Sign in to follow this  
James001

any new games

Nothing has been announced. And most of us (just from skimming past posts on similar questions to yours) seem to agree that such a thing would be inadvisable, at best. FFG already has a "complete" cycle with the three core books. If they were going to be releasing something to do with the era of Episode VII, or do a book with an Imperial slant/setting, I think it would likely be along the lines of a sourcebook.

I could see an old republic one, but would prefer a sourcebook. The same applies for one with clone wars specific items (playing a clone or having stats for the clone war droids would be awesome!), or episode VII stuff.

FFG tends to play things close to the vest.  When they're ready to announce it, you'll see an item on their news page, and generally not before.

If there's any sort of major announcement for the RPG line, expect to hear about it at GenCon during their In-Flight Report seminar.

FFG tends to play things close to the vest.  When they're ready to announce it, you'll see an item on their news page, and generally not before.

If there's any sort of major announcement for the RPG line, expect to hear about it at GenCon during their In-Flight Report seminar.

There is the FFG way. Not announce till just before it goes to the printer. And then there is the Palladium way. Announce the moment the thought hits your brain. 

One leads to trust the other leads to announced books that never happen or are years late. I think the FFG way works far far far better. 

I would love if FFG got permission from Disney to create their own "Legends" range, I would be all over an Old Republic core/source book.

Nb4 "not going to happen"

However, if they did do something like this. I would throw my entire wallet at a Legacy era book.

I highly doubt they'll release a new line. The best path, IMHO, is for them to focus on sourcebooks that improve the scope of the current 3 lines allowing you to play other things with what you have (an Imperial book for AoR or an Inquisition book for F&D, for example).

I highly doubt they'll release a new line. The best path, IMHO, is for them to focus on sourcebooks that improve the scope of the current 3 lines allowing you to play other things with what you have (an Imperial book for AoR or an Inquisition book for F&D, for example).

I agree. When they have gotten as far as they can go with this line...that is when you consider doing a second edition and consider what you have learned from the last version tweak to improve using lessons learned. Then put out your second edition. We are years from being at that point.

Yeah, especially given the way it has to be printed?  *IF* there is going to be a new line I'd predict it announced, and potentially with a Beta Printed out for Gen Con.  Though most likely there isn't, as dearly as I'd love a Clone Wars sourcebook.