s work well against k turns. If you start on the outside and turn in towards them the arc should let you still fire at them. 

Also I'd run tactician over feedback as well, and probably ion projector over APL. 

Edited by Tanarri

With the white 3 turns, YVs can turn around a lot faster than shuttles, and with the aux arcs they can probably cover each other pretty well. You might practice setting them up spaced far enough apart that when the time comes you can take the one on the right flank left, take the one on the left flank right, and either bump or stall with the one in the middle. That way you've still got shots on everybody who's trying to get behind you.

Of course, in the real world, that maneuver is going to land at least one of your ships on an obstacle, so maybe it's just pretty in my head.

I can see this being called BUS STOP or END OF THE LINE. It looks fun!

I'd probably run Ion Projectors over APLs in the interest of continuing any bumps that happen. I like Feedbacks for zip-zapping pesky IGs or Squints but I can see the case for Tacticians instead! 

Deployment and obstacles are going to be crucial to this list. Are you thinking rocks or debris?

I know my knowledge of the ship is admittedly poor, but from what I remember it's not great at turning back around. Once you get into range one, wouldn't it be easy for your opponents to have you almost permanently outmaneuvered? I would suggest staggering their approach, so only one of them is really blocking and the other two can opportunistically fire at whoever gets denied their actions. Personally I've always kinda liked APLs, even when they don't work out all that well. They can be surprisingly good against Rebel Regens, if the initiative stacks up right.

I'm actually eager to hear how this list ends up working for you, something tells me it's gonna be one of those "how you fly" lists and not a "what you fly" list.

I can see this being called BUS STOP or END OF THE LINE. It looks fun!

I'd probably run Ion Projectors over APLs in the interest of continuing any bumps that happen. I like Feedbacks for zip-zapping pesky IGs or Squints but I can see the case for Tacticians instead! 

Deployment and obstacles are going to be crucial to this list. Are you thinking rocks or debris?

Double or triple stressed aces can't focus, evade, and have a really hard time arc dodging. 

As for being easily out maneuvered if you don't run head first at your opponent with the 180 arc you should be fine. I've had people try to get behind a yv and I always had them in arc and they didn't always have a shot at me. 

Trandoshan + Tactician + Maneuvering Fins + Intel Agent = 33 points.

Tactician on the YV-666 is, as has elsewhere been pointed out, so incredibly overpowered that they had to errata Tactician into being Limited (can you imagine one of these puppies with 3x tacticians?). Using 3 of this combo in a list will make the super-powerful Aces players weep, particularly when they realize you can cover your flanks with each other fairly easily.

Maneuvering Fins + IA lets you figure out where they'll be heading, and adjust yourself to catch them better.

This enables superior blocking, shooting, and tacticianing.

​99 points for initiative gives you a leg-up on the TLT players.

I have flown 3 before, you must and I mean must give them Engine Upgrade.    It's your only hope!

Seriously, once soontier or another ace gets behind you if you don't have EI your cooked.

Ehh. Cover each other's flanks, and that's not an issue.

​Particularly if you maintain center-control.

​IA and Maneuvering Fins are good enough, in that case.

I have seen this run a few times.  We dubbed it the electric fence.  Works well against people who can't figure out how to crack it, but once cracked, can die very hard.  Went 3-2 at a tourney.

It is a whole lot a hull and shields to eat through!  I personally don't seem to get a lot of bang out of APLs.  You also should not have any problems hitting your opponents with a 3 attack die ship.  Maybe spend those points and crew cards and IDs.  Or even a cannon.

3x Slaver+Tactician+Outlaw Tech would be fun!

I was looking at running this next week.  Last week I ran 3 with Tactician and Dead Man's Switch.  It was pretty darn funny

I actually really like this!  

But I think you want Tactician instead of APL:  Here's the reasoning:

If you get to R1 in arc, you're gonna blast them. 

If they're out of arc, you feedback them already. 

If they bump you, you feedback them. 

Tactician gives you all of 180degrees of R2 thats also pretty tough to deal with.  

I like this one best.  I think itll work great.  

Also man fins.  

Thanks for the tips and advice guys. Since I have a little over a week to practice, I'll fly it with all your input against the lists I know that will be there (funny how some people get a list they like and never deviate from it, ever), and figure out which works best for my play style.