Sign in to follow this  
Kilcannon

Bind question

After reading up on bind I was wondering if for narative description could it be used with brawl, athletics, and coordination to show martial arts maneuvers by imobolizing enemies. Moving into short range and describing bind as someone flipping into engaged and flipping back and bind power taking effect assuming the the force roll can activate it. He would end up in same place he started and wouldn't do anything more with the action then bind, but could describe it as martial arts. Is this in the spirit of narative and thinking outside the box for martial arts?

I could definitely see it as some sort of "Stunning Strike" technique. Very clever.

I often describe my characters using bind as taking a piece of the scenery and constricting the target. Vines, Fire, Roots, Rope, etc...

As long as the purpose of doing it that way isn't so that you can try and trick enemies into thinking you're not using the force. Otherwise you'd probably need to combine it with a Deception check.

Well I was thinking first round they imobolize their enemy and it last till end of their next turn so they spend two move actions one from that round and one from next round to attack with double aim. As for narative would describe it as them grabeing them or putting them in headlock, ect and then taking them down