Sign in to follow this  
Comradebot

A tale of a YV-666 at a Store Championship

I also love to rock Bossk on the YV, but not in the pilot seat. At the moment I'm having a lot of fun flying:

Trandoshan slaver w/Bossk, Tactician, Gunner, Feedback Array

3x Cartel Marauder Khiraxz.

I flew a few configurations of Bossk with mangler cannon, determination, Greedo, K-4, Tactician, and engine.

On any YV, it's always fun run Outlaw Tech, bring along Kaa'to with wingman and do full stops in the corner all day long. 

I can't wait for the mist hunter crew! Put 4-Lom and Zuckuss on Bossk with calculation and out law tech = pain. I think its the best 40 point Bossk and keeping Bossk cheap is a good idea.

My list...

Bossk - as mentioned above.

Xizor - predator, AT

Pirates x2.

ALSO - Did you just slip in there that Kavil and a pair of HWK's won the whole thing??? Any chance somebody has the list? Would love to see it. This store championship season is just making me so happy.

Yes indeed, Kavil, Palob and Torkil had their day in the sun and captured the SC. I will post up the list under the Org Play entry for Huntsville. 

At the start of this SC season, he took second place using eight Rebel Z-95s.

Now I'm even more tempted to bring them back... :D

Don't be tempted... Just bring'em to the table!

Debating between my modified Tarnation build and 8 Zs now, actually!

EDIT: Or hmm, I could use my Homing Zs as well...

Edited by MegaSilver

HOW. Just, HOW. o.0. CRAZY good!

Oh, don't be confused by the statement. I'm not the person who made 2nd place with 8 Zs. 

Edited by MegaSilver

Just go with the TalaBand, more guns is more guns. Just got to know how to fly'em. I've been very successful for now going into my third competitive season with the Zeds. As the meta has changed/shifted/morphed they remain as my loadstone.

Just go with the TalaBand, more guns is more guns. Just got to know how to fly'em. I've been very successful for now going into my third competitive season with the Zeds. As the meta has changed/shifted/morphed they remain as my loadstone.

Oh, I'm aware. I'm a Z swarmer myself. My first tourney was 8 Zs. I won a tourney with Tarnation though. Tarn was a good distraction piece. Though with the TLTs around, he's not quite as good as he used to be, unfortunately.

ALSO - Did you just slip in there that Kavil and a pair of HWK's won the whole thing??? Any chance somebody has the list? Would love to see it. This store championship season is just making me so happy.

Torkil Mux + Twin Laser Turret + Tactician

Palob Godalhi + Predator + Twin Laser Turret + Tactician + Moldy Crow

Kavil + Predator + Bomb Loadout + Twin Laser Turret + Unhinged Astromech + Proton Bombs

This is what he ran.  TLT and Tactician spam, very similar to the Krusty Komedy Klassic but with scum shenanigans and bombs thrown in.  Scary list, but I'm honestly sad I didn't get the chance to fly against it.  With GlitterCrack BSAs and late moving Bossk w/Boost, I have to think I could've given it a run.  Historically, I've murdered TLT HWKs and Ys with Bossk around.

With that said, the player is insanely good.  I played him in a championship match the other week of a tournament with Porkins, Blue Ace, and Ello Asty against his Crack TIE Swarm and he obliterated me.  At the start of this SC season, he took second place using eight Rebel Z-95s.

Am I the only one who noticed that this is an illegal list?   Tactician is now a Limited card, you can only field 1 of them 

Tactician is limited to one per ship, not one per squad. You can still have three ship with Tactician (like 3 b-wing in panic attack), but you can't have 2 tactician on the same ship.

I am a fool and have completely misread that....

I placed second at my store champ (probably only one I'll attend this year):

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1130

The game I lost was on MoV difference because I, for the first time in hundreds of games, did a stop move when I was stressed and my opponent flew Bossk through a rock and debris to kill him. Most other games weren't too difficult, except for the final. It's been a long time since I faced a swarm and I was overly aggressive when I shouldn't have been.