Sam Tomahawk

Campaign Text Opening Crawl

For those of us who try to squish as much "Star Wars" into our campaign game. For those of us who always have the soundtrack playing. For those of us who use soundboards and impressions (my Han Solo sounds like John Wayne, but my Tusken Raider always gets a chuckle out of my son) to enhance their game, I found these.

Original Campaign

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UTSFFUhcMk

Twin Shadows

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXhjUl3NPw

Return To Hoth

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5c0lwXgAH5c

(The newest ones are barely a week old. If you want to keep them, consider trying to download them before the mousehammer comes down.)

If you go to Starwars.com and click on the games + apps tab (which takes you here), they have a Crawl Creator which lets you input your own text. The only thing I don't like about it is that it only plays through the music once. If you have a lengthy crawl, it will finish in silence... kind of lame.

On the same page is a very nice soundboard that my friends and I use extensively in our RPG. Best of all, this is all licensed, free-to-use content that won't get a cease-and-desist letter.

I just finished making my own in Sony Vegas for a core campaign weekend me and some mates will be doing in a couple of weeks. Took a few tries until I was happy with it. But complete with some sub-par effects, pan down to the surface of Yavin 4, and a U-Wing flyby. Plus the sound of an imperial transmission, containing a speed up Morse coded message. :P  

edit: wrong link, fixed.

Edited by Hopfot
Updated video.

On 12/02/2016 at 3:06 AM, SFC Snuffy said:

If you have a lengthy crawl, it will finish in silence... kind of lame.

If that happens then youre doing it wrong. The initial crawl is just supposed to be a resume of whats going on. If a lengthy explanation is needed just use a NPC or a behind scenes prologue... just saying...

10 hours ago, Hopfot said:

I just finished making my own in Sony Vegas for a core campaign weekend me and some mates will be doing in a couple of weeks. Took a few tries until I was happy with it. But complete with some sub-par effects, pan down to the surface of Yavin 4, and a U-Wing flyby. Plus the sound of an imperial transmission, containing a speed up Morse coded message. :P  

edit: wrong link, fixed.

This is fantastic!

Are you considering doing these for the other campaigns, too?

11 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

This is fantastic!

Are you considering doing these for the other campaigns, too?

6 hours ago, Skuijs said:

Yeah would love then for bespin jabba and HoTe

I'm thinking I might try and make more, for the other Campaigns as I get around  to them. real life is a factor, plus this one was hard enough getting to a point where I was over 90% happy with it. The next opening crawl will probably be for Bespin mini campaign, as that's the only expansion I currently own. But my mate running the first campaign in a couple of weeks who asked me to put this together has a couple more expansions.

I also want to try my hand at ship flybys, say approaching certain planets ad locations. Just need some really good 3D animation software. Preferably for free. ;):P (wishful thinking I know).

Edited by Hopfot
Added quotes