Sign in to follow this  
RogerWilco15

Scum Top Gun?

This is the area that Scum are lacking in that's hurting them most currently: strong, high PS pilots with good abilities that can be kitted out for around 40 points. Fett and Bossk are both great, but expensive. Guri and the HWKs are all good, but don't have that "elite" PS. Which leaves Talonbane, Xizor, Kavil, and, to a limited extent, N'dru. But none of these are going to match the action economy of the other faction's aces, and none of them (barring Xizor) are anywhere near as slippery without investing in Engine Upgrade, Expert Handling, or something else.

Out of all the scum ships, a heavy Xizor is probably the closest ship you can get to the 'Ace' archetype; a high-PS, maneuverable ship with interesting abilities.

But since you need VI on Xizor to bring him up to PS9, and his ability doesn't always work well when you are trying to pull off fancy maneuvers, he doesn't fit the bill perfectly.  Also, let's not mention the fact that his pilot ability is completely negated by one of the most popular upgrades in the game at the moment - TLT.

Cloaking Device might help some of them.

But I really can't help but feel like Scum just overall... aren't quite a good as the other two factions.  That's partly I guess due to lack of releases, but they're sorely lacking a couple of major archetypes, particularly the fat PWT, and the high-init arcdodger.

Although, I am really looking forward to trying VI Dengar and VI Talonbane.  Not a huge amount of repositioning, but you can fit two well-tooled PS11s (though only one engine upgrade between them) and a Z95 blocker into 100 points.

But I really can't help but feel like Scum just overall... aren't quite a good as the other two factions.  That's partly I guess due to lack of releases, but they're sorely lacking a couple of major archetypes, particularly the fat PWT, and the high-init arcdodger.

Although, I am really looking forward to trying VI Dengar and VI Talonbane.  Not a huge amount of repositioning, but you can fit two well-tooled PS11s (though only one engine upgrade between them) and a Z95 blocker into 100 points.

Well they are pirates. There not going to have the funding of a Massive empire or a well funded Rebellion... They can be very nasty though.

Some of my go to ships

Kavil, auto blaster, Unhinged, Engine

IG88B Crackshot, FCS, AT, ID, HLC

Boba, VI, Tact, autoblaster, Engine

Moralo, HLC, Tact, K4, Engine

Kath, Predator, HLC, Tactician

Hired Gun, auto blaster turret, Unhinged, Flechette Torp, Seismic (in the right list).

Black Sun ace, Crackshot, Dampeners

VI Scum Boba.

VI Scum Kath.

Brobots/Brobot with Boba.

That one genius Bossk and Boba build that's floating around.

That's all that Scum have going for them in the Acewing department. Talonbane always dies turn 3 no matter what, and Xizor is okay I guess. Guri's 5 PS might as well be zero in this meta.

Dengar will give Scum a Super Dash but without a busted overpowered ~40 point acewing ship to pair it with, you're looking at a stripped down non-cannon Brobot or Tactician Gunner Bossk Transdoshan Slaver if you want to kit Dengar out fully.

What is Thug Life?

I think it was originally used for 5 x Syndicate Thugs with Autoblaster Turrets but has since been used for any list made up entirely of Syndicate Thugs. A common variation is 4 x TLT Thugs with Unhinged Astromechs. 

I won a store championship with VI Boba + EU and VI Kavil. I built both of them thinking about ways to deal with aces, and it was pretty good. Kavil with TLT is really consistent especially against high agility, low HP ships, and Boba is just a range one monster with the rerolls.

I won a store championship with VI Boba + EU and VI Kavil. I built both of them thinking about ways to deal with aces, and it was pretty good. Kavil with TLT is really consistent especially against high agility, low HP ships, and Boba is just a range one monster with the rerolls.

What is your list? I won an SC with an Imperial VI EU Boba and VI Vader. I'm looking for a Scum version of the list but without a Soontir/Vader equivalent I don't know what to pair Boba with.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

What is your list? I won an SC with an Imperial VI EU Boba and VI Vader. I'm looking for a Scum version of the list but without a Soontir/Vader equivalent I don't know what to pair Boba with.

Kath.

Boba- VI, EU

Kavil- VI, TLT, Unhinged

Thug- Unhinged, Ion Cannon Turret, BTL

I've really enjoyed flying it!

This is the area that Scum are lacking in that's hurting them most currently: strong, high PS pilots with good abilities that can be kitted out for around 40 points. Fett and Bossk are both great, but expensive. Guri and the HWKs are all good, but don't have that "elite" PS. Which leaves Talonbane, Xizor, Kavil, and, to a limited extent, N'dru. But none of these are going to match the action economy of the other faction's aces, and none of them (barring Xizor) are anywhere near as slippery without investing in Engine Upgrade, Expert Handling, or something else.

Is it just me, or does Guri and the Hawks sound like an awesome band name?

Is it just me, or does Guri and the Hawks sound like an awesome band name?

Virago Guri and the Spice Runners. My old tourny list.

Edited by Rakaydos

Well they are pirates. There not going to have the funding of a Massive empire or a well funded Rebellion... They can be very nasty though.

Black sun and the hutts are probably better funded than the rebellion in IV, and V Probably not VI though. And based on what we saw in the movie definitely better funded then the resistance.