Sign in to follow this  
MAVERlCK

My first tournament build - Can you help me improve it?

Ten Numb
Veteran Instinct + Mangler Cannon + Fire-Control System (38)

Blue Squadron Pilot 
Fire-Control System (24)

Blue Squadron Pilot 
Fire-Control System (24)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Total: 98 pts

Ten Numb is there to counter Sootir Fel and otherwise I just wanted to go with something beefy that packs a decent punch. I'm heading into my first competitive event (Store Champ) so I'd be very interested in your feedback. Keep in mind I'm still green with 5 played games total.

Cheers!

List looks solid.

At PS10, there's not much reason to keep an initiative bid, so you might as well spend those 2 points.

I'd go for E2 mod & Intelligence Agent on one of the BSPs or Advanced Sensors on Ten Numb to give him some arc-dodging ability.

Good luck at your tourney though! Focus on having fun and you'll have a blast I'm sure :D

I think I like the list as-is. The threat of FCS from three different B's is real...and that Bandit provides the extra coverage you need from the 4th ship. From what I have seen in my area lately, there are a lot of PS-10 types such as VI Poe, so the two point initiative bid would probably be OK. If anything, I find it more important for the lower PS ships to decide who gets to block who and who gets to react to who...probably worth it.

I like it. It's a fairly straightforward list not relying on too many tricks which I think is good to start with, means you can focus on just playing the game and more importantly having fun.

I played my first tournament a few months ago having only played 3 games previously and everyone was really good and helpful about the fact I really wasn't that sure what I was doing!