Sign in to follow this  
WarriorPoet

Rogue Squadron

I made this for fun, and tried it out at league night last night. Lost my first match against Echo, Whisper, and Dark Curse, and won my second, against Omega Leader, 2 crackshot TIE/FOs and 2 expose TIE/LNs with shield upgrades [edit: Wampa and Youngster].

I'd like to stick with these pilots, or possibly swap Janson for Hobbie, but definitely stay Rogue, and probably not use Biggs.

Wedge (X-wing, 29)

Calculation (1)

R2-D2 (4)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes (X-wing, 29)

Determination (1)

R5-P9 (3)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Luke (X-wing, 28)

Stay on Target (2)

BB-8 (2)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Edit: Total = 99

I'm debating my assignment of Astromechs, and my EPT choices, so thoughts there would be appreciated.

Edited by WarriorPoet

Veteran Instincts would be better on all of them I think.

Poe Dameron in the T-70 is pretty good. With the boost action and additional shield he's pretty much a straight upgrade from your regular T-65 X-Wing. He gets even better with R5-P6 because of his Pilot Skill. He doesn't actually have to spend his Focus token in combat to use it effectively giving you basically a free regen each round. Even though it would get rid of the Rogue Squadron theme, I recommend switching Wes with Poe.

Throwing together a quick list with those 3 pilots, here's what I did:

Wedge Antilles (29)

+ Push The Limit (3)

+ BB-8 (2)

+ Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Janson (29)

+ R3-A2 (2)

+ Veteran Instincts (1)

Luke Skywalker (28)

+ Predator (3)

+ R5-P9 (3)

Wedge is an absolute hammer. Reveal a green maneuver, barrel roll, push for a Focus, clear your stress, and take a Target Lock. At range 1 of a target, you have 4 dice with TL+F and they have -1 defense. Wes is there to annoy the heck out of aces: PS10 and R3-A2 to give them unwanted stress, plus you can strip tokens if one of your other ships has a shot lined up, too. Finally, Luke is well-rounded with Predator on offense, his ability on defense, and the Focus he takes each turn regenerating shields with R5-P9.

There might be better builds out there, but this one should be pretty solid.

Put veteran instincts on Wes, so he can shed the token before Wedge can fire. Then possibly add opportunist on Wedge to take advantage of that. That means dropping stay on target and going up to 100 points.

Wedge will have a huge target on his back. He might not survive past the 2nd attack, even with R2D2, so hit hard the first 2 passes.

Put veteran instincts on Wes, so he can shed the token before Wedge can fire. Then possibly add opportunist on Wedge to take advantage of that. That means dropping stay on target and going up to 100 points.

Wedge will have a huge target on his back. He might not survive past the 2nd attack, even with R2D2, so hit hard the first 2 passes.

Definitely agree on VI for Wes for his ability to help out Wedge, but I've had better experience with PTL for a target lock/focus on Wedge's first pass. You're right that Wedge isn't going to stick around for too long, so making that first and potentially second shot really count is important. With BB-8, you can slink in and make sure he's unstressed, or throw a cheaper R2 astromech on him for a better stress clearing dial. 

Thanks for the feedback. Here's what I have so far:

Wedge (X-wing, 29)

Push the limit (3)

BB-8 (2)

Integrated astromech (0)

Wes (X-wing, 29)

Veteran Instincts

[insert astromech here]

Integrated astromech (0)

Luke (X-wing, 28)

Draw their fire (1)

R5-P9 (3)

Integrated astromech (0)

Total: 96

I'm torn between throwing R2 [edit: as in, R2-D2] on Wes and losing any initiative bid, or using R3-A2 or R7-T1 on him. Thoughts?

Edited by WarriorPoet

I wouldnt use R3A2. R2D2 is never a bad option. Have you thought of using R7-T1 on Wedge? With PTL, he can target lock at range 2, boost into range 1, then focus. Wes then clears tokens, and Wedge brings the hurt, Luke should be able to clean up if needed. If you did that, I would give Wes a 1 point astromech, and upgrade luke to R2D2.

I am sorry for Necromancy but I have finally put toghether a list, I would like to play as Rogue Squadron. And it is under consideration for an upcoming store championship:

Wedge Antilles — X-Wing 29 Predator 3 R5-K6 2 Integrated Astromech 0 Ship Total: 34    

Luke Skywalker — X-Wing 28 Draw Their Fire 1 R2-D2 4 Integrated Astromech 0 Ship Total: 33    

Tycho Celchu — A-Wing 26 Push the Limit 3 Proton Rockets 3 Wired 1 A-Wing Test Pilot 0 Ship Total: 33

the Idea is that Wedge is going to be the major attack force along with Luke to cover his back. Tycho will be side-deployed to wreak havoc on the flank.

Edited by Jiron