Sign in to follow this  
atr127

Yavin Open Tickets now on sale

pretty impressive.  what has been the biggest x-wing event in the world until now? i'm pretty sure this will surpass it now.

... the annual World tournament

This is max 512, and therefore bigger than world's right? If it sells out that is

It's not till June, so it'll sell out.

And yeah still no word on whether you get auto-included in the Hanger Bay event if you don't make the 18 points to progress.

Excited!

And it does state "Any players who did not accumulate 18 points will be entred in to both final day "Hanger Bay" Side Tournaments" - am I missing something?

So, £16 gets you, at worst and if you can field two squads on the Sunday, two copies of the double pilot card.

IIRC, £36. You also need a separate ticket to enter the building.

Seriously? If so, the ticket page doesn't make that very clear.

Eh, it's hard to complain about 36 quid, when you consider it as 3 quid a game, with nice loot to be had. I've signed up, and today I actually played my first games in, er, nearly a year at my local store championship (came 7th. Not too shabby) so I've proved to myself that I, you know, remember how to play...

Yeah 9 games at the least (whether you make the cut or do Hanger Bay), a bunch of alt art prizes and others. AND a big gaming event to look around and buy stuff at when you have breaks? Easiest event purchase I ever made.

3 of us are going as a group, hotel booked, Expo tickets for all 3 days. Going to be awesome!

Two Hangar Bay events I think, according to the site, so I'm assuming 12 games all in... I'd be happy with 9 though. And yeah, I've talked a friend up in Scotland to come with me, and I think a few folk from round here are going too, so it should be fun indeed.

I had a look on the site. From the event description (emphasis mine, spelling mistakes theirs):

After six rounds, players who have accumulated 18 or more tournament points will advance to the final day. 

Any players who did not accumulate 18 points will be entred in to both final day "Hanger Bay" Side Tournaments

On the final day, all of those players will compete in three more rounds of play. The top 8 players by overall record will then be placed in a single-elimination bracket.

All remaining players have entry into the second Hanger Bay Side Event.

So if you wash out on Day 1 (and I will...), you get entry to BOTH Hangar Bay side events. If you play day 2 but don't make the cut, you get into the second. Nice system.

EDIT: Also, I know they're spelling it "hanger" on the Expo page, but it's "hangar". Sorry. Professional editor of SF fiction here, and that's a constant bugbear...

Edited by Graeme Lyon

It is. So, if I'm reading it all right, the prizes are:

DAY ONE

PARTICIPATION: Alt-art Aurabesh BB-8

DAY TWO – MAIN EVENT (18+ points on Day One)

PARTICIPATION: 10 acrylic Shield Tokens, 2x double-sided Aurabesh Blue Novice/Epsilon Pilot + 1 Plastic version

TOP 32: Acrylic Range 1 & 2 rulers

TOP 8: Acrylic movement template set

TOP 4: Playmat

RUNNER-UP: Plaque

WINNER: Trophy + Coruscant Invitational entry

HANGAR BAY

PARTICIPATION: Double-sided Aurabesh Blue Novice/Epsilon Pilot

6-11 POINTS: Additional card

12-15 POINTS: Plastic card

Plus a second chance at the Hangar Bay stuff for everyone who's not in the Top 8.