Sign in to follow this  
brandonsosoli

Target Lock into Wired

So I'm running a list inspired by Heavers recent championship list. However my question is that, I am running Ello Asty as my T-70 pilot but am trying to decide between VI or Wired.

Ello Asty

-Targeting Astromech

-Intergrated Astromech

- VI or Wired

The reason I originally went wired was so the I could T-Roll or K-Turn and claim a stress token for the red manoeuvre. Then get the auto Target Lock from the Astromech. I would then shoot off at an enemy ship and say for example I landed 1 hit and 2 blanks, I could target lock the blanks and say I rolled eyes. Would the Wired ability then allow me to re-roll the new eyes I now have?

I ask because I know re rolled dice can't be re rolled again but if another card ability kicks in would it work then?

So I'm running a list inspired by Heavers recent championship list. However my question is that, I am running Ello Asty as my T-70 pilot but am trying to decide between VI or Wired.

Ello Asty

-Targeting Astromech

-Intergrated Astromech

- VI or Wired

The reason I originally went wired was so the I could T-Roll or K-Turn and claim a stress token for the red manoeuvre. Then get the auto Target Lock from the Astromech. I would then shoot off at an enemy ship and say for example I landed 1 hit and 2 blanks, I could target lock the blanks and say I rolled eyes. Would the Wired ability then allow me to re-roll the new eyes I now have?

I ask because I know re rolled dice can't be re rolled again but if another card ability kicks in would it work then?

No, you can only reroll a die 1 time, no matter how many abilities you have that could allow,you to do it.

Wired is really only for pilots who want to be stressed most of the time and don't need ptl to do it.

Vi (or the upcoming adaptability if you're pushed for points) in the build mentioned would be a far better option

Wired is really only for pilots who want to be stressed most of the time and don't need ptl to do it.

Vi (or the upcoming adaptability if you're pushed for points) in the build mentioned would be a far better option

Wired is nice on PTL A-Wings.

Wired seems wasted on Ello given his T-Rolls are white if he isn't stressed.  And if he's stressed, you can't do one anyway.

Targeting Astromech is wasted on Elo as well. It's only ever going to trigger when he K-Turns. With the white T-Rolls he won't probably K-Turn much.

R2 wouldn't be a bad choice on him as it lets him ditch stress better if he gets some to open his ability back up. BB-8 wouldn't be a bad choice for him either.

Elli Asty's T-Rolls "may be treated as white" the wording then means you may treat it as red too though. White T-Rolls into boosts for menouverabity and then Red T-Rolls for Wired and auto target locks?

Which is why I was wondering if I red T-roll for an auto target lock and then spend the target lock to roll blanks to eyes, would I then get the re roll of the eyes from wired?

Elli Asty's T-Rolls "may be treated as white" the wording then means you may treat it as red too though. White T-Rolls into boosts for menouverabity and then Red T-Rolls for Wired and auto target locks?

Which is why I was wondering if I red T-roll for an auto target lock and then spend the target lock to roll blanks to eyes, would I then get the re roll of the eyes from wired?

A single die may only be rerolled once. If you spend the TL to reroll 3 blanks, those dice can not be rerolled using another ability.

Yeah, you can always choose to not use Ello's ability and leave your T-Roll red but every time you do that you are taking a stress and passing up using his ability the next round as well (at a minimum). In my opinion, you are taking two upgrades that work counter to Ello's pilot ability.

A single die may only be rerolled once. If you spend the TL to reroll 3 blanks, those dice can not be rerolled using another ability.

Yeah, you can always choose to not use Ello's ability and leave your T-Roll red but every time you do that you are taking a stress and passing up using his ability the next round as well (at a minimum). In my opinion, you are taking two upgrades that work counter to Ello's pilot ability.

Okay, no worries. I might go with the VI then and look at kitting him with BB8 or something lol

VI works better, as does the R7-T1 droid.

If you treated the T-Roll as red to get an auto-lock off the Targeting Astromech, why not just treat it as white and take a target lock as normal? Targeting Astromech is for people having to use reds or with lots of reds on their dial (I think it works great on Y-Wings)

Okay, no worries. I might go with the VI then and look at kitting him with BB8 or something lol

Asty? R7-T1, BB-8, or one of the Regenerators.

VI is nice, but I really like Outmaneuver on him.

Extra bonus to getting behind them and all that rot, right? Particularly with a White Talon roll into a Boost, and you'll get a bead even on Fel.

VI works better, as does the R7-T1 droid.

If you treated the T-Roll as red to get an auto-lock off the Targeting Astromech, why not just treat it as white and take a target lock as normal? Targeting Astromech is for people having to use reds or with lots of reds on their dial (I think it works great on Y-Wings)

I'd say that the Targeting Astromech is designed for Hobbie Klivan. Do a K-turn and take a stress. Acquire a target lock and due to his ability lose the stress. And then you're free to focus with your action. At least I think you can do that. Even if you can't you still have the TL and lose the stress when you use it

Asty? R7-T1, BB-8, or one of the Regenerators.

VI is nice, but I really like Outmaneuver on him.

Extra bonus to getting behind them and all that rot, right? Particularly with a White Talon roll into a Boost, and you'll get a bead even on Fel.

Okay, so how about this then?

Ello Asty (30)
Outmaneuver (3)
R7-T1 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)

Tala Squadron Pilot (13)

Total: 100

This way I'm still getting my Ion Turret control with stress but I lose my A-Wing to make Ello Asty a boss ass ship?
Edited by brandonsosoli

I'd give Asty VI, as Outmaneuver doesn't team well with that droid for me (you need to be in arc for it to work, and out of arc for the EPT to work)

But if he's PS9 due to VI, he's then at Ace level.

Also means you have 2 points spare to give the other Y-Wing a droid. Probably R2 astromech.

I'd give Asty VI, as Outmaneuver doesn't team well with that droid for me (you need to be in arc for it to work, and out of arc for the EPT to work)

Also means you have 2 points spare to give the other Y-Wing a droid. Probably R2 astromech.

With 2 points to spare you could bump that Ion Cannon up to a TLT and still put an R2 Astromech on the other Y-Wing...

With 2 points to spare you could bump that Ion Cannon up to a TLT and still put an R2 Astromech on the other Y-Wing...

If Asty's PS is a major concern then I could always keep the upgrades and take Wedge? Which would still leave me with 1point to include the R2Astromech?

It's love seeing how everyone sees the game that little bit differently!

I'd always (these days) take the T-70 though. Love them T-Rolls, and especially white ones!

I love them too, I started the game with The Force Awakens kit. I even love the way they look more! I do appreciate how underated the T-65's can be though.