Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antigoth

$10?

16 posts in this topic

Absolutely!  This is a GREAT "euro" game.  If you like hand management, card drafting, planning ahead, and taking risks, you will  like this game.

TK

I wantd to buy it @ $10 with the price match that FFG promised the local FLGS but they TOTALLY screwed the ******* pooch on it. THey never got back to my FLGS. I guess this ws the last straw for them, FLGS, they are no longer going to carry FFG. I guess they are tired of getting under sold by FFG direct.

I'll go against the trend here, but I wouldn't buy it even for 10$.  I find the luck factor to be way too high.  A Euro game with luck?  Kind of defeats the purpose.

I find it's actually a very interesting game as soon as you realize that most of the luck is actually bluffing strategies like poker. I enjoy it because it's a fun mechanic and you don't get bogged down with players trying to plan the 'perfect move'.

Shnik said:

I'll go against the trend here, but I wouldn't buy it even for 10$.  I find the luck factor to be way too high.  A Euro game with luck?  Kind of defeats the purpose.

For me this is not a game of luck as much as a game of risk. And it's a game well worth the full price! For 10$ I would grab as many copies as I would be able to carry! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Luck is a factor of any game. I thought it was a fun game because of the suspense that my friends and I end up building up during games. 

Omnicrazzy said:

any links to places selling it for that low?

yep, I'd like to know, too.

for 10$, I'd pick it up just for storing it on a shelf :)

Lots of places seem to put this on sale due to it not selling very well.

Its not a bad game, it just doesnt have the apeal thatother games seem to draw, or the word of mouth.

Hey, when they offered Perikles for $10.00 I got a copy. It is still being produced, but would cost you a lot more to purchase. This game has recently been reprinted by a European company. It's a neat game. FFG has added several games to their Catalog, so they may be giving up on this one. It's still a good game.

Agreed, $10 is worth it for almost any game, but there are definitely a few that I regret buying at full price.  If I can find this one for cheap, I'll guess check it out.